GM Q2 Sales Numbers

rmc523

8 hours ago, CKNSLS said:

That lead will probably evaporate in the next 60 days.

I don’t think it will be that bad.  Chevy lots are bare as well and Ford has quite a stockpile ready to go.  It will be close though.

What is more interesting is what profit looks like with no incentives and price hikes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, akirby said:

I don’t think it will be that bad.  Chevy lots are bare as well and Ford has quite a stockpile ready to go.  It will be close though.

What is more interesting is what profit looks like with no incentives and price hikes.

Of course the transaction prices have increased for the first half of year due to limiting supply.  You better believe that Ford will add incentives on every last one of those F-series that have been waiting on chips to move them.  We may not have a full understanding of the impact until late 4th quarter.  

1 hour ago, 02MustangGT said:

Of course the transaction prices have increased for the first half of year due to limiting supply.  You better believe that Ford will add incentives on every last one of those F-series that have been waiting on chips to move them.  We may not have a full understanding of the impact until late 4th quarter.  

They’ll only add whatever incentives the market dictates.  Given the current unfulfilled demand I think it will be several months before we see “normal” incentives again.

Timing may explain some of it.  They had inventory when Ford ran short but now that Chevy is running short they’ll probably see much lower numbers next month while Ford starts to rebound.

Edited by akirby
  • Like 1