LA Auto Show Surprise?

11 hours ago, pffan1990 said:

I remember the Ford GT reveal. I loved the gasps and applause from the crowd when the GT drove on stage. Now that you mention it, Lincoln has been doing their social media teases lately regarding their 100th anniversary of Ford ownership. They did say that they will reveal the electric concept later this year as part of that celebration. So perhaps Ford intends to do the same type of marketing with the Mustang starting April 17th. There is the Detroit show later this year where the S650 Mustang could be revealed to wrap up the online marketing teases. There are also the next generation American Ranger and the F-150 Raptor R that have yet to be revealed too. I guess we'll see what they have planned for us.

Yeah, ford's new head of design actually just gave an interview a few days ago where he said he wanted to do more concept cars. Not to mention, we know Ford loves referencing their history. Would be a massive mistake to just ignore doing anything special on April 17th. Not to mention ford has to know their diehard enthusiasts are begging for something new. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

Yeah, ford's new head of design actually just gave an interview a few days ago where he said he wanted to do more concept cars. Not to mention, we know Ford loves referencing their history. Would be a massive mistake to just ignore doing anything special on April 17th. Not to mention ford has to know their diehard enthusiasts are begging for something new. 

He said vehicles not cars.

1 hour ago, DeluxeStang said:

Interesting that Lincoln just announced few hours ago that it has an electric vehicle concept to be revealed on the 20th. I guess it makes sense to do that as a standalone reveal after the New York Auto Show to avoid getting buried with all the other reveal articles. This is the first I heard about new head of design, Anthony Lo. He wants to do more concept vehicles and said this in the article I linked:

“We’re going to have a lot of opportunity to take our nameplates and try to reinvent them,” Lo said. “The nameplates are our equity – very, very precious and valuable, but I think some change is necessary. We’re going to do our best to preserve what makes them special and mix that up with the best digital and physical experiences."

https://fordauthority.com/2022/04/ford-design-chief-wants-to-roll-out-more-concept-cars-going-forward/

On a related note and back to the Mustang, the 'Ford Mustang' Facebook page has changed its profile photo to the 'Global Mustang Day' '04-17' logo. So clearly, Ford has something planned for the S650 Mustang marketing soon. :)

Global Mustang Day 4-17.jpg

On 11/7/2021 at 8:26 PM, rmc523 said:

Do we even have any indication they're far enough along on BEV Explorer/Aviator to show them yet?

Explorer/Aviator we’re originally slated for 2023 and we’re gonna be produced in Mexico until Ford changed their plans. The vehicles should be far into development by now. They were first announced in 2019 as two Ford Edge/Nautikus sized BEVs. Now as we all know they’re delayed til late 2024 so maybe they’ve made some changes.

6 hours ago, pffan1990 said:

Interesting that Lincoln just announced few hours ago that it has an electric vehicle concept to be revealed on the 20th. I guess it makes sense to do that as a standalone reveal after the New York Auto Show to avoid getting buried with all the other reveal articles. This is the first I heard about new head of design, Anthony Lo. He wants to do more concept vehicles and said this in the article I linked:

“We’re going to have a lot of opportunity to take our nameplates and try to reinvent them,” Lo said. “The nameplates are our equity – very, very precious and valuable, but I think some change is necessary. We’re going to do our best to preserve what makes them special and mix that up with the best digital and physical experiences."

https://fordauthority.com/2022/04/ford-design-chief-wants-to-roll-out-more-concept-cars-going-forward/

On a related note and back to the Mustang, the 'Ford Mustang' Facebook page has changed its profile photo to the 'Global Mustang Day' '04-17' logo. So clearly, Ford has something planned for the S650 Mustang marketing soon. :)

It also makes sense to debut the S650 in NY since the original Mustang debuted at the New York Worlds Fair in '64. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ausrutherford said:

It also makes sense to debut the S650 in NY since the original Mustang debuted at the New York Worlds Fair in '64. 

On 11/5/2021 at 8:09 PM, pffan1990 said:

I think it would be better that the S650 Mustang would be revealed at the New York Auto Show next April. The S550 Mustang was revealed in April 2015 as part of the 50th anniversary as well as the original '64 1/2' Mustang was revealed at World Fair in April 17 of 1964. If Ford does plan on revealing the S650 Mustang in April, then they may do a quick teaser video at the end of their LA Show presentation to drum up interests for it. Ford has done a great job keeping the S650 Mustang project under wraps so the teaser would certainly get people excited and talking about it before the actual reveal, preferably in NY.
---

Yeah exactly. That's what I said on the previous page while users were speculating at the time what could be revealed at the LA Auto Show. This week's New York Auto Show press days are on the 13th and 14th. The public viewing days are from the 15th to 24th. There may be a chance that Ford may do some kind of Mustang celebration on Sunday the 17th. Whether it's an actual reveal or some marketing tease, we'll see.

8 hours ago, pffan1990 said:

Is that an official ford account? If so, I agree there could be some cool teasers around the corner. That said, I could also see ford just being like, happy mustang day and posting a gt500 pic or something. 

19 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

Is that an official ford account? If so, I agree there could be some cool teasers around the corner. That said, I could also see ford just being like, happy mustang day and posting a gt500 pic or something. 

Yep, it's their official account. See that blue official account checkmark next to the 'Ford Mustang'? That logo I posted is on the top left as 'profile picture'. Also, I didn't notice this post from earlier until just now. Looks like Ford has begun the kickoff of the Mustang Week. Makes me wonder what they have planned with the 'leading up to Sunday...'

Ford Mustang - Mustang Week.jpg