2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

39 minutes ago, Karebearz416 said:

Are there any other tracking sites for the superduty orders?  Ford's tracking isn't updating to match the emails they've sent.  I tried to call ford marketing but wasn't able to get through.  

Check the employee forum and follow the rules.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 4:52 AM, ikre8kos4u said:

Get with your salesman to pull the rail car number from the vehicle visibility screen (.ex “ABCD123456”) Call the automated CSX phone line 877-SHIPCSX option 2, then option 1, & option 3. Then Say “location”, will ask for car initial (all the letters in the car .ex “ABCD”) then will ask for car number (“123456”) Then you will state “done” and the current location will be stated.

Here is my rail tracking..  

* Departed - 26 November, Kentucky @ 19:06.

* Received - 28 November, E. St. Louis, IL @ 16:45.

* Arrived - 28 November, JCT PT. E. St. Louis, IL @ 19:45.

* Received - 29 November, Gateway yard, IL @ 13:43.

* Departed - 30 November, Independence, MO @ 1:08.

* Arrived - 30 November, Herrington, KS @ 11:15.

* Departed - 1 December, Newton, KS @ 18:12.
* Departed - 1 December, Whitewater, KS @ 19:30.

* Arrived - 2 December, Wichita, KS @ 00:39. * Arrived - 3 December, North Enid, OK @ 01:50.

* Departed - 3 December, North Enid, OK @ 16:11.

* Departed - 3 December, El Reno OK @ 20:25.

* Constructively Placed - 3 December, OKC @ 21:38. (Waiting for unload and final destination carrier)

See rail tracking info on top 

1 hour ago, Fl utilities said:

Is there a way to track your truck from the local rail yard to the dealership?

My Truck is sitting at my local rail yard right now it has been there since Dec 1st. I talked to my salesman today and he told me that the dealership has no control of when your truck will be delivered. He said that Ford takes care of all scheduling up to the point of the dealership. I hope that that is true and that he was just not giving me a line.

You can go to this website https://www.palsapp.com/   When I put my vin In here I get a Freight bill number and it just says pending

Edited by JC2014
more info
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, JC2014 said:

My Truck is sitting at my local rail yard right now it has been there since Dec 1st. I talked to my salesman today and he told me that the dealership has no control of when your truck will be delivered. He said that Ford takes care of all scheduling up to the point of the dealership. I hope that that is true and that he was just not giving me a line.

Thanks for the information my dealership has been absolutely terrible! 

1 hour ago, Fl utilities said:

Is there a way to track your truck from the local rail yard to the dealership?

The final rail destination isn't necessarily local as in almost all cases the final rail destination is several hours from the dealership. Once the vehicle is unloaded from the rail car it's transferred to the car carrier firm that will then transport and deliver the vehicle to the dealership. Retail orders are automatically "Hot Listed" for expedited delivery and further identified by green Window Stickers. Ford has little control as to how quickly a vehicle is dispatched and loaded on a carrier for delivery. Prior to COVID-19, microchip shortages, staff shortages, etc. once a vehicle was dispatched to be loaded on a carrier for delivery, there was no opportunity to track the vehicle as it would be delivered within 24 hours or less. Loads are planned using software that configures the load based on vehicle types and sizes with carriers loaded with vehicles headed to the same general delivery area. Unfortunately, these days it's not uncommon for vehicles to sit at the rail ramps for a week or weeks due to the reduced volume of vehicles and fewer available drivers. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JC2014 said:

Most sales representatives don't have enough experience to know the details of order submissions, scheduling, production, shipping, etc. and/or tell customers what they think the customer wants to know or what their sales manager tells them. Ford has little control once a vehicle is shipped. See my post above for more detailed information. 

First post to this site.

Placed my order on 10/26/21. 
Received my confirmation email from Ford on the same day. 
Called Ford Marketing today, still no VIN number. 

F350 CCSRW 160” 6.7 4x4 Agate Black - Lariat Ultimate

3.31 Locking

Power Running Boards

Engine Block Heater

Skid Plates

Moonroof

Adaptive CC

Ult Camera Pro

5th Wheel Prep

LED Headlights

Rain Sensing Wipers

Wheel Well Liners

Splash Guards

20” Wheels

Upfitter Switches

397 Alternator

Garage DO

Hood Deflector 

My priority code is 19.  Should this concern me?  Is there anything I can do to move that up?

