Sign in to follow this  
Joe771476

How Biden just ruined his chance for the presidency

A) he said if he's elected, he'd make everybody wear a mask (like a sheep) !  B) his running mate will be a minority woman, qualifications are secondary!  I see a Trump landslide!

Get over this wearing a mask makes you a sheep crap.  It makes you a responsible human being that cares about other people.  Surgeons and nurses wear masks every day, does that make them sheep?

I'm wearing a mask.  My wife is in chemo, so I have to do what I have to do in order to keep her safe.

You know why I think masks are BS? 

I'm on vacation right now and every single restaurant we've been to requires a mask unless you’re seated at a table. How is that supposed to help anything? 

Posted (edited)

I was explaining this to someone the other day....I can't really blame the right for thinking masks are BS, that's all they hear from Fox News.  You are going to believe what you are being fed.  Just like the left-leaning news orgs are going to spin things the way they want.

Want a nice non-biased news source?  Try Reuters or AP News. They don't run their crap through a bias filter like Fox (right) or CNN (left).. News does not need to be entertainment or have a slant...it should just be news.

PS: Masks are not BS.

Media-Bias-Chart-5.1-Licensed-1-pdf.thumb.jpg.1f69b63f9f9c1b4c0d7790ec74281e14.jpg

Edited by Anthony

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

You know why I think masks are BS? 

I'm on vacation right now and every single restaurant we've been to requires a mask unless you’re seated at a table. How is that supposed to help anything? 

Because once seated you should not be close enough to the other patrons.  

58 minutes ago, akirby said:

Because once seated you should not be close enough to the other patrons.  

But I was told by those in charge the virus will get me if I even set foot outside of my house! 

Give me a break, I'm not buying it. 

If you’re right then it’s just a minor inconvenience.

If you’re wrong you could be spreading it to others who end up hospitalized or dead.

Is it really worth the risk?

Signs are pointing to the virus mutating so its easier to catch, hence part of the reason case numbers are going up. Typically viruses that are easier to catch are less harmful.

So no, I'm not worried. 

Posted (edited)

This will not go over well with some here -

Was picking up something I needed the other day at local Target.  Came up on the large display of masks, the style that Joe Biden is making "fashionable' with his 'Black Bart mask and aviator sunglasses style' on the rare occasion that he leaves the basement - well, I picked the product off the rack and in true genuine patriotic action looked closely at the label:   MADE IN CHINA. Of course Joe, who claims he is 'tough on China; wants everyone to get one of these by government mandate.

Common sense 101:  When your poison and antidote come from the same place (in this case; China),  you are surly getting take for a ride!

The simple bottom line is, unless you are wearing a genuine US made (not a  Chinese knockoff) 3M N95 mask (which is actually a highly engineered PPE device), you are wearing a wearing a filthy bacteria trap posing as a virtuous gesture signal towards those living in fear.  If you choose to wear a mask, fine.  Others can make their own choice.

Same concept as vaccinations:  If you or your kid is vaccinated, and you are sure that the vaccination works, then why should you care if someone else is not?  If you are wearing your made in China mask, and the mask is working, then why should you care is someone else is not? 

Edited by Kev-Mo

On 7/5/2020 at 4:57 AM, Joe771476 said:

A) he said if he's elected, he'd make everybody wear a mask (like a sheep) !  B) his running mate will be a minority woman, qualifications are secondary!  I see a Trump landslide!

Anyone else listen to the entire July 3rd Mt Rushmore speech from POTUS?  Near the end, the the president verbally cited the "F-150 and its toughness" as one of the examples of products that the USA should aspire to again manufacture. The F-150 by name, was cited right after the '"Saturn V Rocket".  That is some pretty awesome company to be compared to!

Not sure how Ford pulled off that product placement, but the South Dakota red audience loved hearing 'F-150' and cheered loudly!  I can only speculate that Trump, while often coming off as a jerk, is a pretty loyal guy, and he might have been returning a shout-out to Ford for stepping up and helping manufacture devices during the start of the Chinese WuFlu outbreak - just a guess.

