Ford Retail Price Increases

9 hours ago, MFord said:

Thank you for the info @ice-capades. Very well put and knowledgeable. My truck should be here in April time frame with a scheduled build in a few weeks.

Is there any literature or announcements that we can bring to our dealers to show them who are not familiar with price protection?

I ordered my truck in Sept and even put a deposit down. Also signed on the build sheet for X plan. When I spoke to the sales rep in December before that price increase he said they have to increase the price with Ford. So essentially my truck has gone up to 2,295 if I’m not mistaken or that ball park since I ordered. Trying to go in there with knowledge of the price protection and instruction if they try to get me to pay. 

There are already copies of the price increase announcements to Dealers in this thread. I'm not going to post copies of future Ford announcements because Ford's going to start making a lot of noise if Dealers start reporting that customers are walking into dealerships with the documentation. 

There is a form that the Dealer fills out regarding X Plan and the price protection that they'll have you sign at delivery. In many cases, Ford sends a check to the customer for the price protection adjustment. 

You should address this issue to the sales manager directly. Very few sales representatives have knowledge or experience with X Plan and/or price protection matters or procedures and aren't authorized to provide answers.   

Edited by ice-capades

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

There are already copies of the price increase announcements to Dealers in this thread. I'm not going to post actual copies of future Ford announcements because Ford's going to start making a lot of noise if Dealers start reporting that customers are walking into dealerships with the documentation. 

There is a form that the Dealer fills out regarding X Plan and the price protection that they'll have you sign at delivery. In many cases, Ford sends a check to the customer for the price protection adjustment. 

You should address this issue to the sales manager directly. Very few sales representatives have knowledge or experience with X Plan and/or price protection matters or procedures and aren't authorized to provide answers.   

thank you! I will go in there with this information and hope it goes smooth. I wonder if Ford Corporate would help me even after I sign the paperwork if they still refuse to honor the price protection. Good to know it will also assist and apply to X-Plan as I don’t even know what my original X Plan price would be considering they never showed me. I think specifically for this reason of the price going up they didn’t want to lock me into the price at the time of order. 

On 2/15/2022 at 10:47 PM, ice-capades said:

There are already copies of the price increase announcements to Dealers in this thread. I'm not going to post copies of future Ford announcements because Ford's going to start making a lot of noise if Dealers start reporting that customers are walking into dealerships with the documentation. 

I have a copy of "C&I/Pricing Announcement: EFC09823 Mid-Year Pricing Effective February 15, 2022."

There is no mention of 'X Plan', just, "2022 model units invoiced prior to February 15, 2022 will not be re-invoiced.  Automatic price protection will be provided on:
• Firm 2022-model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before February 14, 2022, and received by Ford Motor Company on or before February 18, 2022."

I'm probably misreading your post, but it sounds like the X Plan might be required for the price protection ("There is a form that the Dealer fills out regarding X Plan and the price protection that they'll have you sign at delivery.").  I hope I'm wrong about that.

Also, you wrote, "In many cases, Ford sends a check to the customer for the price protection adjustment."  That's the first I've heard of that.  My impression was that Ford dealt directly with the dealership.  Needless to say, the bottom line is the same either way, just curious.

21 hours ago, MFord said:

thank you! I will go in there with this information and hope it goes smooth. I wonder if Ford Corporate would help me even after I sign the paperwork if they still refuse to honor the price protection. Good to know it will also assist and apply to X-Plan as I don’t even know what my original X Plan price would be considering they never showed me. I think specifically for this reason of the price going up they didn’t want to lock me into the price at the time of order. 

I've been wondering the exact same thing.  So far I have not had any luck contacting anyone with any 'pull' at Ford.

As for not locking in the price at time of order, a cynical person might suspect that the salesperson is fully aware of automatic price protection, and is planning on forcing the buyer to pay any MSRP increases, and then pocket the rebate from Ford.  However, if Ford sends a check to the customer as ice-capades mentioned above, then that plan obviously wouldn't work.

