2024 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

2 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Your Dealer has 24/7 access to your vehicle's latest status information including shipping method, rail carrier and rail car number, location, dispatch from the final rail ramp destination and updated ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) at the dealership.  

Thanks! I just got off the phone with sales manager and he said it's still in Kansas City. New arrival date is 4/5 to 4/11.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ValorTug said:

Thanks! I just got off the phone with sales manager and he said it's still in Kansas City. New arrival date is 4/5 to 4/11.

My dealer also sent me screenshots from their VINview system while it was in transit.  After waiting a year and a half, it was a very welcome site to finally "see" something concrete!

VINview_1_blur.jpg

Edited by ddb
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 12:31 PM, ice-capades said:

Depending on the size of the dealership and how many retail Super Duty orders are ahead of yours, I would have expected your Dealer to have changed your priority code to 03 which is the lowest retail priority code that Dealers can assign. I would contact the sales or general manager directly regarding your order's priority code and also ask about them contacting their Regional Zone Representative to have your order re-prioritized to either 01 or 02. 

In addition, I'd ask the Dealer about any commodity issues that are preventing your order from getting scheduled after this time. Ford provides information on commodity restraints multiple times per week which your Dealer can review for specific information. 

Do not rely on information from a sales representative as many, or most, are not familiar with the retail order process or have access to the resources available to provide the information you require. 

Thank You for the advice. We contacted the dealership manager and the priority code was upgraded for a 2nd time. We received an email last Thursday with a production week of May 13 and it was updated yesterday to April 22!! Now my question is what type of time frame are we looking at to receive the truck? Tks

8 minutes ago, AJNaq98 said:

Thank You for the advice. We contacted the dealership manager and the priority code was upgraded for a 2nd time. We received an email last Thursday with a production week of May 13 and it was updated yesterday to April 22!! Now my question is what type of time frame are we looking at to receive the truck? Tks

Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the VINview reporting system that provides the latest status information including updated scheduling, production, shipping and dealership ETA. There are a lot of factors involved that can cause changes such as your vehicle's specifications, Ford's additional inspections after production, rail car availability, etc. Your Dealer can provide you with a copy of the latest VINview status information.

Hello everyone! Joined the group today as my dealer and I figured out some bad news. I ordered a 2024 Platinum SD on July 18 2023, the day the order banks opened for the 2024 models. I was put on a priority 19 code. Over this passed weekend I received an email that my truck was built and pending shipment. However, I noticed that something was missing on the build list, power deployable running boards.... Sure enough, I called my dealer today and they mistakenly did not add them to the build... For a $100K truck, they need to be on there. Instead of going the aftermarket route (because I want the boards from the factory so they're integrated into the dash controls), we placed a new order today, with priority code 10. Anyone on here have a priority code 10 and what the lead time is for being built? They're even uncertain if my new order will even be built as a 2024. I'm fine if it's pushed to 2025, but I'm just hoping all the options I chose would be available including Antimatter blue. I feel like they've had the color for a long time and it would be my luck they phase it out this year. 

3 minutes ago, SDJones24 said:

Hello everyone! Joined the group today as my dealer and I figured out some bad news. I ordered a 2024 Platinum SD on July 18 2023, the day the order banks opened for the 2024 models. I was put on a priority 19 code. Over this passed weekend I received an email that my truck was built and pending shipment. However, I noticed that something was missing on the build list, power deployable running boards.... Sure enough, I called my dealer today and they mistakenly did not add them to the build... For a $100K truck, they need to be on there. Instead of going the aftermarket route (because I want the boards from the factory so they're integrated into the dash controls), we placed a new order today, with priority code 10. Anyone on here have a priority code 10 and what the lead time is for being built? They're even uncertain if my new order will even be built as a 2024. I'm fine if it's pushed to 2025, but I'm just hoping all the options I chose would be available including Antimatter blue. I feel like they've had the color for a long time and it would be my luck they phase it out this year. 

