Extended warranty and service contract

Lind Mike

On 3/10/2022 at 8:32 PM, Toe Truck said:

Saw the below in another forum- just an FYI for an option to the Flood ESP pricing:

While production issues continue on into 2022, we wanted to find another way we as a dealership can add value to the forum. We've made the decision to run a special on Ford Protect Extended Service plans for all forum members (this applies whether you purchased from us or not!).

Starting today we are going to offer Ford Protect Extended Service Plans for $50 over our dealer cost on any Super Duty Truck, whether you purchased it from us or another dealership. This represents a savings on average of $1000-$2000 from other dealerships in-person pricing and a discount from other online Ford Protect retailers as well. We will run this special through the end of April and reasses the volume. After the first initial roll out of this program, we will move our discount to $100 over dealer cost.

How do you get this started?

Please send an email to fordesp@grangermotors.com with the following information:

Name
Address
Phone number
VIN
Mileage on Super Duty now
Coverage desired (years and mileage)

The entire process will be handled seamlessly online by electronic signature and a secure electronic deposit. Your contract will be in force within 2-3 business days of completion of the deposit and electronic signature. Ford's ESP system is nationwide and will update electronically within their system showing your contract status, so you won't need a paper copy of the contract to bring with you, it is tied to your VIN number.

Ford pass points can be used towards the purchase of these contracts as well!

Have another Ford or Lincoln vehicle you'd like to add coverage to? Our pricing will be $100 over dealer cost. This should meet or exceed any other pricing you find online. The process is initiated the same way by emailing fordesp@grangermotors.com with the information above.

This offer is good for anywhere in the U.S. and Canada with the exception of the state of Florida.

Thank you for this.  Hopefully my truck will be built next week and arrive sometime in April.  I will keep this in mind.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 8:32 PM, Toe Truck said:

Saw the below in another forum- just an FYI for an option to the Flood ESP pricing:

While production issues continue on into 2022, we wanted to find another way we as a dealership can add value to the forum. We've made the decision to run a special on Ford Protect Extended Service plans for all forum members (this applies whether you purchased from us or not!).

Starting today we are going to offer Ford Protect Extended Service Plans for $50 over our dealer cost on any Super Duty Truck, whether you purchased it from us or another dealership. This represents a savings on average of $1000-$2000 from other dealerships in-person pricing and a discount from other online Ford Protect retailers as well. We will run this special through the end of April and reasses the volume. After the first initial roll out of this program, we will move our discount to $100 over dealer cost.

How do you get this started?

Please send an email to fordesp@grangermotors.com with the following information:

Name
Address
Phone number
VIN
Mileage on Super Duty now
Coverage desired (years and mileage)

The entire process will be handled seamlessly online by electronic signature and a secure electronic deposit. Your contract will be in force within 2-3 business days of completion of the deposit and electronic signature. Ford's ESP system is nationwide and will update electronically within their system showing your contract status, so you won't need a paper copy of the contract to bring with you, it is tied to your VIN number.

Ford pass points can be used towards the purchase of these contracts as well!

Have another Ford or Lincoln vehicle you'd like to add coverage to? Our pricing will be $100 over dealer cost. This should meet or exceed any other pricing you find online. The process is initiated the same way by emailing fordesp@grangermotors.com with the information above.

This offer is good for anywhere in the U.S. and Canada with the exception of the state of Florida.

Extended warranties are largely for peace of mind; especially given the pricing on these new trucks.  That said, I think pricing from places like Flood and Granger (quoted) are very reasonable.  A couple of other points that may not have been noted on my quick scan are that you can cancel and get a prorated refund (if/when you trade or sell the truck) or if you're not ready to buy the extended warranty when you purchase the truck, you can pick it up down the road within reason (miles/age).

1 hour ago, 420Brady said:

Extended warranties are largely for peace of mind; especially given the pricing on these new trucks.  That said, I think pricing from places like Flood and Granger (quoted) are very reasonable.  A couple of other points that may not have been noted on my quick scan are that you can cancel and get a prorated refund (if/when you trade or sell the truck) or if you're not ready to buy the extended warranty when you purchase the truck, you can pick it up down the road within reason (miles/age).

You have to buy it before the 3/36k warranty expires and after 12 months the cost goes up $100.

On 3/15/2022 at 9:37 PM, hayweezie said:

Anyone know what the actual cost is that Granger is charging? When I looked up the Ford service plans they were like $4k for 100,000 miles. Which seems expensive when the diesel power train already has a 100,000 mile warranty.  

I contacted Granger for the ESP which is the extended warantee and they were very good on pricing and I am going to go for the 7 year 125k miles 100 deductable and I can use my ford pass points for a partial payment. and I am including the fob and the lighting options. this is right at the 3k pricing

I asked about the service plans and they are not quoting the right now with the aggressive pricing they are doing for the ESP. So I may go elsewhere for the service plans.

I have been wondering when the service plans will bet a hike because of the fluid, mostly oil costs going up. 

The local dealer told me that they were upside down on maintenance plans now because what they get from Ford is less than there material costs. 

On 3/15/2022 at 12:22 PM, 420Brady said:

I wonder how the pro rate is calculated. If it starts from the original manufacturer date like the warranty does then you would lose a large portion that doesn't serve any use.