reviews of edge begin ...

dtoups

Ford still employs people here. Nissan workers in Smirna don't pay into CPP or OHIP.

Put your dollar where ever your conscience guides you.

What are you saying? Buy only Canadian?

CPP doesn't pay diddly. I will be on the Social Security bandwagon if there is anything left.

Social Security pays way better than CPP. I will not be counting on or need a pension.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell was this thread about again? Once again someone's own personal agenda, screwed up a perfectly good thread.

It is interesting that a positive review from Dan Neil (albeit one filled with laughable errors, such as the belief that this Duratec is remotely related to the previous iteration, etc.), has provoked such a strong and tangential response from Bluecon, the fan of Daimler "Please take our 50,000 brand new 2006s off our hands" Chrysler.

It is interesting that a positive review from Dan Neil (albeit one filled with laughable errors, such as the belief that this Duratec is remotely related to the previous iteration, etc.), has provoked such a strong and tangential response from Bluecon, the fan of Daimler "Please take our 50,000 brand new 2006s off our hands" Chrysler.

When are those 3rd quarter numbers coming out?

What the hell was this thread about again? Once again someone's own personal agenda, screwed up a perfectly good thread.

MYOB

When are those 3rd quarter numbers coming out?

MYOB

Please explain how you can ask people to mind their own business when you hijacked a thread about a positive review of the Edge and somehow turned it into one of your anti-Ford misinformation crusades?

For the record, most of the reviews have been pretty positive, but my guess is <100K units/yr. The CUV market is about to get pretty crowded, and all of the competition looks good right now. As for the comments in C&D about the 3.5L not being up to the standard of the Toyota 3.5L, I would feel a little better about the comment if it were done in a side to side comparison, not just their "memory" of how great the Toyota engine is. I remember the 5.8L from my 85 F150 being one of the best engines I've ever owned, but without a direct head to head that's meaningless.

Trusting that you'll be right...wow...I'm sorry, but has anyone-yourself included-ever been that challenged?

Given Ford's ability to debut SUVs (many, MANY more successes than failures), what will still be a huge dealer network even with some dropping, and the vehicle's dynamics...your head is, indeed, buried underground.

Its pricing and timing will make it able to poach from a couple sements at once.

I see when you need to provide factual info you cut and run.

No BS. Just give me the numbers for the Edge.

Here's numbers:

The Edge $3000 less than the Murano, which is its closest-matching competitor.

20 more hp than the Murano's 245 hp V6.

Those facts are readily available all over the web...try not to add "ridiculously lazy" to "delusional moron", okay?

So what sales numbers are you predicting?

Quit dodging the question.

So you are talking about "facts," yet you are taunting him about providing accurate sales figures for a brand new vehicle that has not even seen the inside of a dealership yet???

Does the word hypocrite mean anything to you???

BTW, CAN WE PLEASE TALK ABOUT THE ACTUAL TOPIC OF THIS THREAD???!!!!!

For Gods sake negatoids............... can one thread actual stay somewhat on topic???? One................... just one????

I never addressed the sales question, I was pointing out that your engine remark was, well, consistent with my expectations of you.

Sales? I won't go there without more production info than I have.

Wait for a year and then predict first year sales.LOL

Quote Zanatwork

"Trusting that you'll be right...wow...I'm sorry, but has anyone-yourself included-ever been that challenged?

Given Ford's ability to debut SUVs (many, MANY more successes than failures), what will still be a huge dealer network even with some dropping, and the vehicle's dynamics...your head is, indeed, buried underground.

Its pricing and timing will make it able to poach from a couple sements at once."

That is pointing out my engine remark?

Nothing in there about engines, just Fords ability to debut SUVs and their huge dealer network and the ability to poach. Seems to me you are implying great sales for the Edge. All BS all the time.

So you are talking about "facts," yet you are taunting him about providing accurate sales figures for a brand new vehicle that has not even seen the inside of a dealership yet???

Does the word hypocrite mean anything to you???

