2024 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

Posted (edited)

Just learned the most valuable piece of information regarding placing an order with a dealership. From listening to Tim Bartz w/Long McArthur Ford, I learned, my order will sit on the USOB until the dealership where I have placed my order has allocations from Ford for this particular vehicle. And allocations are dependent on their sales. In my case a 2024 F350 XL Super Duty Crew 4x4 160" w/b with 6.7 powerstroke. You guys may have discussed this before but I missed it if you have.

Thank you.

Edited by MJohnN

On 5/3/2024 at 5:51 PM, MJohnN said:

Congratulations. I wish I knew where the dealership you are using is located and I would go there. It sounds like they know what they are doing.

I ordered my F350 limited through Gary Yeomans Ford in Ocala Florida. I added seven options. The order form I received was marked as follows:

Order Code - J001

Priority Code - 03

24 minutes ago, Jjetjock said:

I ordered my F350 limited through Gary Yeomans Ford in Ocala Florida. I added seven options. The order form I received was marked as follows:

Order Code - J001

Priority Code - 03

Congratulations on doing business with a Dealer that knows the importance of manually setting retail order priority codes!

22 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Congratulations on doing business with a Dealer that knows the importance of manually setting retail order priority codes!

A rare breed nowadays….

54 minutes ago, akirby said:

A rare breed nowadays….

I live in south Florida and twice a year I drive to Ocala to go camping and I pull a trailer with my 2017 KingRanch F250. While there I always do my services with them because the dealers down here can’t even rotate tires correctly. They don’t change the tire psi which is different front to rear. I also could loosen the lug nuts with my fingers last time I used them. For those reasons and because they are so friendly in Ocala I choose to have things done there. I didn’t buy the 2017 truck from them but were always great to deal with. Had the works oil change done by them the second time and I go to pay and they said this one is on us. I sold that truck in 2020. I didn’t forget how nice they were so while up there I ordered the 2024 from them using x-plan. Tried six other dealers around south Florida but none would even let me order a Limited or Platinum or King Ranch using X-plan. Would only allow on the lower trims. Anyway I highly recommend Gary Yeomans Ford in Ocala.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jjetjock said:

Order Code - J001

Priority Code - 03

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, I am about 2,700 miles away and trapped behind enemy lines.

25 minutes ago, Jjetjock said:

I live in south Florida and twice a year I drive to Ocala to go camping and I pull a trailer with my 2017 King Ranch F250. While there I always do my services with them because the dealers down here can’t even rotate tires correctly. They don’t change the tire psi which is different front to rear. I also could loosen the lug nuts with my fingers last time I used them. For those reasons and because they are so friendly in Ocala I choose to have things done there. I didn’t buy the 2017 truck from them but were always great to deal with. Had the works oil change done by them the second time and I go to pay and they said this one is on us. I sold that truck in 2020. I didn’t forget how nice they were so while up there I ordered the 2024 from them using x-plan. Tried six other dealers around south Florida but none would even let me order a Limited or Platinum or King Ranch using X-plan. Would only allow on the lower trims. Anyway I highly recommend Gary Yeomans Ford in Ocala.

That's a nice endorsement for Gary Yeomans Ford and how rewarding it can be for both the Dealer and customer when the customer is well treated, and that customer becomes a loyal customer!

5 minutes ago, Czar of the North said:

My F350 CCSB 4x4 Lariat Ultimate was built 5/10, shipped 5/11.  I am hoping I will have it by the first week of June.  That would make it a week under 3 months from order.  The priority code when ordered was 19.

Creek

The default priority code for retail orders is 19, requiring Dealers to manually assign a lower priority code (03-19). Leaving all retail orders at the same "19" default priority code causes all those retail orders to be treated equally, regardless of the order date. What happens is that the scheduling system schedules the order with the least commodity constraints, or those that it can make exceptions to. You're lucky that your OTD (Order to Delivery) time is only 3 months. 

Im Still waiting on my dealership to figure out whats going on with my truck. keep getting emails that delayed shipping, shows the truck left the geo-fence almost a month ago. truck has been built since may 10th. anyone else i can contact to find out. seems our regional managers is not very good. i have seen all other truck built after mine and shipped the next day. my dealer sales manager has been emailing and trying to contact some one to no avail

On 5/15/2024 at 10:10 AM, Jjetjock said:

I live in south Florida and twice a year I drive to Ocala to go camping and I pull a trailer with my 2017 KingRanch F250. While there I always do my services with them because the dealers down here can’t even rotate tires correctly. They don’t change the tire psi which is different front to rear. I also could loosen the lug nuts with my fingers last time I used them. For those reasons and because they are so friendly in Ocala I choose to have things done there. I didn’t buy the 2017 truck from them but were always great to deal with. Had the works oil change done by them the second time and I go to pay and they said this one is on us. I sold that truck in 2020. I didn’t forget how nice they were so while up there I ordered the 2024 from them using x-plan. Tried six other dealers around south Florida but none would even let me order a Limited or Platinum or King Ranch using X-plan. Would only allow on the lower trims. Anyway I highly recommend Gary Yeomans Ford in Ocala.