Thank you. 

39 minutes ago, Late Apex 61 said:

First post to this site.

3.31 Locking

Power Running Boards

Engine Block Heater

Skid Plates

Moonroof

Adaptive CC

Ult Camera Pro

5th Wheel Prep

LED Headlights

Rain Sensing Wipers

Wheel Well Liners

Splash Guards

20” Wheels

Upfitter Switches

397 Alternator

Garage DO

Hood Deflector 

My priority code is 19.  Should this concern me?  Is there anything I can do to move that up?

Thank you. 

It took 2 1/2 months for me to get my VIN.  Then another 2 months before it was “Sent to Plant”.  Should be built this week and shipped before Christmas.  Order to Delivery should be right at 6 months.  Most everyone goes in at Priority 19, so no concerns there.  Priority codes don’t seem to make a big difference in who gets picked.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Late Apex 61 said:

First post to this site.

3.31 Locking

Power Running Boards

Engine Block Heater

Skid Plates

Moonroof

Adaptive CC

Ult Camera Pro

5th Wheel Prep

LED Headlights

Rain Sensing Wipers

Wheel Well Liners

Splash Guards

20” Wheels

Upfitter Switches

397 Alternator

Garage DO

Hood Deflector 

Thank you. 

I ordered a 22 f450 on 10/22 with a 12/18 delivery date. Almost 8 weeks if the shipping goes smoothly.  I went in as a 19 as well and was told 14 to 16 weeks.  

On another note I currently have the exact same truck (2018) you ordered minus the hood deflector and gear ratio.  I full time rv and have been for the last 2 years.  Any particular reason you chose to 3.31 gear ratio? My guess is that your payload sticker will be 3300 pounds like mine which means you can pull a really heavy 5er as long as the pin weight is on the lighter side.  I have 3.55 ratio and have been happy with it but I think 3.31 would be an issue for me.

8 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The final rail destination isn't necessarily local as in almost all cases the final rail destination is several hours from the dealership. Once the vehicle is unloaded from the rail car it's transferred to the car carrier firm that will then transport and deliver the vehicle to the dealership. Retail orders are automatically "Hot Listed" for expedited delivery and further identified by green Window Stickers. Ford has little control as to how quickly a vehicle is dispatched and loaded on a carrier for delivery. Prior to COVID-19, microchip shortages, staff shortages, etc. once a vehicle was dispatched to be loaded on a carrier for delivery, there was no opportunity to track the vehicle as it would be delivered within 24 hours or less. Loads are planned using software that configures the load based on vehicle types and sizes with carriers loaded with vehicles headed to the same general delivery area. Unfortunately, these days it's not uncommon for vehicles to sit at the rail ramps for a week or weeks due to the reduced volume of vehicles and fewer available drivers. 

Thanks again for all the great information Ice! Cyberdman got me my rail car # yesterday and when I called the csx line last night it said my truck was in Tampa and arrived there Sunday. The dealership is on the other side of Tampa so the my truck is probably about 45 minutes from my dealership. I’m sure it will sit there for a week or more.?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Unfortunately, these days it's not uncommon for vehicles to sit at the rail ramps for a week or weeks due to the reduced volume of vehicles and fewer available drivers.

Because of this, our area dealerships are receiving vehicles that are driven by hot-shot drivers, sometimes over 150mi from the rail yards to their respective dealer lots.

Some arriving with bent rims and other major delivery issues, creating havoc with completing PDI and then "customer satisfaction".

You wait 6-8mos for your vehicle, only to find out that it has 150mi on it, and needs to go for paint correction already!

• Like 1

I just checked ford tracking and it says that my Truck has been shipped and that my dealer will be making final preparations and setting up delivery.

I did not get a e-mail from Ford for this stage of the process which I did for every other one. I placed my order on 10/15 so it has been a relatively short

wait compared some others here. I did get the 5th wheel prep and hitch no bed liner or tonneau I plan on doing that locally. Cant wait to see it.?

• Thanks 1

G’mornin’ all,

I recently found this forum site and the information I have found has been invaluable.  For my first post, I have a question.

