Production Spec 2008 Ford Focus Coupe!

wescoent

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good especially the coupe. I prefer HB but this will boost sales until the C2 comes online.

For the Sedan shot, colour-keyed mirrors and door handles please because the cheap black looks out of place there.

I remember a earlier thread about the interior and that got my attention. Together, we have a winner here IMHO.

Now, up the juice on the powerplants (turbo?) and get a diesel.

I saw the gallery after the jump and the front lights look like the possible new ones on the Five Hundred. Add the Fusion grill now from the front you have S, M and L sizes from Ford?

Edited by Hugh

On the serious side, I'm pleased how well the new side detailing looks, and I'm curious how the revised "Fusion face" shows up.

On the sarcastic side:

This should've been the C1 Focus, Ford never gets anything right. It's about time. They've neglected this car for far too long. It's a piece of crap because it's not C1, the coupe is ugly and won't sell and why can't they slap a turbocharger on that 4 cylinder. You know what I miss? SVT. Ford screwed SVT, and that's all I have to say about that. :rant::rant::rant:

But seriously, this looks quite interesting. They've departed from the slabsides, and while the C pillar on the coupe is rather 'meh', the overall package should do nice vs. the tC

On the serious side, I'm pleased how well the new side detailing looks, and I'm curious how the revised "Fusion face" shows up.

On the sarcastic side:

This should've been the C1 Focus, Ford never gets anything right. It's about time. They've neglected this car for far too long. It's a piece of crap because it's not C1, the coupe is ugly and won't sell and why can't they slap a turbocharger on that 4 cylinder. You know what I miss? SVT. Ford screwed SVT, and that's all I have to say about that. :rant::rant::rant:

But seriously, this looks quite interesting. They've departed from the slabsides, and while the C pillar on the coupe is rather 'meh', the overall package should do nice vs. the tC

I was going in that direction on my post but you got there first. Better you then me. The sarcastic part of course.

I was one of those types who wanted the C1 but I got over it a long time ago.

Dare to dream...

Yeah, that's what I saw. I posted comments about my Focus coupe sighting over on Focaljet.com a month or two ago. I'm glas someone FINALLY bagged a shot of one.

I remember that. Did the new radio unit look like the one in the spy pic of the Escape interior?

Are we sure this is Focus coupe, and not Fusion Coupe ?

I'm betting a Focus here. It looks too short to be a Fusion.

Check out

leftlanenews.com

for several more pictures.

I for one am wondering if the passenger rear is going to have headrests. For whatever reason Ford cheapens up several vehicles and leaves them off. I remeber getting into a f250 and thinking i would not only break my neck if slammed from behind-I would bleed to death as well when my head hits the rear window.

please note the bulge on the front of the coupe hood, and note how the Coupe grille sort of resembles the Mazdaspeed3 and Mazdaspeed6 and CX7 grilles, in its sort of inductive shape ;).

make your own conclusions :D

one Focus board (Focusfanatics) is already up in arms about that possibility.

Cheers,

Igor

Edited by igor

please note the bulge on the front of the coupe hood, and note how the Coupe grille sort of resembles the Mazdaspeed3 and Mazdaspeed6 and CX7 grilles, in its sort of inductive shape ;).

make your own conclusions :D

one Focus board (Focusfanatics) is already up in arms about that possibility.

Cheers,

Igor

That sounds cool. You never know... :happy feet:

The doors on the sedan have a crease on the upper portion so it seems that not only the front and rear will receive a facelift but the Focus wil bow with new doors as well. Good move IMHO.

the complete sheetmetal and glass is different. the roof as well- the antenna moved from the front to the rear.

there is nothing carryover as in the 2005 nosejob

Igor

:(

please note the doors, while they have different sheetmetal ,are still the same doors as in 2000 - they dod not change that, and I am affraid the C-pillar will not change much either - that very piece makes the car look old ... I am dissapointed inthat detail.

