More 2008 Mariner Pics

range

That web site looks like it is designed for people who buy cars based on looks only. I couldn't find where it says whether it gets a 5 or 6 speed auto instead of 4 speed auto. That's a big deal to me. Anyone know....My daughter wants one of these cute utes, and we love our Lincoln Mercury dealer.

Edited by Ralph Greene

That web site looks like it is designed for people who buy cars based on looks only. I couldn't find where it says whether it gets a 5 or 6 speed auto instead of 4 speed auto. That's a big deal to me. Anyone know....My daughter wants one of these cute utes, and we love our Lincoln Mercury dealer.

Nothing has changed but some of the sheetmetal and the front and rear clips.

Ford stuck with the same old 4-speed 3.0L 200 horse Duratec combo.

At this rate you'll have to wait until well into the next decade to get more power and more gears in a Mariner/Escape.. :nonono::nonono:

It's "bold and innovative", instead of changing things like everybody else, they change nothing, it's the new "bold thinking" at ford.. :rolleyes:

Edited by Blueblood

We are going to replace our old reliable 2001 Escape within the year and it saddens me to say that it won't be with a new 2008 Escape. We tow a two boats to Maine in the spring and return them to Massachusetts in the fall so we have always appreciated the the 3.0 duratec for it's capabilities. I am not pleased with the fuel economy and was hoping that at the very least they would put a five speed(hoping for the six) transmission in for the 2008 model year. The same engine/transmiision combo in my 2001 just isn't going to cut it in a 2008.