2024 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

On 4/16/2024 at 8:18 AM, ice-capades said:

Ford recently announced a major shipping release for F-Series vehicles that had been held for various reasons. 

Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the VINView reporting system that provides the latest vehicle status including vehicle location, shipping release, rail carrier and rail car number, dealership ETA, etc. Your Dealer can send you a copy of the actual report. 

Retail orders are automatically flagged as "HOT" to help expedite delivery, in addition to the green Window Stickers that identify retail orders. 

Do not rely on sales representatives for status information. Most are not experienced with the retail order process and/or have access to the resources available. Deal directly with the sales manager or higher. 

I hope me venting my frustrations on this forum about my small delay hasn't been contagious. My truck was released from Louisville plant and I received my truck yesterday, nearly 4 months to the day after placing my order at the dealer.  Pretty darn quick, but sure felt like an eternity when I really need it for my job soon. (Literally TODAY)  It's easy for me to tell you to trust the system, though bugged it may be, and to remain patient. Especially since that my truck is now in my possesion.   I made all kinds of borderline offensive comments about how the company I trusted seemed to be losing my respect, and also about how I felt abandoned after being such a loyal customer for 30 plus years.

Ford, I owe you an apology.  Because I LOVE my new truck! 

On 4/16/2024 at 8:18 AM, ice-capades said:

Ford recently announced a major shipping release for F-Series vehicles that had been held for various reasons. 

Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the VINView reporting system that provides the latest vehicle status including vehicle location, shipping release, rail carrier and rail car number, dealership ETA, etc. Your Dealer can send you a copy of the actual report. 

Retail orders are automatically flagged as "HOT" to help expedite delivery, in addition to the green Window Stickers that identify retail orders. 

Do not rely on sales representatives for status information. Most are not experienced with the retail order process and/or have access to the resources available. Deal directly with the sales manager or higher. 

20240416_133249.jpg

• Like 3

On 4/16/2024 at 7:08 AM, Devon said:

This is what my dealer sent me from the New York Zone Manager. truck says built 3/10 awaiting shipment. been over a month.

when i talked with the dealer they told me it was released and on ramp. some one is lying to me

i am thinking it being held for a reason but ccan not get a clear answer

As we spoke, the unit D02732 has been marked as “HOT”, and is currently in the plant in Kentucky, waiting to be released. As soon as we have an ETA, we will let you know.

Regards!

A buddy of mine had the same issue, his was built but not shipping due to a part that was needed before the truck was considered complete.

Well, well, well…

Wonders never cease.

the wife snapped this pic from behind the dealership this evening.  I’m heading back into town now to confirm the VIN.  I still won’t believe it until I see it.

IMG_9520.jpeg

IMG_9519.jpeg

IMG_6925.jpeg

Edited by Big_Daddy

On 2/8/2024 at 6:07 AM, ice-capades said:

I'd recommend dealing directly with the sales manager or general manager so that they can contact their Ford Zone Manager to have your order re-prioritized to expedite scheduling considering the length of time you've been waiting, even considering all the commodity and supply chain issues that were major factors during the wait. In addition, review your order specifications carefully to make sure that there are no errors prior to the order being re-prioritized. 

Most sales representatives, especially rookies, are not familiar with the retail order process or have access to the resources available. 

@ice-capades, at what point would you recommend this be done?  The person you responded to obviously had waited a truly unreasonably long time.  I ordered F450 Limited on 9/20/23.  I know the built percentage of F450s is low, and those that are Limiteds are even lower.  I do know my dealer has plenty of allocations, but they also place all orders at a priority 19.  From what I understand, placing all orders at 19 is not an issue in and of itself, because technically no one is ahead of you and, if I understand correctly, Ford will then go by the order date.  However, I have also read that Ford will just take the easiest one to build.  At least theoretically, am I basically waiting for all others to be scheduled that were order before mine (i.e., that are easier to build due to plenty of parts availability)?

So, just wondering what you would recommend?  I am not in a hurry to get the truck as far as a need to have it right now, so part of me is okay with a longer wait time because it just gives me more time to save money for a down payment.  However, I would rather not have it rollover into the 25 MY as I hear that the seat color will be changing to more of a gray vs. the admiral blue.

