2019 Ford Ranger Speculation thread

So we can expect to see the 3.3L V6 as the base engine and the 2.3L EB as the optional engine? Or maybe 2.3L EB is the only engine option at launch with some form of a diesel as late availability.

The engine choices sound about right, if I were to guess. The 3.3L V6 would be good base engine since it's naturally aspirated and good for fleets due to the available CNG/LPG Prep Package, etc. The 2.3L EB I4 would be option along with maybe the 2.0L EB I4 for regular cab 2wd. The 2.7L EB V6 would likely be either the Raptor or Lightning-type of high performance model.

I'm thinking more like 2.5L non-turbo as base engine and 2.3L EB as the top gas choice. If we do see a V6 EB it will probably be a Raptor only choice and not available at launch.

I thought the 2.5L NA I4 is on its way out? It's an old engine as used in Fusion and Escape for years. Unless it's entering its next generation of motor design. It's kinda interesting that it's a day close to the Ranger's reveal (if it is to be shown tomorrow, that is), that we don't know any details of it in terms of powertrain. All we know is that it is just a world-wide update with revised front styling for American market and keeping the steel body for now. But nothing about powertrain and other info. Midnight just cannot get here soon enough if Ford has released info to auto journalists on condition of embargo. Hopefully there will be some leaks along the way today but yet I kinda wanna be surprised. :)

Ford almost always has their NAIAS press conference on Monday morning.

I don't think I noticed that but yeah that does make sense given the historical sense. By the way, on another Ford forum, someone posted a link to a Facebook page that had the new Ranger! However, the link is now dead but someone else posted the image of it. I won't re-post it here nor comment on it as to not ruin it for anyone. There were a few articles in Google search also posting that image however were later removed. So apparently Ford is trying to keep it under wraps until midnight. I'm stoked as to more images as well as details of what it will have.

I don't think I noticed that but yeah that does make sense given the historical sense. By the way, on another Ford forum, someone posted a link to a Facebook page that had the new Ranger! However, the link is now dead but someone else posted the image of it. I won't re-post it here nor comment on it as to not ruin it for anyone. There were a few articles in Google search also posting that image however were later removed. So apparently Ford is trying to keep it under wraps until midnight. I'm stoked as to more images as well as details of what it will have.

was it white? I posted a white one a few days ago in this very thread but its not the US version.

was it white? I posted a white one a few days ago in this very thread but its not the US version.

No it's kinda an orangish-yellowish color. It's on the FIN Forum if you are member under '2019 Ford Ranger' if you wanna see. The original Facebook link is dead but someone else in post #2 posted the pic of it there. It's the same one that has the double bar grille in one of the pics as posted here the other day but not the one you posted.

No it's kinda an orangish-yellowish color. It's on the FIN Forum if you are member under '2019 Ford Ranger' if you wanna see. The original Facebook link is dead but someone else in post #2 posted the pic of it there. It's the same one that has the double bar grille in one of the pics as posted here the other day but not the one you posted.

found the thread. Thats the current Ranger Wildtrak, which isnt coming here.

That came from Chris Doane

Its real

Yeah that's it. Who is this Chris Doane person? The link is dead as it was taken down or so its dead to me.

Edited: Nevermind, I looked up Chris Doane in FB since I have an account there and saw Chris Doane Automotive page that the link was supposed to go to. I thought it was a person but now realize spy photographer.

Edited by pffan1990

Yeah that's it. Who is this Chris Doane person? The link is dead as it was taken down or so its dead to me.

Edited: Nevermind, I looked up Chris Doane in FB since I have an account there and saw Chris Doane Automotive page that the link was supposed to go to. I thought it was a person but now realize spy photographer.

He ends up being right more often than not. The fact the page is gone now tells me that Ford found out and asked him to remove it.
  • Like 2