WSJ Front Page Story on Hackett

I think China, Europe and South America are big factors here, more than North America.

That's it, although I don't think investors realize the increasing similarity between these markets makes their product restructuring more efficient. Ford is deficient in the same areas across all of these markets (utilities) so it's a problem they may be able to fix simultaneously. Asia poses other challenges for Ford. Europe will certainly be a problem until Brexit closes and it's an operation that needs much bigger cost cutting and product restructuring. They need to get out of the volume car business since it's persistently unprofitable. They can do that in the US, but Europe is another challenge. They have to make unprofitable cars to exist there. They might see a path through this, I'm not sure.

I think Ford is probably too far behind to easily recover at this stage, but it's not impossible. I think they are poised for a quick recovery in the US, definitely not so in the rest of the world which I would certainly be concerned about. Even if they sell more Focii and Fiesta, it's not going to make them more money. Anything is possible in China despite how completely irrelevant Ford has become, they can come back if they figure out their management.

It is harder to cut cost this time, and not as immediately evident since it will take years of improving product efficiency. They are out of factories and people to cut.

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 1

I have a theory,

The only hold ratings companies have over Ford is the threat of worsening ratings and outlook,

once that power is removed, the commentary stops because investors are not interested.

If Ford was rated as Junk Bond, then analysts and investors would have zero interest and just move on......

I have a theory,

The only hold ratings companies have over Ford is the threat of worsening ratings and outlook,

once that power is removed, the commentary stops because investors are not interested.

If Ford was rated as Junk Bond, then analysts and investors would have zero interest and just move on......

if that were the case they would have moved on from Tesla already

Absolutely NOT a spoof ! My sources are retired middle/upper Engineering Management. Some even have a special retiree lunch with Hackett once a quarter (?).

Oh I know-sad to say. Like I said.."my first thought"...could someone at such a high level author such a collection of buzz phrases? And I guess its my problem-I clearly am not a "cerebral" thinker.

By the way, how do your friends-given their obvious success and years of service view this guy?