49 minutes ago, bcurrie100 said:

@ice-capades, at what point would you recommend this be done?  The person you responded to obviously had waited a truly unreasonably long time.  I ordered F450 Limited on 9/20/23.  I know the built percentage of F450s is low, and those that are Limiteds are even lower.  I do know my dealer has plenty of allocations, but they also place all orders at a priority 19.  From what I understand, placing all orders at 19 is not an issue in and of itself, because technically no one is ahead of you and, if I understand correctly, Ford will then go by the order date.  However, I have also read that Ford will just take the easiest one to build.  At least theoretically, am I basically waiting for all others to be scheduled that were order before mine (i.e., that are easier to build due to plenty of parts availability)?

So, just wondering what you would recommend?  I am not in a hurry to get the truck as far as a need to have it right now, so part of me is okay with a longer wait time because it just gives me more time to save money for a down payment.  However, I would rather not have it rollover into the 25 MY as I hear that the seat color will be changing to more of a gray vs. the admiral blue.

Placing all retail orders at the default priority code 19 means that all the orders are treated the same. As such, it means that the Dealer is doing nothing to manage and prioritize the order in which retail orders are scheduled. Forget that the order date will supposedly do the job. It's nonsense as the reality is that the scheduling system will schedule the order that's the easiest to schedule and with the fewest commodity or supply chain issues, etc. 

An F-450 Limited with priority code 19 since September 2023 will most likely never get scheduled. You're doing business with the wrong Dealer. It's their responsibility to manage their USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) but they have done nothing! The Dealer should have assigned a much lower priority code and/or contacted the Ford Zone Manager or Regional Scheduler long ago to have the order reprioritized at 01 or 02 to expedite scheduling. The Dealer has wasted your time.  

• Like 4

On 4/20/2024 at 4:07 PM, ice-capades said:

Placing all retail orders at the default priority code 19 means that all the orders are treated the same. As such, it means that the Dealer is doing nothing to manage and prioritize the order in which retail orders are scheduled. Forget that the order date will supposedly do the job. It's nonsense as the reality is that the scheduling system will schedule the order that's the easiest to schedule and with the fewest commodity or supply chain issues, etc. 

An F-450 Limited with priority code 19 since September 2023 will most likely never get scheduled. You're doing business with the wrong Dealer. It's their responsibility to manage their USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) but they have done nothing! The Dealer should have assigned a much lower priority code and/or contacted the Ford Zone Manager or Regional Scheduler long ago to have the order reprioritized at 01 or 02 to expedite scheduling. The Dealer has wasted your time.  

@ice-capades Thank you for your time and insight.  They have two sales managers and so I included both on the same email, including some specific things you put in your response to me.  Their response, or lack thereof, will tell me all I need to know.

• Like 1

I received my window sticker today, progress bar says "in Production" which I take to mean parts are headed for assembly line.  Hopefully will be built next week and headed to my dealer by the end of May.

I was relieved to see 11499 GVWR on sticker as original build sheet said 10000# GVWR as well as some other odd things.  I did notice the sticker did not call out the heated steering wheel as well as a few other things which seems odd, but salesman said not to worry they are part of Lariat Ultimate pkg.  Fingers crossed.

cheers,

Creek

21 hours ago, Czar of the North said:

I received my window sticker today, progress bar says "in Production" which I take to mean parts are headed for assembly line.  Hopefully will be built next week and headed to my dealer by the end of May.

I was relieved to see 11499 GVWR on sticker as original build sheet said 10000# GVWR as well as some other odd things.  I did notice the sticker did not call out the heated steering wheel as well as a few other things which seems odd, but salesman said not to worry they are part of Lariat Ultimate pkg.  Fingers crossed.

cheers,

Creek

Yeah, don't panic too much -- my Platinum sticker was not a 100% complete list, it just seems to be a highlight list of things. And the order page was wildly inaccurate compared to the sticker. But the truck was exactly what I ordered so in hindsight their system is not as accurate as whatever the factory uses to build the truck. 

I have a couple of questions regarding a retail order placed on the unscheduled order bank.

First I want to preface my question as follows:

It is my understanding that so long as a retail order has not been scheduled for production the order can be amended in order add or subtract options on the order. However, once an order is scheduled for production it is too late.

If this is true, then my question is, can dealer who initially assigned a priority code 10 for the retail order amend the order with a priority code 03 prior to being scheduled for production without the assistance of the Regional Rep or the Regional Scheduler?

