2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

1 hour ago, danielj said:

Salesman too. I don't know if my original Salesman that's lied to me and had poor communication and no drive to help is still my Salesman or not.  Cause the Salesman that fixed the fact that my email wasn't in the system is the one that called me the day after I got my scheduled email.  

Can Salesman be changed after a order is placed? 

You can talk to the Dealer about that. It's an internal matter at the dealership and has nothing to do with Ford corporate. 

37 minutes ago, Dog breath said:

I am dealing with a dealership in Orlando Fl. Ordered on 1/17. I had my build all ready, sent it to the internet salesguy and within hours via text and email the deal was done with D-plan, papers signed, deposit made and order email from ford was sent to me. The salesman was highly recommended and so far it has been a pleasant experience. I have texted him with questions and has answered promptly. It's too bad my local dealer in Wis wanted to add $3000 to my D plan pricing. even after i have purchased 9 vehicles from them in the last 30 years. i will not deal with them for various other reasons even though they are a block from my house, I am very easy to deal with until they try to charge my wife $100 to make an extra key for her 2007 mustang that they sent a high school kid over to the hardware store to make...just a regular key. They have missed out on the sale of an ST edge and now the SD.. I really dont mind flying to orlando to pick up my truck if the dealer is straight up with me. i just want a hassle free buying experience.

D Plan sales are for dealership employees. You're in WI and placed a D Plan order with a dealership in Orlando, FL? 

23 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Close the sale? Don't you have a written sales agreement?

There seems to be a fairly wide range of what’s been accepted as a “signed sales order” for the COVP. 

In my case, a copy of my DL and a signature on the build sheet was all that was required. 

I got the email confirmation for my order before I left the dealership back in October. More recently,  I received my VIN and was scheduled to the week of 3/7. (Email from FORD)

FWIW,  that has now pushed to the week of 3/14

17 minutes ago, Frog_Legs said:

There seems to be a fairly wide range of what’s been accepted as a “signed sales order” for the COVP. 

In my case, a copy of my DL and a signature on the build sheet was all that was required. 

I got the email confirmation for my order before I left the dealership back in October. More recently,  I received my VIN and was scheduled to the week of 3/7. (Email from FORD)

That’s cause they’ve had the gumbo and that they figured they gotta make you hold out so they can get the boudin 

i was emailed 3 forms after sending a picture of my DL

internet worksheet with all pricing itemized

preview order for the truck with all options

Order verification form

I signed all 3 and emailed back

Everything looked good

I electronically sent a deposit 

Before i had the deposit sent, i had a confirmation email from Ford

Couldnt have been any easier. I think the rest of the transaction will be the same.

33 minutes ago, Dog breath said:

Yes My son is a tech at the dealership. I explained what was going on and put me in touch with his internet salesman. If anyone wants his contact info i will be glad to share. I will also be glad to share on not who to deal with in Southeastern Wi

Okay. Thanks!

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Retail order priority codes are 10-19 as assigned by the Dealer with 10 being the best. The Ford regional office can assign priority codes 01 or 02 depending on various factors or at the dealership's request. Orders with 01 or 02 priority codes receive the most consideration for expedited scheduling but are still subject to delays based on microchip shortages, commodity restraints, supplier issues, etc. 

I apologize if this has been asked before but is it possible to have my dealership change my priority code to 10? I’m currently code 18. I just placed my order on 1/29. 

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I can understand your frustration and not wanting to talk to your Dealer because of the experience to date. And sure, you can send them written cancellation notice. However, you have no control as to whether they actually cancel your order with Ford. If your order is a COVP verified order and they don't cancel it per your request, and then sell it to a different customer, when they report the sale there will be a "Name Match" error and they'll be in violation of the program rules and subject to potential penalties from Ford.  

That should discourage dealerships unless their profit is greater than Ford's actual penalties. 

Edit: I just noticed n the COVP text -  "One violation will result in the dealership being excluded from the Retail Order Prioritization program moving forward"   :thumbsup:

Edited by Monoman
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I can understand your frustration and not wanting to talk to your Dealer because of the experience to date. And sure, you can send them written cancellation notice. However, you have no control as to whether they actually cancel your order with Ford. If your order is a COVP verified order and they don't cancel it per your request, and then sell it to a different customer, when they report the sale there will be a "Name Match" error and they'll be in violation of the program rules and subject to potential penalties from Ford.  

