So the Continental isn't dead?

Just because they only showed the sketch doesn't mean they aren't further along on the actual development.

To add to this, Ford don't do concept only vehicles much anymore, it's usually a preview of showroom products

They showed the clay of the Bronco under a sheet....

Well, they have been talking about that since last year.....they have to show some sort of progress on something publicly announced way too early.

This new sedan model hasn't been publicly announced and was just shown at a dealer show......although then again, the dealer shows usually get to see what's in development (i.e. stuff that's closer if it is).

Are u sure they didnt whip that up right before the presentation? The bottom one especially looks like it was done in ten minutes with that scraggly ass line across the back...

That "scraggly ass" line represents the horizontal continuity all Lincoln's have...in the presentation they stressed how linear their design is and stressed on the Aviator sketch how the lines connect along the side.

RE my pics I posted: Its all about context....this was a dealer sales training event held in Dearborn, they allowed cameras to be used and hence wouldn't truly reveal anything too sensitive. Conversely, they chose to end the presentation with sketches of a swoopy sedan after showing/discussing current product (MKZ, Continental, Navigator and then Aviator) in regards to Lincoln's design esthetic.

Now, we pretty much know the next new model up is the MKC replacement (Corsair) due by 2020 yet they didnt show/tease any sketches of that, and instead chose to show these. Why not just tease with Corsair sketches? Well, it might not deviate much beyond the Aviator in its look, and what better way to stress Lincoln's design mantra than a cool sketch of a sleek coupe-like sedan!

Its doubtful Lincoln would want to fool their current sales force with these sketches if it was a dead end, and instead would want to tease about whats coming down the pike (2020+) Esp after the hoopla over "Ford is dropping sedans" which was a few weeks earlier than this event. My 2 cents!

• Like 2