If this is true, can retail order be amended with a priority code 19, or whatever the lowest priority code is available?

Finally, can a retail order be cancelled?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

4 minutes ago, MJohnN said:

I have a couple of questions regarding a retail order placed on the unscheduled order bank.

First I want to preface my question as follows:

It is my understanding that so long as a retail order has not been scheduled for production the order can be amended in order add or subtract options on the order. However, once an order is scheduled for production it is too late.

If this is true, then my question is, can dealer who initially assigned a priority code 10 for the retail order amend the order with a priority code 03 prior to being scheduled for production without the assistance of the Regional Rep or the Regional Scheduler?

If this is true, can retail order be amended with a priority code 19, or whatever the lowest priority code is available?

Finally, can a retail order be cancelled?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

• The retail order can be altered prior to scheduling with some limitations, particularly the trim (XLT, Lariat, etc.) The order can still be altered after it's scheduled, but prior to the vehicle being "locked in" for production. There are limitations to changing scheduled orders also, such as the number of changes and the type. Commodity constraints change frequently and can affect order changes being approved. 
  • The Dealer can assign priority codes 03-19 for retail orders, without the Regional office. If the order is changed before scheduling, the priority code may revert to the default retail priority code 19. If so, the Dealer must reassign a lower priority code again. 
  • Changing a retail order's specifications is independent from the priority code.
  • A retail order can be cancelled but only prior to the order being scheduled. A Dealer cannot cancel any order (Stock, Retail, Demo AXZD Plan) that has been scheduled. 

Hope this helps answer your questions!

5 hours ago, ice-capades said:
  • The retail order can be altered prior to scheduling with some limitations, particularly the trim (XLT, Lariat, etc.) The order can still be altered after it's scheduled, but prior to the vehicle being "locked in" for production. There are limitations to changing scheduled orders also, such as the number of changes and the type. Commodity constraints change frequently and can affect order changes being approved. 
  • The Dealer can assign priority codes 03-19 for retail orders, without the Regional office. If the order is changed before scheduling, the priority code may revert to the default retail priority code 19. If so, the Dealer must reassign a lower priority code again. 
  • Changing a retail order's specifications is independent from the priority code.
  • A retail order can be cancelled but only prior to the order being scheduled. A Dealer cannot cancel any order (Stock, Retail, Demo AXZD Plan) that has been scheduled. 

Here is the situation:

On February 13, 2024 I submitted an order for a 2024 F350 Super Duty XL 4x4 crew cab 6 3/4' bed, carbonized grey, w/6.7 powerstroke engine, XL off-road package, platform running boards and splash guards, that's it. I do not want a Cadillac dressed up as a pickup. At the time of the order I was assigned a priority code 10. That same day a received an email from Ford confirming my order and they would be in contact w/in 45days.

On February 24, 2024, I visited the dealer, before I discovered your forum, and talked to a Sales Manager and he reviewed the order as said it shouldn't take too long since it was such an limited option order. If I had any questions, I should contact him by phone or email and he gave me his card.

After my visit I discovered this forum and learned a lot of valuable information.

On March 19, 2024, I emailed the sales manager from what I learned from your forum and requested that my order be re-prioritized to a Priority Code 01 or 02 with the assistance of the Regional Rep and also asked if there were any supply/commodity issues that could delay my order. The sales manager never responded to my email.

On March 29, 2024 I received another email from Ford (at the 45 day mark) stating that they are "...working hard to fine tune the scheduled build date..." and that I should hear from then w/in the next 45 days.

On April 2, 2024 I visited the deal and spoke to the salesman and he would speak to the sales manager and get back to me about my order.

On April 3, 2024 I heard from the sales manager, who is now no longer a sales manager, he is in the finance department, but he looked into my order and told me my order was "Unscheduled Clear." Also talked to him about the new priority codes dealers can assign in 2024 up to a Priority Code 03, as well as contacting the Regional Rep about re-prioritizing my order to Priority Code 01 or 02 (both of which he was unaware). I told him I wanted to speak to someone management about my order and he seemed to suggest the Fleet manager would get back to me. I never heard from the Fleet manager but the salesmen called back, and reported to my in not so many words that they couldn't do anything and the order is going to 4 to 6 months and "..that's just the way it is." I also asked about cancelling the order. They said and order can't be cancelled.