Another, perhaps more serious, problem is the potential for extortion -- ADM added at delivery.  That could potentially be thousands of dollars on top of the price on the order summary.

It sounds like the majority of dealers do not do that, but it would be good to have a contact in Dearborn, just in case.

10 hours ago, sajohnson said:

I have a copy of "C&I/Pricing Announcement: EFC09823 Mid-Year Pricing Effective February 15, 2022."

There is no mention of 'X Plan', just, "2022 model units invoiced prior to February 15, 2022 will not be re-invoiced.  Automatic price protection will be provided on:
• Firm 2022-model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before February 14, 2022, and received by Ford Motor Company on or before February 18, 2022."

I'm probably misreading your post, but it sounds like the X Plan might be required for the price protection ("There is a form that the Dealer fills out regarding X Plan and the price protection that they'll have you sign at delivery.").  I hope I'm wrong about that.

Also, you wrote, "In many cases, Ford sends a check to the customer for the price protection adjustment."  That's the first I've heard of that.  My impression was that Ford dealt directly with the dealership.  Needless to say, the bottom line is the same either way, just curious.

Price protection has nothing to do with x plan - the invoice is price protected which includes plan prices.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Forderorder said:

It seems weird that Ford would do that.  Then the customer has to deal with paying sales tax on the original amount, and waiting for a check to come.

I was responding to what ice-capades posted above.  Prior to reading his comment I had only read that the "automatic price protection" was between the dealership and Ford.

On one hand, I do like the idea of Ford sending a check to the customer, because that eliminates any incentive unethical dealers might have to act as though the program does not exist, demand that the customer pay any MSRP increases, and then pocket the rebate from Ford.  Of course they still might not mention it, because there's nothing in it for them...

OTOH, you make a good point -- if Ford pays the customer, "Then the customer has to deal with paying sales tax on the original amount, and waiting for a check to come."  I don't mind waiting a reasonable amount of time for a check, or better yet, Ford could use direct deposit.  After all, we're not talking about thousands of dollars (hopefully!).  However, the tax issue might be a PITA -- trying to claw back sales tax from the state.  Not sure how that would work.  Again, not a ton of money, but there's no reason to pay more tax than necessary.

I have to admit, when we were told that any price increases from Ford would be our responsibility, I was not aware of Ford's price protection program.  I only learned about it afterward, from Zach at Granger (Iowa) Ford -- over on the Bronco Sport forum.

My truck was ordered 11/22/21. Should be arriving at dealer any day. Sticker reflects price increase of $1,325. I mentioned price protection to my sales rep earlier today while doing some of the paperwork before delivery and he said "Of course, no problem"

So happy there wasn't any of the hassle some folks are having to deal with.

14 minutes ago, CastIronMan1956 said:

My truck was ordered 11/22/21. Should be arriving at dealer any day. Sticker reflects price increase of $1,325. I mentioned price protection to my sales rep earlier today while doing some of the paperwork before delivery and he said "Of course, no problem"

So happy there wasn't any of the hassle some folks are having to deal with.

That's great news -- glad to hear it!

Personally, I'm doing my best to have a positive attitude, and I'm assuming everything will go OK, but our salesman did tell my wife and I several times that we would have to pay any MSRP increases.  Giving him the benefit of the doubt, he may not have been aware of the Ford Price Protection program.  He is now.

The other concern I have is 'surprise' last minute ADM, but that's off-topic for this thread. 

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 2:41 PM, yorid said:

ice-capades If I remove a item from my build will they be able to charge the $1295 since the order was changed?

I'm in the same boat sorta.  I added an option after the price increase and had to sign a new build sheet with the price increase including option added +2k more ?.  My dealer said they will work with me.  We will see.  Good luck 

---EDIT--- I reread the tread and found this.  Lesson learned 

Screenshot_20220219-064811_Chrome.jpg

Edited by iamabuckeye4life
Found more information I missed in thread

I jumped through the price protection hoops several weeks back as I didn't want it to be delivery day before I brought it up. Ice is right just take it to the sales manager, or in my case the general manager. I believe they were unaware of this policy (smaller dealership), if they were they really fooled me during the interaction.