Your Dealer should have provided you with a copy of the vehicle specifications for your review which could have prevented this error. I'm not encouraged about your Dealer's performance from what you've written. 

The default priority code for retail orders is 19. Dealers have to manually assign a lower priority code. The lowest priority code for customer retail orders was 10, but the process was revised some time ago allowing Dealers to assign a retail order priority code as low as 03. In your case, the Dealer should be in contact with their Regional Scheduler, usually via the Ford Zone Manager, to have your order reprioritized for expedited scheduling. 

7 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Your Dealer should have provided you with a copy of the vehicle specifications for your review which could have prevented this error. I'm not encouraged about your Dealer's performance from what you've written. 

The default priority code for retail orders is 19. Dealers have to manually assign a lower priority code. The lowest priority code for customer retail orders was 10, but the process was revised some time ago allowing Dealers to assign a retail order priority code as low as 03. In your case, the Dealer should be in contact with their Regional Scheduler, usually via the Ford Zone Manager, to have your order reprioritized for expedited scheduling. 

So my dealer actually said that when they were building my truck in the order system, since I had the tremor package selected, the power running boards show up as $0, as he was going down the list of the items I added, he did not catch that option as he was only looking at the line items that showed an added $$ amount. 

I appreciated them being upfront, but I hate that it was caught so late. We placed the second order today, at priority 10, and just wondered if anyone thinks it will even be built as a 2024 model or if it’s too late in 24 and it will eventually be cancelled and/or changed to a 2025. I mentioned what you said about reaching out to the regional manager and they told me that’s what they had already done. I’ve ordered 2 trucks with this dealership and I know the owner personally. He told me there’s a chance that it doesn’t get built, but they would do everything they can to expedite this order. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SDJones24 said:

So my dealer actually said that when they were building my truck in the order system, since I had the tremor package selected, the power running boards show up as $0, as he was going down the list of the items I added, he did not catch that option as he was only looking at the line items that showed an added $$ amount. 

I appreciated them being upfront, but I hate that it was caught so late. We placed the second order today, at priority 10, and just wondered if anyone thinks it will even be built as a 2024 model or if it’s too late in 24 and it will eventually be cancelled and/or changed to a 2025. I mentioned what you said about reaching out to the regional manager and they told me that’s what they had already done. I’ve ordered 2 trucks with this dealership and I know the owner personally. He told me there’s a chance that it doesn’t get built, but they would do everything they can to expedite this order. Fingers crossed. 

If your Dealer has a number of other retail orders in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) at the same priority code, 10 or lower, your order could easily get overlooked. Multiple orders at the same priority code are treated equally and the order system will schedule the order that's the easiest to schedule. You need to stay on top of your Dealer to make sure they get the priority code changed, preferably with the regional office's assistance.  

My 2023 F450 Limited got cancelled after 10 months wait last year had a priority code 19. My 2024 F450 limited replacement had a 10 if I recall. The new order (from a new dealer with higher allocations) took 6 months up to delivery in Northern Michigan from Kentucky. I just got mine about 30 days ago. This is my 3rd one since 2020 and I love it. Silver with the Limited choice of Blue Leather is just gorgeous!

My only complaint is the License Plate the dealer put on it. It was supposed to be transferred off my 22 with a "park" sticker that i had. They somehow managed to put an "elected 24k" plate on it. Now towing without a CDL anything over 2001lbs if a flag for me. If anyone knows how I get them to fix it or what to tell them, please fire away. 