So being a little pissed off, I went on the dealership's website and they had a place for comments and I expressed to them, after I learned from reading your answer to my original comments, I demanded that the general manager or other principal of the dealership get back to me to discuss my problem with my order.

On April 11, 2024 I received an email from the internet sales manager, who turns out to be the original sales manager who submitted my order on February 13, and supposed was now in the finance department, which a fluffy email wanting hope his staff as answered all of my questions. I replied, "Are you kidding me? Didn't you read my comment" as well as stating so now your the internet sales manager when you told me you are in the finance department. I also reiterated my request to contacted by the GM or Principal w/dealership about re-prioritizing my order w/the Regional Rep to Priority Code 01 or 02.

On April 12, 2024 I received an email from the General Sales Manager requesting my phone number so we could talk. We did, which I discussed in another post how he didn't know about the Priority Code process, etc. But he said he would look into it.

On April 14, 2024 I received a generic email from the General Manager from dealership and responded with my request about re- prioritizing my order.

On April 20, 2024 I received and email from the General Sales Manager stating " I finally got a hold of our Rep with Ford and she is looking into re-prioritizing your order. I will follow up with you soon."

On April 29, 2024, since I had not heard back from the General Sales Manager, I email the General Manager, and cc the General Sales Manager, asking what is the status? Well, later that day the General Sales Manager called and said he has to relay more information about my order to the Regional Rep and he would get back to me tomorrow.

On April 30, 2024, I was called back by the General Sales Manager and he relayed to me that the Regional Rep was in contact with the Regional Scheduler and the reason for the delay in getting my order scheduled was due to the unavailability of the heavy duty alternator (250 amp) used on that truck. I said what has this got to do with scheduling. This is a production issue. I pointed out during our conversation that the standard alternator on the F series pickup trucks, w/6.7 liter powerstroke diesel, is, in one form or another the 250 amp alternator. (i.e., XL, XLT, Lariat the 250 amp alternator is standard equipment and w/King Ranch, Platinum or Limited packages the 410 dual alternator combination (250 amp and 160 amp alternators for a total of 410 amps)). I told him to relay to the Regional Rep that if the 250 amp alternator is unavailable then the entire production line of the F series pickup trucks with 6.7 liter powerstroke diesel engines is shut down. Finally, I insisted that he request the Regional Rep in conjunction with the Regional Scheduler re-prioritize my order to a Priority Code 01.

On May 1, 2024, I emailed the General Sales Manager again regarding the cockamamie alternator story and stated "...the persons communicating this information to you, in my opinion is either disingenuous as best or outright lying about this issue." Additionally, I stated: 

"So, if the Regional Representative in conjunction with the Regional Scheduler cannot or will not re-prioritize my order to a Priority Code 01, then the order should somehow be dropped/cancelled and have me taken off any contact list because I do not want to hear from Ford, or whomever, that this order has somehow been miraculously produced, whether that is in one, two, three or six months, because I will be moving on."

So here we are today, May 2, 2024, and why I asked about cancelling my order in this thread. I am almost 67 years of age. I do not need this truck, it is just something that I wanted. I want to use this pickup truck as a truck. I wanted carpet delete and vinyl upholstery to more easily clean the dirt from comes from my muddy boots and dirty clothes deposited in the interior. I don't want a Cadillac!

My observations/opinions on this situation are these:

Ford, or whomever, doesn't want to produce low end XL basic trucks. Unless it is all dressed up and cost $85,000 or more they aren't interested in producing it.

If you are going to a dealer to special order a Super Duty do your research regarding the dealership first.

In this regard, the dealership I chose, and later found out, is owned by a giant corporate conglomerate whom among other ventures is in a famous clothing business. It is just staffed by a bunch of employees that punch the clock.

I recommend, going to a dealership that is owned by an single person or family who has a web site and post photographs of their staff, including the owner, and knows and is interested in the car business.

Regarding what I learned about the Regional Rep and Regional Scheduler, for my area, they don't want to rock the boat. They probably just want to punch to clock too. 

Unfortunately, by the time someone gets to reading this thread they, like me, have already fell into this rabbit hole!

Good Luck.

Edited by MJohnN
clarification of truck ordered.

