2023 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

ice-capades

See Time Stamp on Video  11:25 - 13:28

Highlights:

2023 Super Duty Job 2 Builds will schedule this week for May1st and May 8th

2023 Order Bank for King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited are exhausted .....No ordering for 2023 Model Year

2023 Super Duty Build out Date is 10/01/2023 at the Kentucky Truck Plant and 10/29/2023 at the Ohio Truck Plant....Last days 2023 MY will be built

2024 Super Duty Order Bank Opens on 07/17/2023

2024 Super Duty Job 1 Builds begin on 10/02/2023 at Kentucky Truck Plant and on 10/30/2023 at the Ohio Truck Plant

• Like 6

Does anyone know if/how you can track your truck from its final rail destination to the dealership? My truck arrived yesterday morning at Annapolis Junction just an hour and a half from my dealer. Is it even possible to know when it is scheduled to be delivered? My dealer says they often don’t know and that they just show up. VINView also said yesterday my truck was in Ohio when CSX said it had arrived to Annapolis. 

Thanks

2 hours ago, F350Fanatic said:

Does anyone know if/how you can track your truck from its final rail destination to the dealership? My truck arrived yesterday morning at Annapolis Junction just an hour and a half from my dealer. Is it even possible to know when it is scheduled to be delivered? My dealer says they often don’t know and that they just show up. VINView also said yesterday my truck was in Ohio when CSX said it had arrived to Annapolis. 

Thanks

No guarantee that CSX is providing correct tracking info, as when mine was delivered to the dealer, CSX still had it in Chicago.

5 hours ago, F350Fanatic said:

Thanks

The VINView system, the successor to Vehicle Visibility, is the best source for the latest information on vehicle status. Dealers have the ability to contact the dispatch department directly for the contract carrier at the ramp. The dispatch departments can be very helpful for Dealers that have a good relationship and don't call the dispatch department constantly. 

Edited by ice-capades
  • Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 7:44 PM, Havasu Guy said:

See Time Stamp on Video  11:25 - 13:28

Highlights:

2023 Super Duty Job 2 Builds will schedule this week for May1st and May 8th

2023 Order Bank for King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited are exhausted .....No ordering for 2023 Model Year

2023 Super Duty Build out Date is 10/01/2023 at the Kentucky Truck Plant and 10/29/2023 at the Ohio Truck Plant....Last days 2023 MY will be built

2024 Super Duty Order Bank Opens on 07/17/2023

2024 Super Duty Job 1 Builds begin on 10/02/2023 at Kentucky Truck Plant and on 10/30/2023 at the Ohio Truck Plant

So let it be written;so let it be done. ??

Well, here's hoping I get scheduled soon so I don't have to debate wether or not I need to roll over to a MY24. My dealer contacted me and let me know I'm not scheduled yet but let me know as soon as it is. He also said that we would both get an email from Ford saying it is. However, based on the lack of emails from Ford, I'm not holding my breath for up-to-date emails on status.

For those of you who got scheduled, how soon did you know about it, from Ford, not your dealer?

1 hour ago, ImmortalJman said:

Yep, I chose to do the same thing for the spray-in liner. Excited for you...to bad it's a week away for pickup when it's so close ?

The liner can’t be installed till Wednesday plus we leave for Florida for a few days this week… so close but so far away ?

I'm honestly thinking FoMoCo seriously hates me....

Ordered 10/27/22... First order submitted by my dealer

Confirmation email on 10/31/22

First 45 day email on 12/15/22

Second 45 day email on 1/29/23

Been complete crickets since.

Ordered a 23 F350  Priority Code 10  A-plan sale

CC, DRW, 6.7HO

Lariat, Ultimate package, Chrome Package, FX4

5th wheel puck system

Moonroof

Rapid heat

4.10 gears

Black with Black leather.

Switched to 3.55 Limited slip in January, and switched back to 4.10 limited slip a week ago. 

