When will the Ranger be available?

And of course it's model specific because some of the rebates and package discounts are model and package specific - no way around that.

You can't get a 302A package discount unless you get the 302A package to begin with.

I understand it's a lot of fine print and confusing but they're not advertising invalid prices or discounts.

Those $27K reg cab XLs have $4250 rebates right now. XLT is $6250. Lariat, KR, Limited and Platinum is only $2750.

Because they're in run out phase, I'm talking about establishing the MSRP first and then consider what incentives would apply.

Because they're in run out phase, I'm talking about establishing the MSRP first and then consider what incentives would apply.

They've been priced that way for several years.

Normally you would expect the biggest incentives on the most expensive versions but that's clearly not the case with F150. I think it's just more competition at the lower end of the market.

Normally you would expect the biggest incentives on the most expensive versions but that's clearly not the case with F150. I think it's just more competition at the lower end of the market.

So maybe the discount equals the fleet price?

fuzzy...it was a real answer...fact is they don't want any and ALL questions answered...I think its to maintain Dealerships relevance....the flip side is it confuses dealers almost as much and all the needless time having to research which program is compatible, or not compatable with another is ridiculous...and SIDEBAR, there is actually a Department at Ford hellbent on charging dealers back for programs passed onto customers that they A) may not have been eligible for, or B ) the documentation required and provided wasn't up to Fords standards....don't get me started on passing on business Rebates to a LLC where ALL members have to be documented/ proven. Or A Plan money whee the customer gets the car and then did-appears after promising to get their pin number....

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 3

fuzzy...it was a real answer...fact is they don't want any and ALL questions answered...I think its to maintain Dealerships relevance....the flip side is it confuses dealers almost as much and all the needless time having to research which program is compatible, or not compatable with another is ridiculous...and SIDEBAR, there is actually a Department at Ford hellbent on charging dealers back for programs passed onto customers that they A) may not have been eligible for, or B ) the documentation required and provided wasn't up to Fords standards....don't get me started on passing on business Rebates to a LLC where ALL members have to be documented/ proven. Or A Plan money whee the customer gets the car and then did-appears after promising to get their pin number....

zDVTGCb.jpg Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 2

Ford Crushes the upper end of the pickup market, they were the first to really go up and have had the rewards for it. (Like GM with full size utilities) I can't find the article/press release (I think it was when GM launched the new trucks) but it said Ford commands something like 75% of light duty sales above 60K, and almost 100% above 70K. That is why the new Chevy/GMC/Ram trucks have gone to more luxury models to try and capture some of that market. Ford keeps them limited just enough that they don't have to use heavy incentives add to that someone buying a 65K truck an additional $2500 off isn't going to sway them the same way a person buying a 37K truck would be.

Just like Ford is going after GM with the new Expedition, GM is going after Ford at the upper end of the Pickup market.

Interesting when GM is offering up to 18% discount on its 2018 Silverado,

GM still has quite a few months until the 2019 Silverado/Sierra arrive in force.

Maybe GM sees the threat is coming from RAM more than Ford.....

• Like 1

They still sell a mountain of bare-bones F-150 fleet trucks, I think a big part of the ATP increase has less to do with Luxury F-150s and more to do with SuperDuty work trucks which add to those numbers significantly. The ATPs really skyrocketed with the new SuperDuty which is something that GM and RAM are still trailing. I have no doubt both RAM and GM can match the F-150 ATP's (and probably sales volume in GM's case), but it's the SuperDuty that's going to be a tough one to crack...especially since an update is supposedly coming for those and GM is a bit further behind.

Edited by Assimilator

They still sell a mountain of bare-bones F-150 fleet trucks, I think a big part of the ATP increase has less to do with Luxury F-150s and more to do with SuperDuty work trucks which add to those numbers significantly. The ATPs really skyrocketed with the new SuperDuty which is something that GM and RAM are still trailing. I have no doubt both RAM and GM can match the F-150 ATP's (and probably sales volume in GM's case), but it's the SuperDuty that's going to be a tough one to crack...especially since an update is supposedly coming for those and GM is a bit further behind.

As long as the duramax is seen as a gutless wonder by a majority of the market they will continue to be behind the Super Duty

For a long time GM and Ford were fairly close on Full-size truck sales with GM overtaking Ford in aggregate if not in nameplates at least half the time over the past 20 years. The current situation is very unusual with Ford's huge commanding lead and focus on F-150 innovation, the 2015 was a moonshot that worked brilliantly. Now that the competition is responding, you have to wonder what Ford's next big move will be to get ahead again. It's obviously crucial to be the leader with so much profit on the line, but they have to get the rest of their unprofitable business in order so they can benefit from it.

Edited by Assimilator