On 1/26/2024 at 3:08 PM, akirby said:

They’re mostly to hide the suspension and frame so line-x won’t help there.  I’ve heard the husky liners work well and are easy to install.

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

My dealer stated that if the order came in wrong or I did not want to take delivery of the truck that it would be no problem as it would be easy to sell (and probably above sticker). May not be the same for all dealers. 

When I picked up my F450 Lariat Ultimate a few weeks ago, my salesman said they had 6 dealerships call wanting my truck! He said once it's on the transport truck to dealer, all other dealers can see who has what for inventory. So, if you don't want to take delivery of your ordered truck, they will gladly sell it for over MSRP! 

I don't know if this preceding comment was directed to me regarding cancelling my order, but I am aware I am under no obligation to take delivery of the truck if I don't want it and the dealership would be able to sell it.

My point is, if I go out and find and buy another truck, i.e., something other than what I exactly wanted, and then I am notified, because I am still in the queue, that the truck I ordered and wanted is now in stock and available for purchase, this will just piss me off!

32 minutes ago, MJohnN said:

I don't know if this preceding comment was directed to me regarding cancelling my order, but I am aware I am under no obligation to take delivery of the truck if I don't want it and the dealership would be able to sell it.

My point is, if I go out and find and buy another truck, i.e., something other than what I exactly wanted, and then I am notified, because I am still in the queue, that the truck I ordered and wanted is now in stock and available for purchase, this will just piss me off!

Oh, sorry! I forgot that part. It was in response to Bigdogg.

4 hours ago, MJohnN said:

Here is the situation:

On February 13, 2024 I submitted an order for a 2024 F350 Super Duty XL 4x4 crew cab 6 3/4' bed, carbonized grey, w/6.7 powerstroke engine, XL off-road package, platform running boards and splash guards, that's it. I do not want a Cadillac dressed up as a pickup. At the time of the order I was assigned a priority code 10. That same day a received an email from Ford confirming my order and they would be in contact w/in 45days.

On February 24, 2024, I visited the dealer, before I discovered your forum, and talked to a Sales Manager and he reviewed the order as said it shouldn't take too long since it was such an limited option order. If I had any questions, I should contact him by phone or email and he gave me his card.

After my visit I discovered this forum and learned a lot of valuable information.

On March 19, 2024, I emailed the sales manager from what I learned from your forum and requested that my order be re-prioritized to a Priority Code 01 or 02 with the assistance of the Regional Rep and also asked if there were any supply/commodity issues that could delay my order. The sales manager never responded to my email.

On March 29, 2024 I received another email from Ford (at the 45 day mark) stating that they are "...working hard to fine tune the scheduled build date..." and that I should hear from then w/in the next 45 days.

On April 2, 2024 I visited the deal and spoke to the salesman and he would speak to the sales manager and get back to me about my order.

On April 3, 2024 I heard from the sales manager, who is now no longer a sales manager, he is in the finance department, but he looked into my order and told me my order was "Unscheduled Clear." Also talked to him about the new priority codes dealers can assign in 2024 up to a Priority Code 03, as well as contacting the Regional Rep about re-prioritizing my order to Priority Code 01 or 02 (both of which he was unaware). I told him I wanted to speak to someone management about my order and he seemed to suggest the Fleet manager would get back to me. I never heard from the Fleet manager but the salesmen called back, and reported to my in not so many words that they couldn't do anything and the order is going to 4 to 6 months and "..that's just the way it is." I also asked about cancelling the order. They said and order can't be cancelled.

So being a little pissed off, I went on the dealership's website and they had a place for comments and I expressed to them, after I learned from reading your answer to my original comments, I demanded that the general manager or other principal of the dealership get back to me to discuss my problem with my order.

On April 11, 2024 I received an email from the internet sales manager, who turns out to be the original sales manager who submitted my order on February 13, and supposed was now in the finance department, which a fluffy email wanting hope his staff as answered all of my questions. I replied, "Are you kidding me? Didn't you read my comment" as well as stating so now your the internet sales manager when you told me you are in the finance department. I also reiterated my request to contacted by the GM or Principal w/dealership about re-prioritizing my order w/the Regional Rep to Priority Code 01 or 02.

