Order problem

Digz

7 hours ago, Digz said:

Has anyone received a truck and it's missing what you ordered? I ordered my 22 F450 with the CHMSL code 59H which is the high mounted stop lamp with lights on back of the cab. It's on my order sheet but not my truck ?

It depends on whether the "order sheet" matches the actual order that was scheduled and produced and whether the option is listed on the Window Sticker and Vehicle Invoice. It's unusual to receive a "misbuilt" vehicle but there's a claims process with Ford that the dealership needs to initiate immediately with documentation, photos, etc.  

I've heard a few stories where customers thought they ordered an option and the dealer "forgot" to list it in the build. Another one was a customer called to make a change to his order and the dealer mistakenly changed the wrong thing. I know i will be going over this truck with a fine tooth comb when it gets here.

When my truck got picked up for scheduling and I got a VIN, somehow the color changed from Antimatter Blue to black. To be fair, I originally ordered the truck in black but after getting to see AB in person I decided to change it, which was almost 2 weeks before it got scheduled. The change was submitted correctly because I got a copy of the order after the change, which also included changing from the platform running boards to the extended running boards. When scheduled the extended running boards was on the order but the color was wrong… anyway I noticed it immediately and was able to get my dealer to change the color back. But yeah, I’d go through all the details every chance you get to make sure it’s right. 

Too many customers with retail factory orders, especially Super Duty, are making changes both before and after their orders are scheduled. Unfortunately, not all Dealers are efficient or accurate in making changes that customers request and communicating with the customers affected. It makes it that much more important that customers have written confirmation of the changes requested along with confirmation that the changes were actually made correctly. Not doing so can lead to the vehicle being built with the wrong specifications and not discovered until after the vehicle is delivered to the dealership. The volume of changes being made to retail factory orders is causing a lot of problems making communication between Dealers and the customers initiating the changes critical in preventing errors.     

7 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Too many customers with retail factory orders, especially Super Duty, are making changes both before and after their orders are scheduled. Unfortunately, not all Dealers are efficient or accurate in making changes that customers request and communicating with the customers affected. It makes it that much more important that customers have written confirmation of the changes requested along with confirmation that the changes were actually made correctly. Not doing so can lead to the vehicle being built with the wrong specifications and not discovered until after the vehicle is delivered to the dealership. The volume of changes being made to retail factory orders is causing a lot of problems making communication between Dealers and the customers initiating the changes critical in preventing errors.     

Kind of understandable when you're waiting for 5+ months for your truck (plenty of time to make changes), and yet another reason Ford should allow customers to handle their actual orders on their own, simply using the dealer for delivery and service.   I bet that day is not too far in the future.

I admit, I am guilty of changing my order a few times, but I agree with the above comment... given the amount of time we sit on these orders before they even get picked up gives us a lot of time to rethink some of our decisions... and in my case, if there were vehicles around that I could have actually checked some of these features out before placing my order (tailgate step, extended running boards and especially color... I really wanted Antimatter Blue but was afraid it would look purple so went with black to begin with... but after seeing it in person I loved it, so I changed it), I wouldn't have had to change my order because I would have chose those things to begin with. I do understand though that it could potentially make scheduling more complicated, especially now that it seems like some items are more of an issue than others, but it is what it is. I feel like Ford should have put more effort into keeping us informed along the way... even now, it's still baffling at what's going on... somebody places an order one day and gets scheduled the next, while others with almost the same order that booked months ago still waits... Anywho, I realize this isn't an easy fix for either side, but it's where we are. And it does seem like somehow mistakes do sometimes happen on orders... had I not realized that they changed my color back to my original choice I would have ended up with the wrong color truck. Sure, in this case I would have been ok with black, but what if it would have went to something I really didn't want? It does seem like there are too many moving parts...

Edited by chadstickpoindexter

Yes, time creates opportunity to make changes. I added heavy duty springs to both of my builds and one of the trucks had another option dropped in the process. I pushed to confirm the changes on the springs, so they sent me the new build sheets. I noticed, because I was happily surprised with the new price, but realized something was missing. The item has just been inadvertently dropped when the order was changed. IMO if he dealer would have you sign the revised build sheet it would take some of the responsibility off them.

14 hours ago, ScottK1 said:

yet another reason Ford should allow customers to handle their actual orders on their own, simply using the dealer for delivery and service.   I bet that day is not too far in the future

I bet you don’t understand franchise laws……

• Like 1