2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

4 hours ago, Mbrooks44 said:

Damn. Not what I want to hear. Been waiting since June for a 450. 

I also have a F-450 on order from August. Stopped in to chat with my Sales Manager couple of days ago. He met with his Ford Regional Manager, who speculated that my F-450 should get serialised in January. Would be nice if a bunch of the F-450's get scheduled next month

11 minutes ago, Mbrooks44 said:

I hope. Been waiting since June. My dealer has 9 450s waiting to be built. 

Wow - 9 F-450's on order. I'm fortunate, as I am my dealer's only outstanding F-450 order. They have a number of F-350's on order. My dealer probably only sells 2 or 3 F-450's per year.

Have the storms affected the Super Duty Plant?

Read that Louisville was spared the worst of the storms directly, but there are widespread outages throughout the area. 

Thoughts and prayers go to all who lost loved ones, homes, or employment. 

Just a reminder of how much we all have to be thankful for, despite the long lead time for our trucks. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Late Apex 61 said:

Has a fund been established for Ford employees affected by the storms that we can contribute to?

Ford hasn't posted anything yet at the FMCDealer.com portal site for employees and dealers. Ford's always been very supportive when there's a major event, so I'd expect to see some sort of announcement soon. 

Well another day of the Great Unknown, dba Ford Motor Company.  My truck was due to be built yesterday 12 Dec.  Cyberman checked this morning and I got this “It was scheduled to start production yesterday, but no indication to me if it actually started or not.  No new updates since.”  So I guess I am still in same situation as I have been for last 4 1/2 months, WAITING.  

Ford builds you up them slam dunks you.  Kind of like the insurance guy with fishing pole.  “You almost had had it, you got to be quicker next time”.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 11:12 PM, bbqtruck said:

I got my window sticker this morning from my dealer.  I feel so much better now that the sticker is available.  It has only been 8 months.  I did notice the base price increase between my build sheet and the sticker.  I think the price on my build sheet is the price my dealer is going on.

image.thumb.png.16fc0596fc529d3861c5601b3bbdb5a4.png

If the window sticker becomes available does that mean it got built? We haven't had an update in awhile and the tracker it down. We did get the sticker though.

14 minutes ago, stephb0020 said:

If the window sticker becomes available does that mean it got built? We haven't had an update in awhile and the tracker it down. We did get the sticker though.

No.  The sticker is normally created the day after your order/build is sent to the plant.  Normally your truck will be built about a week later.  But some seem to vanish into a black hole. 

24 minutes ago, Jim58 said:

Well another day of the Great Unknown, dba Ford Motor Company.  My truck was due to be built yesterday 12 Dec.  Cyberman checked this morning and I got this “It was scheduled to start production yesterday, but no indication to me if it actually started or not.  No new updates since.”  So I guess I am still in same situation as I have been for last 4 1/2 months, WAITING.  

Ford builds you up them slam dunks you.  Kind of like the insurance guy with fishing pole.  “You almost had had it, you got to be quicker next time”.

Same boat here, any idea how long the plant shuts down for the holidays?

36 minutes ago, TinManVT said:

So if the plant shuts down, might that make a bunch of "chips" available??

And if they do get available will they put them in while the line is shutdown?

Or am I overly optimistic in my wishful thinking?

No, This shutdown happens every year and is planned for. Parts allocations don't change. If there's a late shipment that's holding up some trucks then that may arrive, but that doesn't have anything to do with the shutdown. Welcome to Just In Time Manufacturing.

No trucks are built or shipped during the shutdown. The employees all have holiday time.

Edited by mattdm

24 minutes ago, mattdm said:

No, This shutdown happens every year and is planned for. Parts allocations don't change. If there's a late shipment that's holding up some trucks then that may arrive, but that doesn't have anything to do with the shutdown. Welcome to Just In Time Manufacturing.

No trucks are built or shipped during the shutdown. The employees all have holiday time.

No Santa Specials for all of us that have been good?

1 hour ago, TinManVT said:

So if the plant shuts down, might that make a bunch of "chips" available??

And if they do get available will they put them in while the line is shutdown?

Or am I overly optimistic in my wishful thinking?

How long is the semi-conductor going to shut down for , some fabs used to shut down for the 2 week period from Christmas to New Years. 

On 12/9/2021 at 5:37 PM, Rabbit01 said:

I'm obsessed with these forums just trying to get a solid answer on when or if I might get a VIN. 

It is an answer you don’t want to hear.  Truth is the time frame from order to VIN is all over the place.  Some guys say they got their VIN weeks after ordering.  Personally mine was exactly 2 months and 2 days  “order to receiving my VIN/scheduling week”.  Then I got pushed 4 times.  As of 12/9 I moved to “In Production”. So in a nutshell your probably looking at a similar experience.  

On 12/12/2021 at 5:18 PM, PKL131 said:

Placed my order with the local dealer on 08/23 - Antimatter Blue w/Baja interior.  Lariat trim (ultimate package), 6.7 diesel, crew cab, long bed.

8/25 received confirmation email 

9/16 received scheduled for production email with VIN included - scheduled for week of 10/25

10/04 received production re-schedule email for week of 11/01

10/26 received production re-schedule email for week of 11/08

10/31 received production re-schedule email for week of 11/15

11/22 - no emails or updates on tracking application.  Dealership checked and said re-scheduled for week of 12/6

12/07 - received production re-schedule for week of 12/13 

Fingers crossed for this week but given the history so far, losing optimism!

Be Thankful you got that far. 8/10 order and I got NOTHING.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jim58 said:

Too funny, and true. The truck I'm waiting on is a replacement for a 22 I bought off the lot in October that was a lemon. So I've already made 2 payments on a truck I only had for 1/2 a day and put 15k down on. My new truck was partially (or maybe completely, minus chip) built on 12/8 but now sidelined for no chip. Exactly like the commercial you speak of for me. ?

Edited by txsd6.2
  • Like 1