BTW, CAN WE PLEASE TALK ABOUT THE ACTUAL TOPIC OF THIS THREAD???!!!!!

For Gods sake negatoids............... can one thread actual stay somewhat on topic???? One................... just one????

What are you talking about? Nobody is preventing you from adding to the topic of the thread if you want. Get to it.

Edited by Bluecon

Ahhh...the ostrich comes to look dumb again!

Guess what the Edge's real direct competitor is?

(drum roll)...the Nissan Murano! It's the only other 2-row CUV in the same class!

And the much ballyhooed V6 in that vehicle is DOWN 20 hp to the Edge!

Therefore...your remark is more proof of everything I already knew about you.

You fail.

So you're forgetting about this post? Dear God, ostrich boy, you're just gone....

How the hell do you make it red?

Ok, actual sales figures...for what it is worth because as I have said before that is by no means a tell all of a successful vehicle.

They will sell more than 100k. Their sales figure is a lot like G Bush's deficit projection number....he indicates a much higher deficit knowing that under just about any set of circumstances it is lower...thus I he is a genius, etc. etc.

How many ford dealers in the country? 4000? If they sell just three of these a month then that is over 140k a year. Tried checking my automotive news for dealer numbers but think I am pretty close.

Regarding the reviews that are being posted right now...not taking much stock in them...they are all based on the ride and drive out in California this past week. Expect a more thorough review when the production vehicles are tested in the next month.

I used to love car and driver...but think they terrible as I do just about any us magazine. I am huge fan of CAR and Top Gear...you want to read a review-they get in depth, etc.

And still you duck the question.

Back up all that auto genius talk with a prediction.

LOL the only topic I spoke about was the motor, and now I'm "ducking"? You DO have "lying filth" tatooed on your head as a warning to others, right? Show some responsibility!

I'd like production information to put forward an INFORMED (the direct opposite of your usual) opinion. Will this be another slow launch, like the Fusion, or is it full steam ahead?

I can certainly see a 150,000 debut year IF everything is running full tilt from the get-go.

How the hell do you make it red?

Ok, actual sales figures...for what it is worth because as I have said before that is by no means a tell all of a successful vehicle.

They will sell more than 100k. Their sales figure is a lot like G Bush's deficit projection number....he indicates a much higher deficit knowing that under just about any set of circumstances it is lower...thus I he is a genius, etc. etc.

How many ford dealers in the country? 4000? If they sell just three of these a month then that is over 140k a year. Tried checking my automotive news for dealer numbers but think I am pretty close.

Regarding the reviews that are being posted right now...not taking much stock in them...they are all based on the ride and drive out in California this past week. Expect a more thorough review when the production vehicles are tested in the next month.

I used to love car and driver...but think they terrible as I do just about any us magazine. I am huge fan of CAR and Top Gear...you want to read a review-they get in depth, etc.

When you reply you will see a tool bar with B I U S A ,etc.

The B is bold, I italics ,etc. The A is color. Use your mouse to mark the text and click on the A then choose your color.

LOL the only topic I spoke about was the motor, and now I'm "ducking"? You DO have "lying filth" tatooed on your head as a warning to others, right? Show some responsibility!

This is about the motor? Responsibility? Are you denying that you said this?

Quote Zanatwork

"Trusting that you'll be right...wow...I'm sorry, but has anyone-yourself included-ever been that challenged?

Its pricing and timing will make it able to poach from a couple sements at once."

I'd like production information to put forward an INFORMED (the direct opposite of your usual) opinion. Will this be another slow launch, like the Fusion, or is it full steam ahead?

I can certainly see a 150,000 debut year IF everything is running full tilt from the get-go.

Read the OAC employees section to answer that question.

I don't think the market is over 100k. To much competition and new product.

Nissan sold 62k Muranos through the end of September.

The Ford Edge will sell from a broader dealership network, will be aggressively advertised, and will sticker for $2,300 under the Murano with a standard engine boasting 20 more hp on unleaded (not premium).

