2023 Escape Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

2 hours ago, tbone said:

I understand your perspective, but our family likes a lot of bass, which is where we are coming from.  The B&O system in our Explorer is good, but the truck leaves a lot to be desired for us. 

Then say you don’t like it, which is a subjective observation rather than it’s not good which is objective and to which others don’t agree.

6 hours ago, akirby said:

Then say you don’t like it, which is a subjective observation rather than it’s not good which is objective and to which others don’t agree.

There’s no doubt I don’t like it, but there are four separate individuals in my family that have objectively observed that there is a clear difference in the bass level between the old system and the new system.  That’s not subjective, unless you need me to prove it to you by using a sound meter. 

You can do your own research on various Ford forums regarding B&O bass quality, which will basically tell you the same thing.  I’m not sure why you are arguing about it though. 

14 minutes ago, tbone said:

There’s no doubt I don’t like it, but there are four separate individuals in my family that have objectively observed that there is a clear difference in the bass level between the old system and the new system.  That’s not subjective, unless you need me to prove it to you by using a sound meter. 

You can do your own research on various Ford forums regarding B&O bass quality, which will basically tell you the same thing.  I’m not sure why you are arguing about it though. 

Because decibels is only one measurement and more decibels isn’t always better to everybody.  If you’re just saying one is louder than the other that’s fine.  But loud isn’t necessarily good.  Good is completely subjective.

If it's just loud bass you can feel that you are looking for, get one of these. I don't need to feel or blast my ears so not for me but....

Also I'm not willing to give up my cargo space. and most additional subwoofer /spare enclosures require the spare be flipped with the space facing up. IIRC the 12v battery is under the spare and the spare is flipped the "Wrong way"

Edited by dchan
additional info
  • Like 1

On 7/8/2023 at 12:54 PM, tbone said:

I understand your perspective, but our family likes a lot of bass, which is where we are coming from.  The B&O system in our Explorer is good, but the truck leaves a lot to be desired for us. 

So will you be considering an after market product?

3 hours ago, Rangers09 said:

So will you be considering an after market product?

i’m going to try the home remedy first to see if that’s sufficient, but if that doesn’t work, I found a direct replacement set up that is supposed to be more effective.  It’s not cheap of course, so I’ll try the least expensive route first.  

The deluxe Sony system in my 2014 F150 Limited sounds fantastic, but it has a ridiculously large subwoofer like this one that totally ruins the storage capacity when the rear seats are folded up.  I would gladly give up some bass to free up this wasted floor space!  I can see why Ford switched to the ECS systems.

08e89e34_0c7a_4a00_942e_99a79e95e8b3_0d9d092110ec39fb93b05adcf0b1c7079478df1a.jpeg

Edited by CoolScoop

3 hours ago, CoolScoop said:

The deluxe Sony system in my 2014 F150 Limited sounds fantastic, but it has a ridiculously large subwoofer like this one that totally ruins the storage capacity when the rear seats are folded up.  I would gladly give up some base to free up this wasted floor space!  I can see why Ford switched to the ECS systems.

08e89e34_0c7a_4a00_942e_99a79e95e8b3_0d9d092110ec39fb93b05adcf0b1c7079478df1a.jpeg

And I would like to have that sub back, lol. It sounded good. 

15 minutes ago, tbone said:

And I would like to have that sub back, lol. It sounded good. 

A good compromise for the Sony subwoofer would have been to make it easy to remove quickly without tools when more floor space was needed. Then just snap it back in place when done!

• Like 1

And by the way, most sound engineers and musicians judge sound quality by how flat the response is over the whole spectrum. Not just on how loud the bass sounds and feels.  A vehicle that is a tough environment to work in along with the constraints of trying to save space means some compromises need to be made. 

I set up my spectrum analyzer app to listen to some jazz and classical music at a reasonable level for me and found that the playback was surprisingly flat without tonal adjustments. 

Not generally how most people prefer for their listening habits but a flat response tells me that the system will reproduce sounds pretty accurately presuming that you are not cranking the volume up so high as to distort the speakers 

58 minutes ago, dchan said:

And by the way, most sound engineers and musicians judge sound quality by how flat the response is over the whole spectrum. Not just on how loud the bass sounds and feels.  A vehicle that is a tough environment to work in along with the constraints of trying to save space means some compromises need to be made. 

I set up my spectrum analyzer app to listen to some jazz and classical music at a reasonable level for me and found that the playback was surprisingly flat without tonal adjustments. 

Not generally how most people prefer for their listening habits but a flat response tells me that the system will reproduce sounds pretty accurately presuming that you are not cranking the volume up so high as to distort the speakers 

Are you suggesting that audio quality is subjective and it depends on the person and what they’re listening to?  ?

