2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

18 minutes ago, MinerAddiction said:

Hello everyone,

I have been following this thread for about 4 months and finally decided to join in the fun. I have a 22MY F350 lariat on order 10/18/21 and of course BAP and 5th prep… so I’ll be waiting. 

Welcome aboard! Glad you decided to join in on the fun or misery depending on the scheduling gods. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Joshkbird said:

What do you think will delay these trucks longer the tonneau cover or tremor package. My dealer Told me the tremor would add a longer build time but the tonneau cover would not. I’m torn on which to get. 

Anymore thoughts on this boys. I emailed the dealer yesterday when I hear back I gotta make the choice

First time posting.  I ordered a Limited 22 F450 on August 6th and it just arrived at the dealership yesterday AM.  I guess the transport guy caught the rear fender while offloading and it cracked the plastic fender and the wheel well liner.  Still drivable.  At first, they told me I could pick it up and take it home until replacement parts arrived but when I showed today, they said I had to wait until FORD accepted the claim.  they gave me the option of buying "as is" and I said no.  Anyone with similar experiences?  not sure if they are gonna let me take it damaged or if I have to wait for parts.... which may take a LONGGGG time.        

45 minutes ago, Joshkbird said:

Anymore thoughts on this boys. I emailed the dealer yesterday when I hear back I gotta make the choice

Josh,

I considered an F350 CCSB SRW King Ranch with Tremor package, but I asked myself, will I ever go offroad, I answered no, never.  I have a double axle equipment trailer I tow my stuff on and occasionally my tractor, I need the towing capacity much more than I need to go offroad.  The wheels and tires on Tremor are spongy compared to 20" wheels and tires, and I think that's why the towing capacity is less, just a hunch.  If you tow more than you go offroad, skip Tremor despite it looking cooler and having bragging rights.  That's my view or 2 cents worth.  Good luck...  Also, don't think Ford allows two-tone with Tremor and with Antimatter Blue, I liked the stone-grey trim better than straight color.  Lastly, me personally, I don't like a lot of chrome and I don't like black wheels at all, I'm old school when it comes to wheels and Tremor only comes with black wheels.  Tremor was designed to go offroad...

787Toolman

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billy805 said:

First time posting.  I ordered a Limited 22 F450 on August 6th and it just arrived at the dealership yesterday AM.  I guess the transport guy caught the rear fender while offloading and it cracked the plastic fender and the wheel well liner.  Still drivable.  At first, they told me I could pick it up and take it home until replacement parts arrived but when I showed today, they said I had to wait until FORD accepted the claim.  they gave me the option of buying "as is" and I said no.  Anyone with similar experiences?  not sure if they are gonna let me take it damaged or if I have to wait for parts.... which may take a LONGGGG time.        

Billy,

Glad your truck came in, sorry you had this happen, I'd be very disappointed.  Sounds like body shop work of the outside painted fender is cracked, will need a new fender and paint work done, not a simple job.  If they wanted to give me twice what the body shop work costs, I might would take it but otherwise I'd tell them to fix and call me when ready.  Other terrible option is to order a new one but that's only if the deal crashes and burns.  I may be wrong, I'm no dually expert or body shop tech.  Did you take any pictures to post on this forum?

787Toolman

2 hours ago, 787Toolman said:

Josh,

I considered an F350 CCSB SRW King Ranch with Tremor package, but I asked myself, will I ever go offroad, I answered no, never.  I have a double axle equipment trailer I tow my stuff on and occasionally my tractor, I need the towing capacity much more than I need to go offroad.  The wheels and tires on Tremor are spongy compared to 20" wheels and tires, and I think that's why the towing capacity is less, just a hunch.  If you tow more than you go offroad, skip Tremor despite it looking cooler and having bragging rights.  That's my view or 2 cents worth.  Good luck...  Also, don't think Ford allows two-tone with Tremor and with Antimatter Blue, I liked the stone-grey trim better than straight color.  Lastly, me personally, I don't like a lot of chrome and I don't like black wheels at all, I'm old school when it comes to wheels and Tremor only comes with black wheels.  Tremor was designed to go offroad...