It will easily best Murano sales figures. Especially since this is a growing segment.

Curiously, for the year, only the Murano and Frontier have posted gains in volume. Every other Nissan product is down.

But hey, good times are just around the corner. Ask Carlos, he'll tell you it's true.

Nissan sold 62k Muranos through the end of September.

The Ford Edge will sell from a broader dealership network, will be aggressively advertised, and will sticker for $2,300 under the Murano with a standard engine boasting 20 more hp on unleaded (not premium).

It will easily best Murano sales figures. Especially since this is a growing segment.

Curiously, for the year, only the Murano and Frontier have posted gains in volume. Every other Nissan product is down.

But hey, good times are just around the corner. Ask Carlos, he'll tell you it's true.

Lots of other competition besides the Murano. They better sell a lot more than 62k of the Edge.

Hey good times for Ford are just around the corner. Ask RJ, he'll tell you it's true.

Bluecon...I don't get why you think the Edge is such a crappy vehicle. Have you driven one yet? Reading what you have said over and over about this CUV is that it is pretty much a piece of junk. Why? How much horsepower do you think it needs? 300? 400? Do you think the build materials are poor quality? The styling too bland? What could have Ford done with this thing to make you love it? Why are other crossovers like the Murano and Pacifica so much better?

I ask these questions because I don't see why you think it is such a failure and it has not even been on a lot for sale yet. I know in your opinion DCX is doing way better and is very successful with everything they have done, but I don't see why the Edge isn't a good CUV.

Sales numbers...who knows? My guess is over 100,000 and under 150,000.

Did you also feel that the 1991 Explorer was a failure when launched in 1990? Many did at the time.

You might be right, it might be a total hunk of underpowered, poorly built junk with a capital J, but I don't see how you can say it's already a failure before it even hits the dealer lots.

Bluecon...I don't get why you think the Edge is such a crappy vehicle. Have you driven one yet? Reading what you have said over and over about this CUV is that it is pretty much a piece of junk. Why? How much horsepower do you think it needs? 300? 400? Do you think the build materials are poor quality? The styling too bland? What could have Ford done with this thing to make you love it? Why are other crossovers like the Murano and Pacifica so much better?

I ask these questions because I don't see why you think it is such a failure and it has not even been on a lot for sale yet. I know in your opinion DCX is doing way better and is very successful with everything they have done, but I don't see why the Edge isn't a good CUV.

Sales numbers...who knows? My guess is over 100,000 and under 150,000.

Did you also feel that the 1991 Explorer was a failure when launched in 1990? Many did at the time.

You might be right, it might be a total hunk of underpowered, poorly built junk with a capital J, but I don't see how you can say it's already a failure before it even hits the dealer lots.

Where did I say it was a "crappy vehicle"? Hint-- nowhere!!

I am surprised 2 reviews have been negative on the engine.

Please don't make these things up.

The problem with the vehicle is it is coming into a crowded competitive and somewhat limited market.

It is not going to have the numbers to save Ford.

The problem with the vehicle is it is coming into a crowded competitive and somewhat limited market.

It is not going to have the numbers to save Ford.

This is probably the first time I agree with you on anything, but hopefully Ford isn't leaning on the Edge/MKX to "save" them, just to help bring them back towards profitability. Everyone knows that Ford has many more holes in their current product lineup than just a competent midsize CUV, and gradually those will be addressed. My problem with your attitude on this website is you seem to think that if Ford isn't turned around in the next month or so then they are doomed, and that just isn't the case.

This is probably the first time I agree with you on anything, but hopefully Ford isn't leaning on the Edge/MKX to "save" them, just to help bring them back towards profitability.

Ford expects about 100k from the Edge. I think they should have no problem. They have a ready customer base in Escape, Explorer, and Expedition owners. And 20,000 dealer orders already.

Also, this is a growing segment, not a shrinking one. Therefore, the number of entries isn't as important, as they are all trying to carve out niches for themselves.