• Haha 2

Also any tests being done don't usually account for turning up the volume for road noise. especially at higher speeds. In my Van I sound proofed and deadened as many panels as I could. It's would still be a rough setup. Back in the 70's I actually had my own business installing custom sound systems in vehicles so there is a little bit of history/experience from my end.

^^^My Escape's build day and blend date are both tomorrow, the 21st.  When should my status change to built?  Also, the window sticker says convoy and dealer is 400 miles from the plant... so should it ship directly by truck or could it still ship by rail?  Just looking for some input on what others have experienced!

Edited by CoolScoop

6 hours ago, CoolScoop said:

^^^My Escape's build day and blend date are both tomorrow, the 21st.  When should my status change to built?  Also, the window sticker says convoy and dealer is 400 miles from the plant... so should it ship directly by truck or could it still ship by rail?  Just looking for some input on what others have experienced!

Many Window Stickers show "Convoy" as a transport mode but still get shipped via rail. Some vehicles are shipped via carrier from the plant to another location where they are loaded onto rail cars. Your Dealer can confirm the actual shipping method. 

Update on our 2023 White Platinum FHEV with premium technology package and Panoramic Vista Roof - still sitting at the factory (ordered 2022/10/22,  build scheduled 2023/01/18,  in production 2023/03/07, built 2023/04/11).  We finally gave up and canceled 2023/07/19.  Got the deposit back.  Good news: On 2023/07/19 we purchased a 2023 White ST Line Elite FHEV with premium technology package, panoramic vista roof, Class II Trailer Tow package, and 19”  Ebony Painted Aluminum Wheels from a different dealership. Pick it up next Wednesday.   

835C60BB-C636-4AE7-A47B-3F1C91E404262023-07-19_14-35-32_965.jpeg

50C832F5-E1E4-42D1-9672-4357D7E2744B2023-07-19_14-35-39_727.jpeg

859F40CC-6FF7-413E-864A-F9BC9DE9E4342023-07-19_14-55-54_447.jpeg

Edited by PTofTheNorth
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, CoolScoop said:

It's my build/blend day, wonder how many times I'll end up checking for module activation... nothing yet, LOL!!!

It's alive!!! The BCE modules are activated.  The PCM is blank but I think thats normal.

Edited by CoolScoop

On 7/21/2023 at 12:45 PM, PTofTheNorth said:

Update on our 2023 White Platinum FHEV with premium technology package and Panoramic Vista Roof - still sitting at the factory (ordered 2022/10/22,  build scheduled 2023/01/18,  in production 2023/03/07, built 2023/04/11).  We finally gave up and canceled 2023/07/19.  Got the deposit back.  Good news: On 2023/07/19 we purchased a 2023 White ST Line Elite FHEV with premium technology package, panoramic vista roof, Class II Trailer Tow package, and 19”  Ebony Painted Aluminum Wheels from a different dealership. Pick it up next Wednesday.   

835C60BB-C636-4AE7-A47B-3F1C91E404262023-07-19_14-35-32_965.jpeg

50C832F5-E1E4-42D1-9672-4357D7E2744B2023-07-19_14-35-39_727.jpeg

859F40CC-6FF7-413E-864A-F9BC9DE9E4342023-07-19_14-55-54_447.jpeg

The white with the black looks great.   My second favorite color combo next all black of course?

• Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 6:12 PM, CoolScoop said:

It's alive!!! The BCE modules are activated.  The PCM is blank but I think thats normal.

Goofy order tracker... tear tag appeared Monday night then tracker updated Tuesday morning to built 7/24.  Got the official built email this morning and tracker said built at the top of the page and that shipping could take sevaral days to a week.  Now the tracker is back to order confirmed at the top with in production and built dates still there, but only the order confirmed dot is filled in green now... go figure!!!  Is this tracker behavior very common?

Edited by CoolScoop

5 hours ago, CoolScoop said:

Goofy order tracker... tear tag appeared Monday night then tracker updated Tuesday morning to built 7/24.  Got the official built email this morning and tracker said built at the top of the page and that shipping could take sevaral days to a week.  Now the tracker is back to order confirmed at the top with in production and built dates still there, but only the order confirmed dot is filled in green now... go figure!!!  Is this tracker behavior very common?

Had the same experience with the public tracker, but dealer had the correct information available.

• Like 1

^^^Dealer called today to say it was delivered.  Tracker now says it both shipped and was delivered (final preparations) yesterday... so it must have shipped by convoy directly from plant to get here that fast!!! 

Edited by CoolScoop
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, CoolScoop said:

^^^Dealer called today to say it was delivered.  Tracker now says it both shipped and was delivered (final preparations) yesterday... so it must have shipped by convoy directly from plant to get here that fast!!! 

You can tell how it shipped just by looking at it.  It had to have been convoy, on top and in front above the cab and facing backwards... the rear end is covered with bug splatter, lol.

• Haha 1