The coupe even has that silly little crease running from the top of the door frame.

Igor

please note the doors, while they have different sheetmetal ,are still the same doors as in 2000 - they dod not change that, and I am affraid the C-pillar will not change much either - that very piece makes the car look old ... I am dissapointed inthat detail.

The coupe even has that silly little crease running from the top of the door frame.

Igor

Yep. This looks like a routine reskin job to me. The coupe will obviously be a change style-wise from the current 3-door, but other than that.... :boring:

I wonder if the drivetrain will hold any surprises? Is Ford doing anything interesting in the realm of hot 4 cylinders these days? Any turbos or at least CVVT activity?

Hopefully the interior appointments will be stepped up a notch or two also.

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

Yep. This looks like a routine reskin job to me. The coupe will obviously be a change style-wise from the current 3-door, but other than that.... :boring:

I wonder if the drivetrain will hold any surprises? Is Ford doing anything interesting in the realm of hot 4 cylinders these days? Any turbos or at least CVVT activity?

Hopefully the interior appointments will be stepped up a notch or two also.

-Ovaltine

I must have missed the awesome sexiting design on the Spectra then ..

If you notice -besides Mazda3 - no compact in US is exciting - it is blancountry from Focus throunnngh Spectra and civic to Corolla - Cobalt, Caliber and everyone else included. (and even Mazda3 can be considerred bland)

About engines - unclear - there has been no info that has reached my ear - except for the specualtion that those muyles had the Mazda TMIC Turbo air induction system (hidden hood scoops)

Igor

Edited by igor

This should be plenty sufficient 'till C2 arrives. The back cutline of the door on the coupe is a little weird, but the camo accentuates it. Mostly, it won't be noticed. The face will be quite different, and since most of the sheetmetal is changing, it should match the rest of the body (as opposed to the '05 update). Interior appointments will be much better, and if you'll note, the coupe has chrome door pulls.

The Kool Aid overfloweth around here. lol This thing is barely any different then Focus that already isn't selling.

No it doesn't look like a Mazda 3 in the coupe version. It still looks like the same old Focus. You guys are off in la la land or something. Ford should have "focused" on the hatchback version instead of this crap. Hatch's are getting popular now. But of course that means Ford will ignore it. lol It's going to be as big a failure as the current Focus because you can barely tell any difference between the two.

Edited by Sixcav

The Kool Aid overfloweth around here. lol This thing is barely any different then Focus that already isn't selling.

No it doesn't look like a Mazda 3 in the coupe version. It still looks like the same old Focus. You guys are off in la la land or something. Ford should have "focused" on the hatchback version instead of this crap. Hatch's are getting popular now. But of course that means Ford will ignore it. lol It's going to be as big a failure as the current Focus because you can barely tell any difference between the two.

Apparently, you're one of those getting your Kool-Aid from Jonestown.

I see potential in the coupe...but as they're just test mules, investing too much positively OR negatively is pretty silly....

I really like the "reverse cut" detail on the doors - I assume it will be a front fender accent like the S-Max. I'm expecting carryover powertrains, 2.0L & 2.3L. Possiblities: a H.O. 2.0 (from the Miata - 170hp), "full spec" 160hp 2.3, and (if rumours are true) a 2.5L to replace the 2.3L.

Details look nice, I'll be interested to see the "shoulder line" transition at the C-Pillar trunk line. As a note, I really like the HUGE rear side windows on the coupe. That'll help rear seat passengers not feel claustrophobic unlike many other coupes and reduce blind spots.

Interesting rear taillamps...trapezoids with silver surrounds & red insets. All-in-all I'll give it a tentative thumbs-up.

Scott

Edited to add: Igor, sorry, but I bet that "hood bulge" is nothing but padding. It's identical on both the sedan & coupe and carries over, quite squarely, to the side of hood.

Edited again, cause I'm a moron.

Edited by waymondospiff