They contacted a corporate employee from Ford, they confirmed my A plan pricing applied as well as the $2295 dollar increase in base MSRP would not apply to my order. From the email it appears that once the unit is sold to me, the dealer will be reimbursed within a month and a half from Ford. 

Both parties (myself and dealer) were happy with this. If it were not for the paperwork I received on here, this would not have been possible. Although no one has told me this from the dealer perspective, I would lay money that many customers who have been in a similar situation may have questioned this MSRP increase but were put into the hard situation of like it or lose it after waiting for 5 months. 

45 minutes ago, JT42 said:

I jumped through the price protection hoops several weeks back as I didn't want it to be delivery day before I brought it up. Ice is right just take it to the sales manager, or in my case the general manager. I believe they were unaware of this policy (smaller dealership), if they were they really fooled me during the interaction.

They contacted a corporate employee from Ford, they confirmed my A plan pricing applied as well as the $2295 dollar increase in base MSRP would not apply to my order. From the email it appears that once the unit is sold to me, the dealer will be reimbursed within a month and a half from Ford. 

Both parties (myself and dealer) were happy with this. If it were not for the paperwork I received on here, this would not have been possible. Although no one has told me this from the dealer perspective, I would lay money that many customers who have been in a similar situation may have questioned this MSRP increase but were put into the hard situation of like it or lose it after waiting for 5 months. 

Excellent post JT, very helpful, thank you!

One question.  You said:  "If it were not for the paperwork I received on here, this would not have been possible."

Which paperwork are you referring to?

Also, did you go to the GM because there was no sales manager, or because the sales manager couldn't help you?  Just curious.

I have no doubt that, as you said, "...many customers who have been in a similar situation may have questioned this MSRP increase but were put into the hard situation of like it or lose it after waiting for 5 months."  In our case, the salesman told my wife and I several times that we would be responsible for any MSRP increase(s).

In addition, I wonder if the dealer could demand that the customer pay any price increase and then file for price protection and keep the money?

My SuperDuty came in yesterday morning but had a few dings in the front bumper from transport. So, they are going to replace it and still waiting to hear back but it's not done yet. Anyways the reason for the post is about the price protection. I order my truck with X-plan pricing back in October and they are trying to charge me the additional $1,295 on the December price increase. I'm down in Houston dealing with Planet Ford which is a big dealership so I was 50/50 on whether I would have this issue. Well, typical BS but they are playing dumb and don't want to honor it. Sales Manager is blocking it buy my sales guy is fighting for me. I told him to talk to the main office staff about the price protection claim Ice-capades mentioned before. Unfortunately, my sales guy went on vacation today and doesn't want me going above the sales manager since he's out and it will cause him heat. He's trying to get me to wait until Friday when he will be back but I'm not down with that. The sales guy is a friend of my stepdad so I'm trying to keep cool about it and not lose my you know what.  

Any other suggestions on how to get them to honor the price protection @ice-capades ?

Also this forum has been a tremendous help and I want to thank all that contribute to it!

23 minutes ago, sajohnson said:

Excellent post JT, very helpful, thank you!

One question.  You said:  "If it were not for the paperwork I received on here, this would not have been possible."

Which paperwork are you referring to?

Also, did you go to the GM because there was no sales manager, or because the sales manager couldn't help you?  Just curious.

I have no doubt that, as you said, "...many customers who have been in a similar situation may have questioned this MSRP increase but were put into the hard situation of like it or lose it after waiting for 5 months."  In our case, the salesman told my wife and I several times that we would be responsible for any MSRP increase(s).

In addition, I wonder if the dealer could demand that the customer pay any price increase and then file for price protection and keep the money?

Page 1 of this thread has the paperwork posted, your dealer should be able to find this as it is sent to all Ford dealers from my understanding. Pay special attention to the Red Bold Font that states price protection (not being a smart ass) just want to make sure you catch it. 

