Ford Escape Active

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

Ford built a heap of Escapes last month, so will be interesting to see buyer response ahead of any new changes…,

Mine is due to be built any day now (though it's already been bumped with only one week to production one time).  Given the incentives I have locked in and the lack of them today, plus price protection on A-Plan, I have no hesitation in taking delivery.  No sense in giving all that up.  If resale values worked out, though, it might make sense to leap to a refreshed 2023...  That's something I never would've even considered until the world went mad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, j2sys said:

Mine is due to be built any day now (though it's already been bumped with only one week to production one time).  Given the incentives I have locked in and the lack of them today, plus price protection on A-Plan, I have no hesitation in taking delivery.  No sense in giving all that up.  If resale values worked out, though, it might make sense to leap to a refreshed 2023...  That's something I never would've even considered until the world went mad.

No doubt that most of last month’s builds are probably back ordered vehicles that have been waiting months, I don’t imagine dealers getting much floor stock and even if they did, it would probably go so quickly. I feel for people buying cars at the moment, I guess you wear the cost of full price/ADMs and just look to future when selling trading for near what you paid (fingers crossed).

THE NEW active Focus looks to be Ford addressing some of Escape customers perceived  wants and needs with new interior layout and I hope this hits  those marks. It’s helpful to know that Ford seems to be slowly edging up production wise but wonder if some of this is Ford watching the ramp up to limit inventory and maintain full pricing, almost certain that this is happening to a degree…

• Like 1

Continuing on, here's the image of the Euro Focus interior posted earlier: image.pngNote the difference in the IP panel below the screen, different vent locations, and much different IP controls than the 2022 Escape. 

Now, note the location of the vents in the spy shot of the 2023 Escape image - they seem to be located identically to the Euro Focus image, suggesting that the 2023 Escape dash will mimic the Euro Focus, which is obviously different from the current Escape.

Also: the screen shown on the 2023 Escape seems to be a cheapened version of what is shown in the Euro Focus. Oh well.

• Like 2

More signs of C2 variations or differentiation being eliminated, also an easy low cost upgrade to Escape 

Next Gen MEB “Escape” will be arriving in Europe next year so the emphasis will probably be on that.

Edited by jpd80

7 hours ago, jpd80 said:

More signs of C2 variations or differentiation being eliminated, also an easy low cost upgrade to Escape 

Next Gen MEB “Escape” will be arriving in Europe next year so the emphasis will probably be on that.

Does this mean the "Kuga" name will be retired? 

I'm guessing this MEB "Escape" crossover EV thingy will be a Europe-only model? I think Ford's Cologne plant is the only one being converted to manufacture MEB-based vehicles.

3 hours ago, AM222 said:

Does this mean the "Kuga" name will be retired? 

I'm guessing this MEB "Escape" crossover EV thingy will be a Europe-only model? I think Ford's Cologne plant is the only one being converted to manufacture MEB-based vehicles.

Most likely not-it’s just a nameplate 

There seems to be some changes with the path forward with BEVs with Ford-I don’t think the MEB based products will last long and they’ll be replaced by a Ford platform within 5-7 years. 

I also think the BEV Bronco going to the EU will be what we get as a NA Escape replacement with a new top hat and it won’t be based on the MEB either. 

18 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Most likely not-it’s just a nameplate 

There seems to be some changes with the path forward with BEVs with Ford-I don’t think the MEB based products will last long and they’ll be replaced by a Ford platform within 5-7 years. 

I also think the BEV Bronco going to the EU will be what we get as a NA Escape replacement with a new top hat and it won’t be based on the MEB either. 

I think it would really help Ford in the near future of its EVs made in Europe, North America, and Asia were built on the same architecture with shared parts.

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

You mean BEV Bronco Sport? That is C2 chassis derived.

Yes, but in all likelihood the BEV will be on a bespoke EV platform, not C2. It would be basically the next Gen Bronco Sport so along side the ICE/HEV version till the C2 is wound down by the end of the decade. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AM222 said:

I think it would really help Ford in the near future of its EVs made in Europe, North America, and Asia were built on the same architecture with shared parts.

That was my point-I don’t see the MEB lasting past one generation with Ford-there has been lots of changes in the past 24 months or so with Fords BEV program. 

The MEB was a lower cost ticket to meet Mandated BEV requirements in the EU. But it appears that the market is embracing the move to BEVs better then Ford expected worldwide, so it makes more sense to bring that work in house then be dependent on VW to share it.