I ordered a 2024 F-350 Super Duty XL 4x4 Powerstroke on February 13, 2024 with an order priority code 10. The same day I had an email confirmation of my order and that I would from hear from Ford w/in the next 45 days. I visited the Dealership on February 24, 2024 and the Sales Manager said that my order should be scheduled rather quickly because I requested so few options. I have been following your forum regarding the changes to the priority code system for 2024 (dealership assignment as high as priority code 03) as well as recommendations to request the Dealership to contact the Ford Regional Zone Representative to request a re-prioritization to a priority code 01 or 02. On March 19, 2024, at your suggestion, I emailed the sales manager with my request for contacting the Ford Rep with no response. On Friday, March 29, 2024, I received an email from Ford, at the 45 day mark, that they are working on my Scheduled Build Date and they would contact me again at least in the next 45 days. Yesterday, April 2, 2024, I visited the Dealership and spoke to the Sale Representative and asked about my email request of March 19, no response, and any information what be causing the delay. Today, the person who was the Sales Manager, now in the finance dept. said that my order is now "Unscheduled Clear" status. He said he would have the Fleet Manager contact me so I could discuss my request regarding re-prioritization. Shortly thereafter, the Sales Rep called me and said the order would probably take 4 to 6 months and in not so many words the Fleet Manager will not contact the Ford Regional Zone Representative to have my order re-prioritized to code 01 or 02. According the the Sales Rep "That's just the way it is."  At this point I don't know what to do. Can I go to another Dealership and resubmit my order, or am I stuck with where I am at.

Edited by MJohnN
spelling errors

18 hours ago, MJohnN said:

I ordered a 2024 F-350 Super Duty XL 4x4 Powerstroke on February 13, 2024 with an order priority code 10. The same day I had an email confirmation of my order and that I would from hear from Ford w/in the next 45 days. I visited the Dealership on February 24, 2024 and the Sales Manager said that my order should be scheduled rather quickly because I requested so few options. I have been following your forum regarding the changes to the priority code system for 2024 (dealership assignment as high as priority code 03) as well as recommendations to request the Dealership to contact the Ford Regional Zone Representative to request a re-prioritization to a priority code 01 or 02. On March 19, 2024, at your suggestion, I emailed the sales manager with my request for contacting the Ford Rep with no response. On Friday, March 29, 2024, I received an email from Ford, at the 45 day mark, that they are working on my Scheduled Build Date and they would contact me again at least in the next 45 days. Yesterday, April 2, 2024, I visited the Dealership and spoke to the Sale Representative and asked about my email request of March 19, no response, and any information what be causing the delay. Today, the person who was the Sales Manager, now in the finance dept. said that my order is now "Unscheduled Clear" status. He said he would have the Fleet Manager contact me so I could discuss my request regarding re-prioritization. Shortly thereafter, the Sales Rep called me and said the order would probably take 4 to 6 months and in not so many words the Fleet Manager will not contact the Ford Regional Zone Representative to have my order re-prioritized to code 01 or 02. According the the Sales Rep "That's just the way it is."  At this point I don't know what to do. Can I go to another Dealership and resubmit my order, or am I stuck with where I am at.

It's never a good sign when a customer's e-mail to the sales manager generates no reply.

All orders submitted to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) will show "Unscheduled/Clean" status as long as there are no errors in the order.

Dealerships that have a Fleet Manager are usually large enough to justify the position and do not usually get involved with retail orders. 

Sales Representatives are not usually experienced enough with the retail order process to provide accurate information. As such, you should deal directly with management and go as high as you need to in order to get the proper level of attention and action. If the Fleet Manger is now managing your order and refuses to contact the Ford Zone Manager regarding reprioritizing your order, you need to talk to the General Manager or Dealer Principal regarding the mismanagement of your order. A reply of "That's just the way it is" is not acceptable. 

Your order is recent enough that I'd seriously recommend considering placing your order with another dealership. 

