2024 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

On 8/10/2023 at 1:42 PM, blackduty said:

When does everyone think we will start to see scheduling emails, or when our dealers will hear on scheduling?

I know i ordered my 2024 on 7/17, and got the confirmation email from Ford on 7/18. And in their they have their "promise to you" that you would hear from them within 45 days. So i'm thinking that will be around Friday Sept 1. More than likely they will be scheduling on Thursday August 31. And supposedly on 10/2 they are starting production on the 2024. 

So just curious what others are thinking on when we will hear about 2024's being scheduled. 

The 2023 i ordered on 10/27 is finally being built this week. But i've already confirmed with the dealer that i won't be taking it, and will hopefully win the lottery on the 24 being built much sooner. I just can't wrap my head around taking delivery of a 2023 around Sept 1 and the 2024 will be produced a month later. That truck would be a model year old already. Depreciation would hit pretty hard, very fast. 

23 i ordered was a F350 CC Lariat, Ultimate package, DRW, 6.7 HO Black on black. And basically ordered a 24, the same thing, but in a F450. 

I ordered a 250 Lariat on 12/14 and I was notified on January 11th that I was scheduled to be built the week of February 26th. I just received an updated schedule that my truck is now being built the week of February 12th. 

2024 Lariat SRW, crew cab, chrome package, moon roof, FX-4, Anti matter blue with Baja interior. Sounds like +/- 30 days to transport to the dealership.

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Ford's vehicle status reporting systems will often show the vehicle status as "in production" while still in the "locked in" status just before actual production starts. 

Thanks for the info, I'm almost there!

Been doing this for way to long.  Ordered a F 450 KR 11/19/2021...

Was reordered by dealer  Dec 2022.  Priorty code set by ford 01 some where down the line.

Re ordered Oct/ Nov 2023 priorty code now 10. Whats up with that. ???

Fleet guy I ordered from now gone selling boats , new rookie taking over. O boy, he is just a sales man and is lost. 

We are on 2 years and 2 months +.  Any Ideas Guys and Ladys

11 hours ago, Firedog99t said:

Been doing this for way to long.  Ordered a F 450 KR 11/19/2021...

Was reordered by dealer  Dec 2022.  Priorty code set by ford 01 some where down the line.

Re ordered Oct/ Nov 2023 priorty code now 10. Whats up with that. ???

Fleet guy I ordered from now gone selling boats , new rookie taking over. O boy, he is just a sales man and is lost. 

We are on 2 years and 2 months +.  Any Ideas Guys and Ladys

I'd recommend dealing directly with the sales manager or general manager so that they can contact their Ford Zone Manager to have your order re-prioritized to expedite scheduling considering the length of time you've been waiting, even considering all the commodity and supply chain issues that were major factors during the wait. In addition, review your order specifications carefully to make sure that there are no errors prior to the order being re-prioritized. 

Most sales representatives, especially rookies, are not familiar with the retail order process or have access to the resources available. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

I ordered my 2024 F-350 on July 18, the day after the order banks opened, and yesterday finally received the email that it has been scheduled for production the week of Feb 19. Fingers crossed that the production date doesn't get pushed back but at this point I'm just happy to have a VIN# and not be stuck waiting to see if it ever gets scheduled at all.

F-350 King Ranch

6.7l Diesel

Crew Cab, Long Bed

FX4/3.55 EL Axle

All weather floor mats

5th Wheel Prep

Clearance Lights

Spray in bedliner

tempsnip.png

• Like 1

Well i got Vin number, build date of 2/12 was built on 2/13 now sitting in a parking lot waiting a control module, i figured when you got a build date they had all necessary parts to build that vehicle.  

On 2/20/2024 at 7:22 AM, TP22 said:

Well i got Vin number, build date of 2/12 was built on 2/13 now sitting in a parking lot waiting a control module, i figured when you got a build date they had all necessary parts to build that vehicle.  

How do you know it's waiting on a control module? Does the tracking timeline actually say that? 

On 2/1/2024 at 8:40 AM, ice-capades said:

I always recommend contacting the Dealer directly for status updates as they have 24/7 access to the most recent updates. 

Dealer says it was built 2/8/24 and shows offsite. Ford app still shows in production. Dealer says my expected delivery date is 3/10-3/15.

7 hours ago, ValorTug said:

Dealer says it was built 2/8/24 and shows offsite. Ford app still shows in production. Dealer says my expected delivery date is 3/10-3/15.

It could be waiting for parts or installation of options (Spray-In Bedliner, etc.) installed at an off-site facility. 

Edited by ice-capades

On 2/20/2024 at 10:22 AM, TP22 said:

My build date was the 15th. Haven't heard much but got an email from Ford saying:

"

We want to provide you with the latest update on your Super Duty F‑250 Lariat vehicle order. We’ve made great progress on your new Ford vehicle but have unfortunately experienced unexpected delays.

Rest assured, our team is diligently addressing these challenges to complete your vehicle as soon as possible. We genuinely appreciate your understanding and patience during this time and will continue to provide regular updates every step of the way." Perhaps I'm waiting for parts too. It doesn't say "built" but rather, "Your vehicle is still being built" They also prompt you to use the link to your window sticker further down the page. There's no link. 

We ordered a 2024 F350 Lariat in late October and received confirmation the next day. So far we have received 2 of the update emails stating we are diligently working on your order and you will hear from us within another 45 days. We do know the dealer moved the priority from 12 to 8 in January. This is our first time ordering a truck. Any ideas or suggestions of when we will get a build date would be greatly appreciated. Thank You  

1 hour ago, AJNaq98 said:

We ordered a 2024 F350 Lariat in late October and received confirmation the next day. So far we have received 2 of the update emails stating we are diligently working on your order and you will hear from us within another 45 days. We do know the dealer moved the priority from 12 to 8 in January. This is our first time ordering a truck. Any ideas or suggestions of when we will get a build date would be greatly appreciated. Thank You  

Depending on the size of the dealership and how many retail Super Duty orders are ahead of yours, I would have expected your Dealer to have changed your priority code to 03 which is the lowest retail priority code that Dealers can assign. I would contact the sales or general manager directly regarding your order's priority code and also ask about them contacting their Regional Zone Representative to have your order re-prioritized to either 01 or 02. 

In addition, I'd ask the Dealer about any commodity issues that are preventing your order from getting scheduled after this time. Ford provides information on commodity restraints multiple times per week which your Dealer can review for specific information. 

Do not rely on information from a sales representative as many, or most, are not familiar with the retail order process or have access to the resources available to provide the information you require. 

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered my 2024 F350 8 foot box SRW Platinum Rapid Red std Deisel yesterday.  I got the Email with the order confirmation today March 20, 2024.  Now I guess I just need to wait.  Does anyone know how to get the priority number assigned?

5 hours ago, 24Markr3dplat said:

I ordered my 2024 F350 8 foot box SRW Platinum Rapid Red std Deisel yesterday.  I got the Email with the order confirmation today March 20, 2024.  Now I guess I just need to wait.  Does anyone know how to get the priority number assigned?

The Dealer assigns the priority code as part of the ordering process. Orders cannot be submitted without a priority code. 

7 hours ago, 24Markr3dplat said:

Did you not receive an Order Preview sheet, showing all the equipment and Priority level?

HRG

23 Mav Order Preview.JPG

• Like 2

I'm going on 8 months now since order, it's been bumped twice now for expected delivery date. As of yesterday, my dealer says 3/24-3/30 for bee expected delivery date. My order is a F450 H.O 6.7 Lariat with the Ultimate Pkg for the big items.