I noticed today that the Ford trademark Blue Oval is missing from the masthead. Just a streamlining, or perhaps a trademark infringement issue?

I haven’t noticed a change, so not sure.  I doubt there is any trademark issue as Robert is on good terms with Ford.

Since the last site re-design, the Blue Oval hasn't been up there...

Perhaps a revised header including the Blue Oval that didn't take up as much vertical real estate would help and be more consistent. 

I was just coming to look and see if anyone had noticed this.

The last several days I've had no Ford logo banner at the top.

On 3/23/2021 at 9:40 AM, Chrisgb said:

I noticed today that the Ford trademark Blue Oval is missing from the masthead. Just a streamlining, or perhaps a trademark infringement issue?

Yes, we are having issues with Ford.  They wish this and other sites to be closed down - not to worry because we're not going anywhere.

More updates on this as we progress.......

I stand corrected..... 🤭

19 hours ago, robertlane said:

Yes, we are having issues with Ford.  They wish this and other sites to be closed down - not to worry because we're not going anywhere.

More updates on this as we progress.......

I know that I, and probably the other moderators, would be interested in any information that you can disclose as to the nature of Ford's attempted action, objections, etc. BOF provides support to Ford customers and enthusiasts that isn't available elsewhere and some of the support is provided by Ford employees.  

9 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I know that I, and probably the other moderators, would be interested in any information that you can disclose as to the nature of Ford's attempted action, objections, etc. BOF provides support to Ford customers and enthusiasts that isn't available elsewhere and some of the support is provided by Ford employees.  

Parts of Ford seem separated from other parts of Ford.  BOF doesn't pose a trademark issue for Ford, so it will all work out over the next few weeks.  Nothing to worry about here ;)