I received my order confirmation for a 2022 Platinum 6.7 CC SB SRW on 18 October, and have heard nothing from Ford since.  Based on knowledge I have gained from this forum, I asked my salesman to delete the Adaptive Steering on Monday, 6 December. I saw that the 5th Wheel Prep is also a potential delay issue and requested that it be deleted today, but as he’s not working, it won’t be until tomorrow when that happens.

My dealer order code is M20M, and the sales code is F27054, with a priority of 10.  

Is it possible to find my order and to confirm if the Adaptive Steering has been deleted and any other information about my order?  Is there any other information needed to find my truck?

Thanks so much,

Joe

5 hours ago, Late Apex 61 said:

My trailer is just under 10k, so I figured I could afford to try for a few more mpg’s. 

My thoughts exactly. I ordered the 3.31 locking also with the 6.7 on a Platinum CC SB.  My camper is a Cougar 26RBS which is well under 10,000 lbs also.  I hope we both didn’t make a mistake.

Joe

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JC2014 said:

I just checked ford tracking and it says that my Truck has been shipped and that my dealer will be making final preparations and setting up delivery.

I did not get a e-mail from Ford for this stage of the process which I did for every other one. I placed my order on 10/15 so it has been a relatively short

wait compared some others here. I did get the 5th wheel prep and hitch no bed liner or tonneau I plan on doing that locally. Cant wait to see it.?

Post pictures

29 minutes ago, NoPistons said:

Because of this, our area dealerships are receiving vehicles that are driven by hot-shot drivers, sometimes over 150mi from the rail yards to their respective dealer lots.

Some arriving with bent rims and other major delivery issues, creating havoc with completing PDI and then "customer satisfaction".

You wait 6-8mos for your vehicle, only to find out that it has 150mi on it, and needs to go for paint correction already!

What makes you think the vehicles are being driven over 150 miles from the rail yards by hot-shot drivers? Not once in 35 years has my dealership ever picked up vehicles at the ramp and it's extremely rare. The dispatch departments at the car carrier firms are very cooperative in assisting Dealers that contact them for assistance getting sold vehicles that have been delayed. I'm not buying your claim. And paint correction, if it exists, is an unrelated issue.    

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, marinerjoe said:

G’mornin’ all,

I recently found this forum site and the information I have found has been invaluable.  For my first post, I have a question.

I received my order confirmation for a 2022 Platinum 6.7 CC SB SRW on 18 October, and have heard nothing from Ford since.  Based on knowledge I have gained from this forum, I asked my salesman to delete the Adaptive Steering on Monday, 6 December. I saw that the 5th Wheel Prep is also a potential delay issue and requested that it be deleted today, but as he’s not working, it won’t be until tomorrow when that happens.

My dealer order code is M20M, and the sales code is F27054, with a priority of 10.  

Is it possible to find my order and to confirm if the Adaptive Steering has been deleted and any other information about my order?  Is there any other information needed to find my truck?

Thanks so much,

Joe

Since you're new I'll try to answer your questions and make a few suggestions. 

I posted the following information in the Ford Scheduling Notes topic (https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70846-ford-weekly-scheduling-notes/&page=5) yesterday and I update this information on a regular basis as more information is received from Ford. 

• 22MY Super Duty Scheduling:  Due to production availability, only retail orders will be eligible to schedule on Thursday, December 9.
  • 22MY Super Duty Option Availability:  For the remainder of 22MY, the following options will only be available to schedule on retail orders.  Stock orders with these options will not be selected for scheduling:
    • Spray in Bedliner (85S)
    • Fifth Wheel Prep (53W)
    • Tonneau Cover (21D,21E,21J)
    • Active Steering (60A) (optional on Lariat, King Ranch & Platinum; standard on Limited)
    • 19.5 Forged Polished Aluminum Wheel (64D) (standard on all F450 series and included on STX Pkg—17S)

Please note due to production availability, retail orders with these commodities may take several weeks to schedule. 

As stated in the scheduling notes, Ford is prioritizing these options exclusively for retail orders in order to expedite scheduling of retail orders with these options. I do not recommend deleting the 5th Wheel Prep (53W) package, if you have a definite towing need, due to the superior factory installation. If you can afford to wait, don't go rushing to delete options based on what you see posted by others. 

Order tracking is available at the Vehicle Locator by Ford Employees forum, but you must have made at least 15 posts to the BOF site to qualify. In addition, you must read the rules carefully as they are strictly enforced. Tracking does include confirmation on order specification changes.