1 hour ago, Kev-Mo said:

Same concept as vaccinations:  If you or your kid is vaccinated, and you are sure that the vaccination works, then why should you care if someone else is not?  If you are wearing your made in China mask, and the mask is working, then why should you care 

Because some people can’t be vaccinated and your un vaccinated kid poses a risk.  Besides, children should be protected from the stupidity of their parents when it puts the child’s life in danger.

And you don’t get full protection unless both people are wearing masks.  

There is no health risk for healthy folks so refusing to wear one is really just saying F* everybody else (including your own family and friends) because you don’t want to inconvenience yourself.

Posted (edited)

Uh oh, Fox News is now reporting that mask-wearing is effective in reducing the risk in both healthy and sick.  https://www.foxnews.com/health/wearing-mask-cuts-own-risk-novel-coronavirus-65-percent-experts-say

Edit:  AND blaming his Tulsa rally for the jump in infections?!?!  https://www.foxnews.com/us/health-official-trump-rally-likely-source-virus-surge

Man, they must be cutting ties early with Trump.

Another good reason to avoid news sites like this. Flip-flopping instead of factual reporting. Weren't they promoting masks as a hoax not too long ago? 

Edited by Anthony

Where is Walter Cronkite when you need him?   I don't know which is worse - mainstream media or social media. 

2 hours ago, Anthony said:

Uh oh, Fox News is now reporting that mask-wearing is effective in reducing the risk in both healthy and sick.  https://www.foxnews.com/health/wearing-mask-cuts-own-risk-novel-coronavirus-65-percent-experts-say

Edit:  AND blaming his Tulsa rally for the jump in infections?!?!  https://www.foxnews.com/us/health-official-trump-rally-likely-source-virus-surge

Man, they must be cutting ties early with Trump.

Another good reason to avoid news sites like this. Flip-flopping instead of factual reporting. Weren't they promoting masks as a hoax not too long ago? 

The article is referring to 'standard surgical masks' when most people are wearing a piece of cloth that grandma made from an old tee shirt or sun dress with pony tail ties, or one of these made in China masks from the rack at Target.

Nobody would ever argue that real 'medical grade' equipment is not effective, but that is not what I see out there. 

Typical warning printed on the label right near where it says: Made in China:

Mare not designed or intended to prevent, mitigate, treat, diagnose or cure any disease or health condition, including COVID-19/Coronavirus.  Masks are intended for general public use only.  They are non-sterile and are not intended for use in any clinical or surgical setting or where exposure to bodily or hazardous fluids may be expected, where the risk of exposure through inhalation is high, or near intense heat or flammable gas. Masks are not surgical masks, personal protective equipment, or filtering respirators (such as N95 masks).

27 minutes ago, Kev-Mo said:

The article is referring to 'standard surgical masks' when most people are wearing a piece of cloth that grandma made from an old tee shirt or sun dress with pony tail ties, or one of these made in China masks from the rack at Target.

Nobody would ever argue that real 'medical grade' equipment is not effective, but that is not what I see out there. 

Typical warning printed on the label right near where it says: Made in China:

Mare not designed or intended to prevent, mitigate, treat, diagnose or cure any disease or health condition, including COVID-19/Coronavirus.  Masks are intended for general public use only.  They are non-sterile and are not intended for use in any clinical or surgical setting or where exposure to bodily or hazardous fluids may be expected, where the risk of exposure through inhalation is high, or near intense heat or flammable gas. Masks are not surgical masks, personal protective equipment, or filtering respirators (such as N95 masks).

They do help especially when both parties are wearing them 6 ft apart.

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/417906/still-confused-about-masks-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

On 7/5/2020 at 6:57 AM, Joe771476 said:

It's really a discussion of rights.

Yes, you have the right to do what you want. But everyone/society has a right to be healthy and be protected against preventable diseases.

So which one is more important than the other?

1 hour ago, LookingToBuyAFord said:

It's really a discussion of rights.

Yes, you have the right to do what you want. But everyone/society has a right to be healthy and be protected against preventable diseases.

So which one is more important than the other?

Another analogy:  your right to swing your arm freely ends at my face.