787Toolman

Thanks toolman I really appreciate the advice. I ended up asking to keep my lariat plain with the lariat appearance package stone grey crew cab diesel and removing the tonneau cover as well to save build time. I plan on adding the tonneau, power steps as you can’t add them with lariat appearance package. And eventually off road tires. It’s such a bummer to remove items you want. But also not ideal waiting until 2023 for a truck! 

28 minutes ago, Joshkbird said:

Thanks toolman I really appreciate the advice. I ended up asking to keep my lariat plain with the lariat appearance package stone grey crew cab diesel and removing the tonneau cover as well to save build time. I plan on adding the tonneau, power steps as you can’t add them with lariat appearance package. And eventually off road tires. It’s such a bummer to remove items you want. But also not ideal waiting until 2023 for a truck! 

Josh,

I hope you end up with what you want and if I helped you make your decision, that is thanks enough.

787Toolman

7 hours ago, Joshkbird said:

Josh,

I was told by my dealer with the current instability of commodities in uncertainty of scheduling any changes to your order could delay it. I suggest buy an aftermarket bed cover and if you’re going for the Tremor look do a level kit and change the tires. Also change the front valance by ordering the Tremor  version.

Edited by MinerAddiction

7 hours ago, Joshkbird said:

Josh,

Here’s my .02… I couldn’t decide if I wanted the Tremor package. Like 787Toolman mentioned, I knew I wasn’t going off-road in my 70+k truck and I really just wanted the look. So after looking at 100’s of internet photos and videos, I knew the direction I needed to go was a 2.5” leveling kit and 35s (maybe 37s) on a 20x10 wheel with a -18 offset. That’ll get me the perfect (for me) aggressive stance I want. If you’re thinking like me, go to YouTube and type in ‘22 F250 on 35s’ or 37s. You’ll find so many photos and videos… many from RealDeal Neal at a Ford dealership in Georgia.

Hope this helps 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tim418 said:

Does anyone know when the cutoff for orders and/or production will be for 2022 my super duty trucks? Thanks

That's a good question. It has been asked before (multiple times) and the only answer is...... no one knows. The cut off for placing an order will happen a few months before mfg changes over to the next model year. If you go back a few months (of posts) and read all the posts, most all questions about orders have been asked and answered. I think someone said the info on the 2023MY will come out the middle of March. I think last year Ford stopped taking orders in Feb. But that does not mean they will do the same this year. 

41 minutes ago, Beefmaster said:

Does anyone know what brand/model tires the "TBM" option are? The size is LT245/75RX17E BSW A/T on the F350 DRW models. I'm curious what the tread looks like on them.

Beef,

I could be wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen tire manufacturers listed in any order guides, but a forum member with those tires can surely tell you if they respond.  I suspect Ford doesn't want to be boxed in and select only one brand of tire, they want to have the flexibility to source a different brand if supply is disrupted but that's my guess.  I know years ago, 2005, I purchased a new Ford 4x4 Expedition and the tires on my truck were Continental but others I had seen were a different brand.  I've never been a big fan of continental tires.  I notice when you build a truck, the specs say OWL but the images they show for build show BSW.  Not to get off your question but, images on Ford's build site, the color Ford shows for Antimatter Blue is horrible and is absolutely nothing like what Antimatter Blue really looks like in person or even on a computer.

787Toolman. 

Edited by 787Toolman

16 hours ago, Tim418 said:

Does anyone know when the cutoff for orders and/or production will be for 2022 my super duty trucks? Thanks

Tim,

I'm no Ford order expert but I'd assume if Ford has or does confirm your order as a 2022 and assigned a VIN, it will be a 2022 despite them accepting orders after 2023s are being booked. Stated a little differently, I'm sure there is a serial or VIN break in MY and if they assign a 2022 VIN, it will be a 2022 even if orders are being accepted for 2023s,.my 2 cents...