Your Dealer can provide you with confirmation of your vehicle specifications and any changes made via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. 

Hope this helps! Spend some time exploring the information and resources on the BOF site. It'll help answer a lot of questions you might have.    

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

What makes you think the vehicles are being driven over 150 miles from the rail yards by hot-shot drivers? Not once in 35 years has my dealership ever picked up vehicles at the ramp and it's extremely rare. The dispatch departments at the car carrier firms are very cooperative in assisting Dealers that contact them for assistance getting sold vehicles that have been delayed. I'm not buying your claim. And paint correction, if it exists, is an unrelated issue.    

Because I saw it, and the damage with my own eyes while on routine visit to the dealer!
Ford (and other manufacturers) delivery contractors in my area are backed up. They don't have the lot space at the rail facility to offload the rail cars and stack and wait for their drivers to pick up a load of vehicles. They just don't have the space, equipment or the staff.

They've hired retirees as hot-shot drivers to physically drive individual vehicles from the rail dispatch yard out to their respective dealers.
One dealership is 235kms (146mi) as the crow flies from the rail dispatch yard in my city to the outlying dealership.

Not all of them are travelling this distance by being driven. But the ones that do are arriving with paint chips and other damage noted.
I'm in the middle of the country. Everything arrives by truck and rail, and can't get anywhere without "innovative" measures!

I don't blame you for being skeptical. I wouldn't believe me either until I saw the convoy of F150's that drove on the lot.

Edited by NoPistons
Spelling

Thanks for all the valuable information ice.  Hopefully with the changes starting this Thursday those of us with AS, spray in bed liners, F450’s, etc have a better chance of getting scheduled sooner than later now that Ford is restricting these options to retail builds.  

24 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Since you're new I'll try to answer your questions and make a few suggestions. 

As stated in the scheduling notes, Ford is prioritizing these options exclusively for retail orders in order to expedite scheduling of retail orders with these options. I do not recommend deleting the 5th Wheel Prep (53W) package, if you have a definite towing need, due to the superior factory installation. If you can afford to wait, don't go rushing to delete options based on what you see posted by others. 

Order tracking is available at the Vehicle Locator by Ford Employees forum, but you must have made at least 15 posts to the BOF site to qualify. In addition, you must read the rules carefully as they are strictly enforced. Tracking does include confirmation on order specification changes.

Your Dealer can provide you with confirmation of your vehicle specifications and any changes made via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system. 

Hope this helps! Spend some time exploring the information and resources on the BOF site. It'll help answer a lot of questions you might have.    

Ice-capades, 

Thanks for your response (and I presume the approving my posts above). And especially thanks for the information you provide on a weekly basis with your production notes and scheduling information.  It was your information that I saw on another site that drew me here, and I’ve gotten a whole new resource for information.  While I joined yesterday, I have been lurking for a bit longer.

I’m not tied to the 5th Wheel Prep as I currently don’t have nor anticipate getting a Fiver, but rather I added it as a possible selling point if I ever move on to another truck.  I know I am not by far one of the folks with the longest unscheduled build, but I would really like to get my truck before the weather starts warming back up. That’s why I have deleted the Adaptive Steering and am (tomorrow) deleting the 53W from my build to improve the possibility of getting a build week (then a build day) sooner rather than later.

Thanks again,

Joe

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NoPistons said:

Because I saw it, and the damage with my own eyes while on routine visit to the dealer!
Ford (and other manufacturers) delivery contractors in my area are backed up. They don't have the lot space at the rail facility to offload the rail cars and stack and wait for their drivers to pick up a load of vehicles. They just don't have the space, equipment or the staff.

They've hired retirees as hot-shot drivers to physically drive individual vehicles from the rail dispatch yard out to their respective dealers.
One dealership is 235kms (146mi) as the crow flies from the rail dispatch yard in my city to the outlying dealership.

Not all of them are travelling this distance by being driven. But the ones that do are arriving with paint chips and other damage noted.
I'm in the middle of the country. Everything arrives by truck and rail, and can't get anywhere without "innovative" measures!

I don't blame you for being skeptical. I wouldn't believe me either until I saw the convoy of F150's that drove on the lot.

Sorry. I'm still not buying it based on the information I receive and/or my experience of 35+ years.