Ordered a 21, in 2/21... Truck was built May 13. Chip hold. Trucks built May 14 of that year had chips. Found a truck to "get by" with in July of 21. Wasn't what i wanted. But, 22's were being build. Truck i originally ordered was finally shipped to dealer in 9/21. Looked like complete dog crap. So glad i found something to "get by" with. 

Now, basically feeling like a guy is completely forgot about, really makes a guy question why he's been so loyal to ford. And i've owned more Ford vehicles than my wife and i have fingers and toes!

Dealer i ordered from, doesn't even understand why it is the way it is. They have had multiple 23 fleet trucks come in, but mine just sits as "unscheduled clean". 

Told my salesman the other day, if i don't have it by Order banks opening for 24 MY, i'm just going to order a 24, and they can sell the 23 if it ever get's built. 

FYI on timeline. Ordered opening day, large dealer with allocation, was #2 spot on their list so definitely had a slot in their production. F450, HO, Lariat Ultimate, moonroof, pro power, rapid heat. NO spray in liner/mats/front liners etc - Tried to avoid holds. 

Status reset yesterday to "Confirmed" for the day; this morning it is back to normal and actually shows shipped. In Seattle and no expectations on shipping timeframe.

Shows ETA of 4/25-5/1 but IMO it's just a dummy number based 10 days out (like "you're in production, this takes a few days to a week" -sure). In hindsight, I don't think any of the options would have been an issue especially with the early build. However, being built early got it stuck in the holding pattern waiting to pull back out of storage while later-built trucks were rolling off straight to the rails. 

For comparison, I have a Platinum on order thru a small dealer who was up front and told me their allocation was 1 and there was at least one truck ahead of me, so expect to wait for the order to be picked up - No communication other than an "Order Confirmed" email immediately after I placed the order, but know it was submitted. So based on this experience, I believe without allocation the order goes nowhere.

status.jpg

Relieved my 2023 f260 lariat yesterday.  As expected the taillights were not LED as ordered but halogen. When previously speaking with ford about them shipping with halogen they said start a case with the dealer. I gave the dealer 7 pages from the order guide stating LED tails.  I'm also filing a complaint with states attorney General and BBB. Just wondering if anyone else is doing the same or just accepting the fact we were lied to ? Nothing will probably happen, but I'll get to vent.

52 minutes ago, Wizardfitz said:

Relieved my 2023 f260 lariat yesterday.  As expected the taillights were not LED as ordered but halogen. When previously speaking with ford about them shipping with halogen they said start a case with the dealer. I gave the dealer 7 pages from the order guide stating LED tails.  I'm also filing a complaint with states attorney General and BBB. Just wondering if anyone else is doing the same or just accepting the fact we were lied to ? Nothing will probably happen, but I'll get to vent.

I’ll be looking into it myself… I also thought about finding led bulbs on Amazon or f150leds.com… the fact is the price of the truck theses days we should get what we pay for 

21 hours ago, Pugnmat said:

It's officially day 500 for us today, 151 on the carryover. Just nuts. 

I'm at 496 today :). However, I'm lucky enough to have mine ready to pick up at the dealer. I just need to get to Iowa, which will likely be in a week or so. It's been a super frustrating process. I bailed on my original Platinum order because I was tired of waiting and wanted it by this summer. I also didn't want to pay an additional $8k. Ticked about the non-LED taillight thing. My 2017 mid-level Tahoe has LED taillights. I don't see any case against Ford. Everything is subject to change at any time. I suspect that having LED taillights in the order guide, etc. was just a miscommunication between product mgmt and the doc people. Happens all the time.

Anyway, good luck with yours! I'll post some picks when I get it.   

Edited by KevinLK

On 4/15/2023 at 11:26 AM, blackduty said:

I'm honestly thinking FoMoCo seriously hates me....

Dealer i ordered from, doesn't even understand why it is the way it is. They have had multiple 23 fleet trucks come in, but mine just sits as "unscheduled clean"

I understand your frustration however, the Ford Fleet ordering and scheduling process is completely different than that for regular production (Stock, Demo, Retail, A/X/Z/D Plan). In addition, the allocation process for fleet vs. regular production vehicles is completely independent of each other. Your Dealer should know the difference.