787Toolman

On 1/24/2022 at 10:37 PM, mattdm said:

You can try to pull your window sticker. It becomes available when your vehicle is "sent to plant" which is typically about a week before it goes into production. If you get a window sticker it means ford is still planning on building your truck very soon. 

I’ve had a window sticker since before Christmas and it still hasn’t been built according to the website.

9 hours ago, FirstFord22 said:

Josh,

Here’s my .02… I couldn’t decide if I wanted the Tremor package. Like 787Toolman mentioned, I knew I wasn’t going off-road in my 70+k truck and I really just wanted the look. So after looking at 100’s of internet photos and videos, I knew the direction I needed to go was a 2.5” leveling kit and 35s (maybe 37s) on a 20x10 wheel with a -18 offset. That’ll get me the perfect (for me) aggressive stance I want. If you’re thinking like me, go to YouTube and type in ‘22 F250 on 35s’ or 37s. You’ll find so many photos and videos… many from RealDeal Neal at a Ford dealership in Georgia.

Hope this helps 

Exactly I liked it for the looks and not having to pay for rims and bigger more aggressive tires once I get the truck. But if it’s going to add to build time I’d rather get the truck at this point. So I opted to not run with it and also mentioned to my dealer to remove my tonneau cover. I have also thought about adding the power steps instead of the large 6” steps that come with the lariat appearance package but I don’t think it will let me add power steps without removing the lariat package. It’s a bummer you can’t put everything you want on it. But I’m about 2 months from ordering with no build date yet I know it’s nothing compared to most of you but. I’m ready for this beast 1F35CF29-8B6B-427C-9291-4ED187AB43CB.thumb.jpeg.3308cad02c76e7065f78933a4fa739d7.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Joshkbird said:

Exactly I liked it for the looks and not having to pay for rims and bigger more aggressive tires once I get the truck. But if it’s going to add to build time I’d rather get the truck at this point. So I opted to not run with it and also mentioned to my dealer to remove my tonneau cover. I have also thought about adding the power steps instead of the large 6” steps that come with the lariat appearance package but I don’t think it will let me add power steps without removing the lariat package. It’s a bummer you can’t put everything you want on it. But I’m about 2 months from ordering with no build date yet I know it’s nothing compared to most of you but. I’m ready for this beast 1F35CF29-8B6B-427C-9291-4ED187AB43CB.thumb.jpeg.3308cad02c76e7065f78933a4fa739d7.jpeg

Have you considered since you don't have a build date yet, just ordering another truck with a different dealership the way you want it? I woukd explain to that dealership my situation and say if the truck comes in first I'm taking it but if the other truck comes in first y'all can keep it and give me my deposit back. Since it's so hard for them to get F250s and the markup is so big they might go for it. 

16 hours ago, Billy805 said:

Dude, that sucks so bad!!!

Scheduled for production November 16. Window sticker populated January 18. Original build date was for the week of the 17th got bumped to the 27th. Overall pushing four months better than some who are waiting almost a year. Wife just ordered Bronco so we may be in for a year for her.

Edited by KidNick

31 minutes ago, KidNick said:

Scheduled for production November 16. Window sticker populated January 18. Original build date was for the week of the 17th got bumped to the 27th. Overall pushing four months better than some who are waiting almost a year. Wife just ordered Bronco so we may be in for a year for her.

thanks.  my build day was supposed to be the 28th.  It has shown in production on the tracker for about 8 days but i do not have a date under "in production" yet.

16 minutes ago, gjones1081 said:

thanks.  my build day was supposed to be the 28th.  It has shown in production on the tracker for about 8 days but i do not have a date under "in production" yet.

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/

Read the rules for the vehicle locator by employee and see if one of the moderators might be able to give you a little bit more information just make sure to follow the rules they are great guys 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, gjones1081 said:

43 minutes ago, gjones1081 said:

Argh!  We were originally scheduled for the week of the 17th, then got pushed to the week of the 24th.  Nothing since and we do not have a date under the "In Production" yet either.  Ordered late September, you?