2019 Ford Ranger Speculation thread

Other than making the truck look "tougher" it was probably an easier way to mount a third brake light without having to modify the roof sheet metal or the cab wiring harness. The fact that it is mounted to sheet metal and not the vehicle's actual frame makes it pretty much useless for rollover protection.

That would be a picture from Back to the Future. Marty and his girlfriend are in the truck.

I know exactly what it's from.

My point is - the best example of when "many trucks" came with it, and it was "in" is from the 80s.......it's dated, doesn't look good, and should go away.

Other than making the truck look "tougher" it was probably an easier way to mount a third brake light without having to modify the roof sheet metal or the cab wiring harness. The fact that it is mounted to sheet metal and not the vehicle's actual frame makes it pretty much useless for rollover protection.

If the T6 can be Federalized (which, apparently, it can), the rollover protection is in the cab itself, and the bars don't need to be structural.

I can't see any scenario where it has it even available here.

Why not? It can't cost that much to add, no more than running boards. It's not like we're talking about adding something major like another transmission.

Just because you guys don't like them, that doesn't mean that nobody does.

• Like 1

Once the cab has been modified to add the third brake light, and the brown and blue trucks clearly show that it has, I doubt you will see the "roll bar" or the cab extensions that were used previously, at least not here. I assume those were only used previously in markets where the third brake light was mandatory. Some markets may choose to keep them for other purposes (think "sh!thole countries") ... ;)

BTW, what the heck is that other black strip on the roof of the brown truck above the doors? Is that some sort of add-on drip rail for the soccer mom crowd?

z8zg1big0zwztxvqbmzk.jpg

2019-ford-ranger-uncovered.jpg

Edited by blksn8k2

BTW, what the heck is that other black strip on the roof of the brown truck above the doors? Is that some sort of add-on drip rail for the soccer mom crowd?

z8zg1big0zwztxvqbmzk.jpg

If you are looking at the right side of the truck. it is probably a luggage rack from the burgundy SUV behind the Ranger.

Its there but because its a different angle its more visible on the left side than the right.

I don't know...it still looks to me like there is something added on the brown truck. It may be the angle of the photo but, again, it looks more like a drip rail above the doors. And I am looking at the left side, not the right side of the truck. It's pretty obvious that what you see above the right side is the roof of the vehicle in the background. The blue truck has the typical filler strip between the roof panel and the door frame but it is more recessed.

Good one Anthony! LOL!

post-22574-0-20152400-1515785782_thumb.jpg

Why not? It can't cost that much to add, no more than running boards. It's not like we're talking about adding something major like another transmission.

Just because you guys don't like them, that doesn't mean that nobody does.

If buyers liked them, other trucks here would offer them.

I don't know...it still looks to me like there is something added on the brown truck. It may be the angle of the photo but, again, it looks more like a drip rail above the doors. And I am looking at the left side, not the right side of the truck. It's pretty obvious that what you see above the right side is the roof of the vehicle in the background. The blue truck has the typical filler strip between the roof panel and the door frame but it is more recessed.

Good one Anthony! LOL!

I think what you're seeing is just an illusion on a grainy photo.

Zoomed in like that it looks as if the roof sits slightly lower on the body panel than it does on the blue truck

I guess we will find out for sure on Monday.

That could be because of the blacked out rear window. It makes the window look larger on the brown truck but I think the windows and the roof are actually the same size on both trucks. I definitely like the blacked out slider the best. Looks more upscale.