Favorite current Ford

This is a great topic, largely because I'm surprised at how hard it is to select my favorite. I would have selected the Lincoln LS but it's not current anymore. The MKX would probably be my next pick...but in black.

mkx21zc.jpg

Typically I don't like badge jobs, but in this case it's almost as if the Edge is a toned down version of the MKX. Either way I like them all around. The MKX must have the most gorgeous chrome rims in the business. I'm not talking about the standard rims, but the optional 18" rims. I might like the MkZ if it came with a decent set of wheels like the LS once did. I'm disappointed the MKZ didn't get a set of flangeless blingers with the 2007 update.

It's nice to see some sleek and sexy Ford designs again. Since 2000 eveything they've pumped out have been very basic and conventional with no room for design. It's been very hard to be enthusiastic about Ford products until the Edge/MKX came along. For once a Ford design is cutting edge!

Edited by Edgey

The MKX is a Lincoln, not a Ford. Get with the program, and just agree with my pick. :D

Well, if it came down to Ford brand it would be the Edge. As for the Taurus, I think I understand the fan following...but I'd take a Fusion or 500 thank you ;). I would love to see the Taurus continue if only because I always liked the 1996 design and it's gratifying to see it continue WAY beyond its intended lifespan. But of course, Ford is notorious for keeping things around way past their shelf-life.

I'm hard to please, so, one per division:

FofNA: F-150 SuperCrew Lariat

FofE: S-Max

FofA: Falcon XR6 Turbo

Mercury: ummm...

Lincoln: ummm...

Volvo: C70 Hardtop Convertible

Jaguar: XKR Convertible

Land Rover: LR2 or Range Rover Sport

Mazda: Everything except B-Series & Tribute

I'm too easy perhaps...too many favorites.

Scott

I thought about the Mustang, but the retro muscle-car thing doesn't really appeal to me. I love RWD, but in a more well rounded package. The Mustang is too single-minded, still no IRS? And the interior is awful! I will probably like it much better after the next renovation, which will hopefully include an IRS. I would actually like to see a Mercurized or Lincolnfied version which takes advantage of the power but tweaks it for better daily comfort.

FoNA: Mustang Shelby GT. Actually, any Stang for that matter. I won't say no to a free V6 w/pony pack.

FoE: Focus ST. The Fiesta ST is pretty cool as well.

FoA: Falcon XR6 Turbo. Very Sharp!

Mercury: I only get the Grand Marquis here. No 'De Sade' version, no sale.

Lincoln: I sat in a Zepher and it was very nice so I have to say MKZ.

AM: V8 Vantage.

LR: LR3.

Volvo: S80 w/V8.

Jaguar: Super V8. Very Posh.

Mazda: Mazdaspeed 3. :happy feet: That's the one I want.