On April 12, 2024 I received an email from the General Sales Manager requesting my phone number so we could talk. We did, which I discussed in another post how he didn't know about the Priority Code process, etc. But he said he would look into it.

On April 14, 2024 I received a generic email from the General Manager from dealership and responded with my request about re- prioritizing my order.

On April 20, 2024 I received and email from the General Sales Manager stating " I finally got a hold of our Rep with Ford and she is looking into re-prioritizing your order. I will follow up with you soon."

On April 29, 2024, since I had not heard back from the General Sales Manager, I email the General Manager, and cc the General Sales Manager, asking what is the status? Well, later that day the General Sales Manager called and said he has to relay more information about my order to the Regional Rep and he would get back to me tomorrow.

On April 30, 2024, I was called back by the General Sales Manager and he relayed to me that the Regional Rep was in contact with the Regional Scheduler and the reason for the delay in getting my order scheduled was due to the unavailability of the heavy duty alternator (250 amp) used on that truck. I said what has this got to do with scheduling. This is a production issue. I pointed out during our conversation that the standard alternator on the F series pickup trucks, w/6.7 liter powerstroke diesel, is, in one form or another the 250 amp alternator. (i.e., XL, XLT, Lariat the 250 amp alternator is standard equipment and w/King Ranch, Platinum or Limited packages the 410 dual alternator combination (250 amp and 160 amp alternators for a total of 410 amps)). I told him to relay to the Regional Rep that if the 250 amp alternator is unavailable then the entire production line of the F series pickup trucks with 6.7 liter powerstroke diesel engines is shut down. Finally, I insisted that he request the Regional Rep in conjunction with the Regional Scheduler re-prioritize my order to a Priority Code 01.

On May 1, 2024, I emailed the General Sales Manager again regarding the cockamamie alternator story and stated "...the persons communicating this information to you, in my opinion is either disingenuous as best or outright lying about this issue." Additionally, I stated: 

"So, if the Regional Representative in conjunction with the Regional Scheduler cannot or will not re-prioritize my order to a Priority Code 01, then the order should somehow be dropped/cancelled and have me taken off any contact list because I do not want to hear from Ford, or whomever, that this order has somehow been miraculously produced, whether that is in one, two, three or six months, because I will be moving on."

So here we are today, May 2, 2024, and why I asked about cancelling my order in this thread. I am almost 67 years of age. I do not need this truck, it is just something that I wanted. I want to use this pickup truck as a truck. I wanted carpet delete and vinyl upholstery to more easily clean the dirt from comes from my muddy boots and dirty clothes deposited in the interior. I don't want a Cadillac!

My observations/opinions on this situation are these:

Ford, or whomever, doesn't want to produce low end XL basic trucks. Unless it is all dressed up and cost $85,000 or more they aren't interested in producing it.

If you are going to a dealer to special order a Super Duty do your research regarding the dealership first.

In this regard, the dealership I chose, and later found out, is owned by a giant corporate conglomerate whom among other ventures is in a famous clothing business. It is just staffed by a bunch of employees that punch the clock.

I recommend, going to a dealership that is owned by an single person or family who has a web site and post photographs of their staff, including the owner, and knows and is interested in the car business.

Regarding what I learned about the Regional Rep and Regional Scheduler, for my area, they don't want to rock the boat. They probably just want to punch to clock too. 

Unfortunately, by the time someone gets to reading this thread they, like me, have already fell into this rabbit hole!

Good Luck.

Changing priority codes has nothing to do with commodity restraints. You're doing business with the wrong Dealer!

On 5/2/2024 at 3:29 PM, MJohnN said:

Deep breaths my man.. just do what I did and wait 539 days for the exact truck you have always wanted.  

On 5/2/2024 at 2:39 PM, Jjetjock said:

Here is my experience so far.

Ordered my F350 Limited on April 20th. Today I received a message giving me a VIN number and telling me the build date will be the week of Jun 10th. Now that is fast in my book.

Congratulations. I wish I knew where the dealership you are using is located and I would go there. It sounds like they know what they are doing.

41 minutes ago, Big_Daddy said:

Deep breaths my man.. just do what I did and wait 539 days for the exact truck you have always wanted.  

I don't know if I can wait that long. I'm going to be 67 in a few months so I think I am going to have to compromise because I don't know how many more years I will be driving. I was wanting something for this summer so I could get on the road.