The sales manager was out for the week was one reason, the second I just wanted to go to the top of the house to get an answer. The sales guy was "checking on it" for several weeks, but I am buying a 90K Vehicle and waiting 5 months so I expect a certain level of customer service.

I have no idea on if the dealer could demand the customer pay the money and still file the claim, i doubt it due to the paperwork involved, but I am no expert or insider.  

Hope this helps! 

@ice-capades So my dealer is telling me that im not price protected since there was  no invoice only an order confirmation. I called ford and the ford rep told me to go back to my dealer and talk to them (no help). Is there a specific person/ department I need to contact at Ford to get them to honor the price protection?

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2022 at 7:47 PM, ice-capades said:

Ive ordered 15 F250 pickups over the last few months for one company..all exactly the same spec..Base price batch 1 ordered11/15/21 $38990, 2nd batch ordered 2/11/2022 $40285...batch ordered today 2/23/2022 $41285.....customer is a tad perturbed , but realized theres nothing he can do about it...

53 minutes ago, jhaber said:

@ice-capades So my dealer is telling me that im not price protected since there was  no invoice only an order confirmation. I called ford and the ford rep told me to go back to my dealer and talk to them (no help). Is there a specific person/ department I need to contact at Ford to get them to honor the price protection?

the Dealer will need the original DORA to backup any price protection, because if they apply for it sometimes that is required for proof. Also....the original order HAS to be for the same person the vehicle was ordered for...there is no price protection for regular stock units...so if they showed you a stock incoming unit, that had a price increase before it arrived, youre out of luck. Also, I believe thenprice protection ONLY applies to differences to base price before options...if the cost of an option itself increases, you do not get that difference...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JT42 said:

Page 1 of this thread has the paperwork posted, your dealer should be able to find this as it is sent to all Ford dealers from my understanding. Pay special attention to the Red Bold Font that states price protection (not being a smart ass) just want to make sure you catch it. 

The sales manager was out for the week was one reason, the second I just wanted to go to the top of the house to get an answer. The sales guy was "checking on it" for several weeks, but I am buying a 90K Vehicle and waiting 5 months so I expect a certain level of customer service.

I have no idea on if the dealer could demand the customer pay the money and still file the claim, i doubt it due to the paperwork involved, but I am no expert or insider.  

Hope this helps! 

That helps a lot, thank you!

I saw the following in Red Bold Font:

"Automatic price protection will be provided on:
• Firm 2022-model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before December 7, 2021 and received by Ford Motor Company on or before December 11, 2021."

Is that what you were referring to?  That seems to be Ford's standard language -- very straight-forward.  Sounds like the entire order, including options, is covered.

Edited by sajohnson
Add price protection statement.

19 minutes ago, Deanh said:

Ive ordered 15 F250 pickups over the last few months for one company..all exactly the same spec..Base price batch 1 ordered11/15/21 $38990, 2nd batch ordered 2/11/2022 $40285...batch ordered today 2/23/2022 $41285.....customer is a tad perturbed , but realized theres nothing he can do about it...

To clarify, do you mean there's nothing they can do about the price increases after the first batch was ordered on 11/15?

23 minutes ago, Deanh said:

the Dealer will need the original DORA to backup any price protection, because if they apply for it sometimes that is required for proof. Also....the original order HAS to be for the same person the vehicle was ordered for...there is no price protection for regular stock units...so if they showed you a stock incoming unit, that had a price increase before it arrived, youre out of luck. Also, I believe thenprice protection ONLY applies to differences to base price before options...if the cost of an option itself increases, you do not get that difference...

I searched for "DORA" and it sounds like it is an 'order summary'/'buyer's order -- is that correct, or is it something else?

1 hour ago, jhaber said:

That's discouraging.

Anyone have similar trouble, or aware of it happening to someone else?

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

I ordered the truck  11/7, order confirmation email on 11/19.