Thank you… and thank you for all the information you provide all of us in this forum! If it wasn’t for everything I learned in here, I would have likely still been with my previous dealer and my “stock” order!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AirbusPilot said:

I apologize if this has been asked before but is it possible to have my dealership change my priority code to 10? I’m currently code 18. I just placed my order on 1/29. 

You absolutely can request your dealer change your priority. I did and I’m sure many (who learned here) did it also.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 9:59 AM, ice-capades said:

22MY Super Duty Option Availability:  For the remainder of 2022MY, the following options will only be available to schedule on retail orders.  Stock orders with these options will not be selected for scheduling:

• Spray in Bedliner (85S)
  • 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Hitch Prep Package (53W)
  • Tonneau Cover (21D,21E,21J)
  • Active Steering (60A) (optional on Lariat, King Ranch & Platinum; standard on Limited)
  • 19.5 Forged Polished Aluminum Wheel (64D) (standard on all F450 series and included on STX Pkg—17S)
  • Black Appearance Package (17L) on Lariat

Hey @ice-capades, so i finally found this.    Mine is priority code 10 which is a retail order.  So worst case would be delay in build out, not cancellation of buildout.   I got both 85S and 53W as part of my build package, none of the rest.   Is there any evidence of how long delays are?   Again trying to make the best informed decision about any possible change to my retail order.

2 hours ago, AirbusPilot said:

Of course, but changing your priority code may depend on how many unscheduled retail orders are already in their USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) with lower priority codes and when those orders were placed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strobeaner said:

Hey @ice-capades, so i finally found this.    Mine is priority code 10 which is a retail order.  So worst case would be delay in build out, not cancellation of buildout.   I got both 85S and 53W as part of my build package, none of the rest.   Is there any evidence of how long delays are?   Again trying to make the best informed decision about any possible change to my retail order.

Depending on how old your order is, you could ask your Dealer about how many other unscheduled retail orders they have at priority code 10 and ask them about having the regional office push your order to either priority code 01 or 02.  

3 hours ago, Frog_Legs said:

People need to stop confusing order sheets that you sign with an actual buyer’s order/purchase agreement.    Do t assume you’re getting a specific price unless you have a signed purchase agreement showing the vehicle and all add insurance and fees.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, akirby said:

People need to stop confusing order sheets that you sign with an actual buyer’s order/purchase agreement.    Do t assume you’re getting a specific price unless you have a signed purchase agreement showing the vehicle and all add insurance and fees.

You’re absolutely correct and I’ll be getting with the guys next week. I’ve known these guys for years and don’t anticipate any issues. At the same time, it’s just good business to get the paperwork done and lock in the money. 

Well reading the posts and with the news of the plants shutting down because of parts I have an order question. What is the order cancelation process? I am thinking that I may find a truck close to want on a lot somewhere in the US and fly out to pick it up.

27 minutes ago, jbair said:

Well reading the posts and with the news of the plants shutting down because of parts I have an order question. What is the order cancelation process? I am thinking that I may find a truck close to want on a lot somewhere in the US and fly out to pick it up.

Start by talking to your Dealer. If you have a COVP (Customer Order Verification Program) verified order, your Dealer may need a signed, written statement stating why you're cancelling. 

2022 F350 ccsb Silver Baja Leather 4wd 18" Lariat 3.73 fx4 6.2 10spd camper pkg utt liners switches trailer tpms step bedliner 240 alt gar door opener

Wonderful dealer in Ronan, MT

11/02 preview order

11/04 received purchase order

11/07 transaction complete; purchased

11/08 email confirming order (and current 1/2 ton truck sold)

12/02 email received scheduling for week of 1/31

1/22 Personal Code to Save email received

1/25 tracking showed as in production with an empty circle

2/06 marked with black dot in circle and dated as in production

2/06 As Built data: 30 screens full

Fingers crossed to see this marked built and shipped ... and avoid any shutdowns ...

Thank you Ice for all of the EXTREMELY helpful information.

Edited by Mefly2
Thank you