It finally showed up at dealer this morning!!! After 8 months from ordering, it arrived! It still needs spray in bedliner and PDI, but I get to bring her home tomorrow!  Dealer sent me this pic early this morning.

image.thumb.jpeg.2442e9be779e326cb042b99ff395b1b0.jpeg

• Like 2

I ordered a F350 CCSB SRW Lariat Ultimate 7.3 in mid March.  Heard from Ford last week that the build will be near the end of May.  Today they sent an email saying it has been moved to early May.  Not sure how long it will take to ship, I imagine I will get it some where in the beginning of June.  I hope.

cheers,

Czar

On 4/9/2024 at 8:59 PM, Czar of the North said:

I ordered a F350 CCSB SRW Lariat Ultimate 7.3 in mid March.  Heard from Ford last week that the build will be near the end of May.  Today they sent an email saying it has been moved to early May.  Not sure how long it will take to ship, I imagine I will get it some where in the beginning of June.  I hope.

cheers,

Czar

From all I've gathered by reading this forum, added to my own personal experience, whatever Ford corporate tells you is misinformation at best.  My truck should be a relatively simple, quick build. F250 XLT crew 4x4 7.3 gasser. Your truck sounds ( I could be wrong) like a tough build because:

1 It's an F350

2 Higher trim level chip (and other) shortages

Here is my timeline:

12/15/23 Place order at dealer.  (Priority code 19)  (small local dealer new to Ford)

1/11/24 Ford email says "Vehicle scheduled to be built week of 2/26" (so far so good)

1/30/24 Ford email says "Vehicle build date moved up to week of 2/12 "(ooh, that sounds even better!)

2/28/24 Ford email says " Vehicle taking longer to build than we thought "(OH, SH#T that doesn't sound good)

3/6/24 Ford email says "Vehicle is built" (Whoo hoo!)  I try to track using Ford tracker link sent in email----No dice!  It fills in my dealer order number and VIN, but when I click the "track my order" it tells me "session expired, please refresh page".  So I refresh the page.  DOESN'T work! 

I don't sweat it because surely they can surely ship a built truck 180 miles from the factory to my dealer in 40 days, right?

3/28/24 Spring farm season is here and I 'm going to need my 3/4 ton to pull my 16000 lb seed tender trailer. (My old 3/4 ton died)  So I call my dealer for an update on order status and they tell me they will call me the next day.  So I chat with Ford Support online.  He can't tell me the truck's location, but gives me a dealer delivery estimate of 4/1 to 4/5

3/29/24 Dealer salesman returns call and says "well, it looks like it is on the move".  I ask him where it is.  He can't tell , but says the expected dealer date is around 4/1to 4/ 5. What a relief. It looks like it will be here just in time.  But why can't he find truck's exact location?

4/2/24  Ford email says "Vehicle is built". (Wait a minute.. you already built it, right)? WTF????  YOU EMAILED ME ON 3/6 AND SAID IT WAS BUILT ALREADY!

4/12/24 I chat with Ford customer support once again.  After I explain that even with all my efforts, my dealer efforts, and the effort of Ford support,  no one can come up with an actual location of my truck.  Was it built except waiting on a part to put on before final delivery? So she advises that I try to track it, or call my dealer, or contact new vehicle services. I ask her if she listened to a single thing I said.  I just got done telling her all those avenues have been a dead end.  How can you call it customer service if you suggest I try all the things that I just told you DID NOT WORK!  I asked to speak to a superior, but, alas, Ford doesn't allow chat agents to transfer calls.  What a load of BS!  No wonder I see ZERO new super duty trucks in my area anymore.  My last 4 trucks were new Fords.  I may have to walk away with my tail between my legs like a whooped pup and abandon them like they did me.  I could leave my $500 order deposit at the dealer and go buy a competitor at 10% below sticker and still save a ton.  I realize others have waited longer.  I honestly would not care except for the fact that they misinformed me about build completion in the first place, and I placed my trust on that misinformation of it being built, not seeking an alternate vehicle to rent in the meantime.

So I guess I'll try to reach the New Vehicle Support Team.

