2008 Super Duty Pics

range

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welll shoot. This is about the closest to a big rig as anyone's going to get without having to get a CDL first.

over a 3 ton payload on the F450?

12 ton tow rating?

Holy Crap.

Game over indeed.

Like the IP treatment. Much easier to read than the Navi, yet stylish.

----

A truck like this, which just blows the competition out of the water, should give pause to those that want to write off Ford Motor.

If you're real quiet, you can hear the alka-seltzer at Toyota City. This makes the Tundra look like a childs toy.

Edited by RichardJensen

Christ that thing is an over-achiever! There is absolutely nothing to compare it to. It still looks ghastly, but somehow it makes sense now.

I wish they'd drop the 'snout' on the grille, maybe go back to the hexagon that they used to have on their class 6-8s and figure out something else to do with the parking lights.

But lowering the bumper and headlights--that was going to happen eventually.

---

Man alive.

Did GM introduce a new pickup this year?

A truck like this, which just blows the competition out of the water, should give pause to those that want to write off Ford Motor.

With the exception of the Lincoln trucks, nobody really questions Ford's ability to do a great truck...

... now, if only they can put half as much effort into their cars...

But I have to say, there are a lot of innovative ideas incorporated into this truck. Features like the stacked headlamps and the built-in step in the tailgate are among those that make so much sense, I can't help but think "It's about bloody time!"

Edited by calypsocoral

as much effort into their cars...

But I have to say, there are a lot of innovative ideas incorporated into this truck. Features like the stacked headlamps and the built-in step in the tailgate are among those that make so much sense, I can't help but think "It's about bloody time!"

I think it's also pretty obvious how many of thse features will hit the F150...

:doh:

I forgot this unbelievably biased this forum is......................

Well it is a Ford Forum ya know...

The Silverado and Sierra aren't anything to write home about either when it comes down to it...

The Super Duty may or may not be ugly, but it does look the part of a heavy duty looking truck, where as the GM Heavy Duty styling is antiseptic and even a tad boring looking in comparison

Well it is a Ford Forum ya know...

So that should automatically mean any sort of logic should be thrown out the window in favor of drool over anything with the blue oval on the front.

The Silverado and Sierra aren't anything to write home about either when it comes down to it...

The Super Duty may or may not be ugly, but it does look the part of a heavy duty looking truck, where as the GM Heavy Duty styling is antiseptic and even a tad boring looking in comparison

Well you can compare the aztek to the highlander and come up with the same conclusion.........

WKA2006092740523_pv.jpg

WKA2006092767045_pv.jpg

Disproportional everything will make a vehicle interesting and Hideous. It would do better to have it look as you put it a "tad boring"

Edited by DCK

So that should automatically mean any sort of logic should be thrown out the window in favor of drool over anything with the blue oval on the front.

Well you can compare the aztek to the highlander and come up with the same conclusion.........

WKA2006092740523_pv.jpg

WKA2006092767045_pv.jpg

Disproportional everything will make a vehicle interesting and Hideous. It would do better to have it look as you put it a "tad boring"

you just compared a LD Silverado to an HD F-series ..

good job ..

and as I said on GM forums - if GM wants to fight Toyota in the Beuty contest, they can go right ahead .. I am happy with Ford producing HD trucks that blow away the competition - who the hell want's a truck that looks like a sissy.. oh yeah DCK does ..

Igor

Edited by igor

you just compared a LD Sierra to an HD F-series ..

good job ..

and as I said on GM forums - if GM wants to fight Toyota in the Beuty contest, they can go right ahead .. I am happy with Ford producing HD trucks that blow away the competition - who the hell want's a truck that looks like a sissy.. oh yeah DCK does ..

Igor

Funny.

I have no doubt the ford truck will be an excellent vehicle, I just don't get why it has to be the new aztek in the looks department.

Just because something is designed well doesn't make it "sissy" you only proved to show how incredibly ignorant you with that comment.

You can have a great bold ruggeddesign that looks fantstic, this is nothingbut a design mess. It has absolutely no styling cues and no focus, its like the designers where blind folded and told to draw 100 vertical and horizontal lines. Terrible at its finest.

WKA2006092740523_pv.jpg

WKA2006092767045_pv.jpg

Speaking of disproportionate, what's with the front bumper on the Chevy? Those huge chrome ends make the grille on the new Super Duty look tame. Looks a little better on the Sierra, but eek!! And I never have and never will like the squared wheel arches on the GM trucks.

Edited by NickF1011