No More Cars

22 hours ago, akirby said:

I’ve driven in NJ - not any worse than Atlanta.  I agree with the theory but in practice there may not be room or time to swerve and it’s usually safer to just hit something head on than to risk a rollover or hitting something on the shoulder.

Brings up another point. Fusion S stops faster than Edge ST, even though edge has upgraded

brakes (not huge upgrade, but slightly better rear rotors and upgraded pads all around). 

Probably right with ill handling, top heavy SUV's and the general public's observance of the traffic around them.  

23 hours ago, akirby said:

I bet Mach E has car like handling because of that.

Will see, aside the F150's, does Ford have anything with class leading low weights?

Is Mach-E going to have alum body?

1 hour ago, OX1 said:

Not sure what you are asking? I have a mustang, doesn't have AWD. 

AWD is killer out of the hole even in the rain, I don't even bother driving a 600 HP

RWD in the rain (let alone snow).....

I reread my post, I must have been tired when I posted it, because I think I meant to say at least we still have the mustang as an option.

Personally my favorite car right now is the challenger, AWD is a huge bonus for the GT but only available with the V6 :violin:

It occurs to me, that the continental exists. Does lincoln still sell that? I suppose that's an option too if one can afford it!  I love that car.

8 hours ago, OX1 said:

Brings up another point. Fusion S stops faster than Edge ST, even though edge has upgraded

brakes (not huge upgrade, but slightly better rear rotors and upgraded pads all around). 

Probably right with ill handling, top heavy SUV's and the general public's observance of the traffic around them.  

The vast majority of driving is done under 50 MPH-That's why I laugh at people who scoff at All Season Performance tires vs Summer Rated ones-unless your driving your car on the track regularly, your far better off with all season tires because summer rated tires are going to cause you even more problems if it goes below freezing (or even 40). 

The Edge ST weighs 1000 lbs more then a Fusion S-its simple psychics as to why it takes longer to stop. 

Not to mention the vast majority of the driving public doesn't even come close to driving their cars to the limit-more often then not they straight exceed them because they over react/compensate 

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

The Edge ST weighs 1000 lbs more then a Fusion S-its simple psychics as to why it takes longer to stop. 

That’s definitely an issue with the current Edge - it’s a pig. Hopefully the NG model loses 300 or more pounds. 

4 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

The vast majority of driving is done under 50 MPH-That's why I laugh at people who scoff at All Season Performance tires vs Summer Rated ones-unless your driving your car on the track regularly, your far better off with all season tires because summer rated tires are going to cause you even more problems if it goes below freezing (or even 40). 

Not to mention the vast majority of the driving public doesn't even come close to driving their cars to the limit-more often then not they straight exceed them because they over react/compensate 

Fusion Sport (not S, sorry), which is 400 lbs less, and of course that is just another one of my points of why a sedan is safer, on the same chassis.  

Everyone knows summer tires are not good in low temps. I've driven the 4SPS down to 35 with no scary skidding all over the place, like the other summer tires I have (had)

Not sure what magic fairydust Mich puts in them, but brand new, they blow away the Mich AS 3+ in the rain too (went pavement, not hydroplaning resistance).  

I was flabbergasted I could go @ 90% with the 4SPS's on wet pavement......... (the second year, they were not quite as good)

And yet 100's of thousands are on this highway every year, driving way faster than SUV's should be allowed to drive, in vehicles less safe than they could have been. 

Edited by OX1

Um... are people actually using summer tires in the winter?

I have summer tires on my camaro, but I don't drive it until the snow melts and its warm enough to remove the roof.  The Escape and Bronco have all-seasons.  Would have bought a set of winter tires too if I wasn't planning to upgrade the escape.