Edited by Dirty Old Farmer
Mistyped a date

Just had a chat with the General Sales Manager about my order and the priority codes available for 2024 Super Duty orders (3 to 19). He was not familiar. He said he talked to the Fleet Manager, who has been with Ford for 17 years, and the Fleet manager said the best priority code is 10. I cited the Blue Oval Forum as my source and also a video produced by Jorge Lopez Tomball Ford on July 21, 2023 indicating the change to priority codes for 2024 Super Duty orders.

I also discussed contacting the Ford Regional Zone Representative and requesting a re-prioritization to a Priority Code 01 or 02. He was unfamiliar with the process or even how to contact the Ford Regional Zone Representative. He asked if there was a telephone number posted on the Blue Oval Forum for the Representative, I said no. I pointed out there are different zone representatives throughout the country and this is only for a Dealership to make contact.

To his credit, the General Sales Manager said he would pursue this, i.e., finding out how to contact the Ford Regional Zone Representative, and would be getting back to me.

Thank you to Ice-capades for responding to me comment of April 3.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MJohnN said:

Just had a chat with the General Sales Manager about my order and the priority codes available for 2024 Super Duty orders (3 to 19). He was not familiar. He said he talked to the Fleet Manager, who has been with Ford for 17 years, and the Fleet manager said the best priority code is 10. I cited the Blue Oval Forum as my source and also a video produced by Jorge Lopez Tomball Ford on July 21, 2023 indicating the change to priority codes for 2024 Super Duty orders.

I also discussed contacting the Ford Regional Zone Representative and requesting a re-prioritization to a Priority Code 01 or 02. He was unfamiliar with the process or even how to contact the Ford Regional Zone Representative. He asked if there was a telephone number posted on the Blue Oval Forum for the Representative, I said no. I pointed out there are different zone representatives throughout the country and this is only for a Dealership to make contact.

To his credit, the General Sales Manager said he would pursue this, i.e., finding out how to contact the Ford Regional Zone Representative, and would be getting back to me.

Thank you to Ice-capades for responding to me comment of April 3.

I'll have to disagree a bit with @akirby on this one. It goes well beyond borderline incompetence!

The GSM shouldn't have asked the Fleet Manager for advice as the fleet order process is completely different from the retail order process, with priority codes that indicate a requested production week and a lot of other differences. And a GSM that doesn't know about the new retail order priority codes, how to contact the Ford Zone Manager, about retail order priority codes and reprioritizing at the regional level, etc... inexcusable!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I'll have to disagree a bit with @akirby on this one. It goes well beyond borderline incompetence!

The GSM shouldn't have asked the Fleet Manager for advice as the fleet order process is completely different from the retail order process, with priority codes that indicate a requested production week and a lot of other differences. And a GSM that doesn't know about the new retail order priority codes, how to contact the Ford Zone Manager, about retail order priority codes and reprioritizing at the regional level, etc... inexcusable!

My dealer just recently got a Ford franchise,  and I really want to deal local to help them to survive.   I was assigned priority code19.  My order seemed to be processed quickly, but truck was built maybe a little slower than some.  All in all not too long for getting it built.  My frustration lies in the fact that my truck was apparently completed on 3/6, but seems to be stuck awaiting shipment from the Lousville factory.  The count now stands at 38 days.  Estimated delivery date has been pushed back again and again.  My question to you ice-capades: does priority code also play a role in the determination of shipping priority?  If I could get my dealer to inquire on my behalf to zone magement could priority code lowering make any difference at this stage for expediting shipment?

3 minutes ago, Dirty Old Farmer said:

My dealer just recently got a Ford franchise, and I really want to deal local to help them to survive.   I was assigned priority code19.  My order seemed to be processed quickly, but truck was built maybe a little slower than some.  All in all, not too long for getting it built.  My frustration lies in the fact that my truck was apparently completed on 3/6 but seems to be stuck awaiting shipment from the Louisville factory.  The count now stands at 38 days.  Estimated delivery date has been pushed back again and again.  My question to you ice-capades: does priority code also play a role in the determination of shipping priority?  If I could get my dealer to inquire on my behalf to zone management could priority code lowering make any difference at this stage for expediting shipment?

Priority codes only apply to unscheduled orders. Once the order is scheduled, priority codes have no function. Ford has substantially increased its attention to quality control issues and has been holding produced vehicles for additional inspections, repairs to identified issues, software upgrades, etc. in order to reduce issues that have to be addressed at the dealership level and to reduce the related expenses. 

Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the VINView reporting system which provides the latest status updates including vehicle location, shipping release notifications, rail car carrier and rail car number, dealership ETA, etc. The VINView system provides the latest information available and is more accurate and timely compared to Ford e-mail notifications.

Within the past few days, Ford announced a major shipping release for F-Series vehicles. As such, your Dealer should have updated information on your vehicle very soon.   

Almost 9 months after my initial order and two months after the build week my F-350 has showed up! Got to the dealer Thursday night and I picked it up Friday afternoon. Absolutely loving this thing, a huge upgrade from my 2009 F-150. The antimatter blue is a lot darker than I thought it would be, wasn't until I got it under the garage lights that the blue really popped on it

20240412_172822.jpg

20240412_192132.jpg

20240412_195513.jpg

Edited by catengi
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Priority codes only apply to unscheduled orders. Once the order is scheduled, priority codes have no function. Ford has substantially increased its attention to quality control issues and has been holding produced vehicles for additional inspections, repairs to identified issues, software upgrades, etc. in order to reduce issues that have to be addressed at the dealership level and to reduce the related expenses. 

Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the VINView reporting system which provides the latest status updates including vehicle location, shipping release notifications, rail car carrier and rail car number, dealership ETA, etc. The VINView system provides the latest information available and is more accurate and timely compared to Ford e-mail notifications.

Within the past few days, Ford announced a major shipping release for F-Series vehicles. As such, your Dealer should have updated information on your vehicle very soon.   

Thank you very much.  All very useful information.   BTW, your bio info sounds like you possibly have had the most interesting life of anyone I 've heard. Ever consider an autobiography?  I certainly share your interest in music and sound reproduction, but my ice skating is WEAK!  Sorry so off topic. 

• Thanks 1

This is what my dealer sent me from the New York Zone Manager. truck says built 3/10 awaiting shipment. been over a month.

when i talked with the dealer they told me it was released and on ramp. some one is lying to me

i am thinking it being held for a reason but ccan not get a clear answer

As we spoke, the unit D02732 has been marked as “HOT”, and is currently in the plant in Kentucky, waiting to be released. As soon as we have an ETA, we will let you know.

Regards!

1 hour ago, Devon said:

This is what my dealer sent me from the New York Zone Manager. truck says built 3/10 awaiting shipment. been over a month.

when i talked with the dealer they told me it was released and on ramp. some one is lying to me

i am thinking it being held for a reason but ccan not get a clear answer

As we spoke, the unit D02732 has been marked as “HOT”, and is currently in the plant in Kentucky, waiting to be released. As soon as we have an ETA, we will let you know.

Regards!

Ford recently announced a major shipping release for F-Series vehicles that had been held for various reasons. 

Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the VINView reporting system that provides the latest vehicle status including vehicle location, shipping release, rail carrier and rail car number, dealership ETA, etc. Your Dealer can send you a copy of the actual report. 

Retail orders are automatically flagged as "HOT" to help expedite delivery, in addition to the green Window Stickers that identify retail orders. 

Do not rely on sales representatives for status information. Most are not experienced with the retail order process and/or have access to the resources available. Deal directly with the sales manager or higher. 

I ordered my 24 F450 XLT HO Single cab in white, spray bedliner, bed light, gooseneck package, tailgate step, 360 cam on April 9th 2024. I have the conformation email that the order was placed. I'm currently in the 45 day period where I am waiting on the next update. Anyone have any thoughts on what I should expect on build time? I'm hearing 3 - 12 months...