Great to read.  Voting with your wallet is the way to go.

My F350 arrived at the dealership this morning.  So 10 weeks exactly from date of order.  It's a small dealer in Northern Minnesota so that might have helped me.  The buyer for my old truck dropped out at the last minute so I will have to renegotiate with dealer to trade it in or try to sell it quickly, I thought I had more time.

Cheers,

Creek

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2024 at 8:52 AM, Czar of the North said:

My F350 arrived at the dealership this morning.  So 10 weeks exactly from date of order.  It's a small dealer in Northern Minnesota so that might have helped me.  The buyer for my old truck dropped out at the last minute so I will have to renegotiate with dealer to trade it in or try to sell it quickly, I thought I had more time.

Cheers,

Creek

what was your priority code? 

Hi everyone, I am new here but have been reading for a long time. I was wondering if anyone knew about the part constraints for a F450, lariat FX4, non hi output, moonroof and cabin heater with uplifter switches? I ordered it through the military auto source (basically gets ordered differently like a commercial type order I think) my guy said there’s constraints but doesn’t know what. I ordered back in early April. Tried to keep it basic to avoid issues. Thanks! 

45 minutes ago, MikeCASS15 said:

Hi everyone, I am new here but have been reading for a long time. I was wondering if anyone knew about the part constraints for a F450, lariat FX4, non hi output, moonroof and cabin heater with uplifter switches? I ordered it through the military auto source (basically gets ordered differently like a commercial type order I think) my guy said there’s constraints but doesn’t know what. I ordered back in early April. Tried to keep it basic to avoid issues. Thanks! 

Ford Dealers get commodity restraints information updates almost daily, but I don't know if those authorized to order vehicles for military personnel have access to that information. The OTD (Order to Delivery) timeframe for F-450's is normally much longer than for the F-250 and F-350 models.    

12 hours ago, MikeCASS15 said:

According to Tim Bartz, with Long McArthur Ford, who posts scheduling information weekly on their Youtube channel every Tuesday, as of 06/03/2024 13,191 Ford Super Duty were listed on the unscheduled order bank (USOB), of that number, 59% were F450 Super Duty orders. According to Tim Bartz, F450's are limited to 2% to 6% of plant capacity (this includes both pickup and chassis only). Additionally, on 06/10/2024, Tim Bartz reported, 13,252 Ford Super Duty on the USOB with limited availability of the front 4x4 axle for F450 and F550. 

I don't know if it applies to your order source, but I also learned from Tim Bartz that regardless of priority codes assigned to an order, if a Ford dealer does not have an allocation from Ford for Super Duty trucks, where allocations are earned from their sales history in their region, the order will just sit on the USOB. This is the case for me. I ordered an F350 Super Duty XL Crew Cab, 4x4 with 6.7 liter power stroke, 160" wheel base on February 13, 2024, and nothing has yet been scheduled. Looking at the Dealer's website where I placed my order, it appears they have little movement with their inventory. Therefore, they aren't getting any allocations from Ford.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck.

New update on my F350 limited.

i ordered the truck on 20 April 2024 and my truck has arrived at my dealership in Ocala today 21Jun 2024. So two months and one day from order to dealership.IMG_1901.thumb.jpeg.3a66638d1b666b6286481d37a7bd1fcc.jpeg

4 hours ago, Jjetjock said:

New update on my F350 limited.

i ordered the truck on 20 April 2024 and my truck has arrived at my dealership in Ocala today 21Jun 2024. So two months and one day from order to dealership.IMG_1901.thumb.jpeg.3a66638d1b666b6286481d37a7bd1fcc.jpeg

Congrats! You are lucky, my F450 HO took 8 months! I ordered it end of July 2023 and finally got it mid March 2024. I love it and it's a beast! I see you got the HO motor also... easy on the throttle, you won't have any problem wearing out those single rears! Enjoy your new truck!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ValorTug said:

Congrats! You are lucky, my F450 HO took 8 months! I ordered it end of July 2023 and finally got it mid March 2024. I love it and it's a beast! I see you got the HO motor also... easy on the throttle, you won't have any problem wearing out those single rears! Enjoy your new truck!

Thanks for the advice, I’ll try to take it easy.

This is my first post on Blue Ovals but I've read A LOT of the posts- this is a great forum with a lot of great input.  Thanks to all.

I have a few questions on ordering a F350 Platinum CC SRW shortbed 6.7 this late in the year since my wife said "wtf?" on the F350 KR I ordered a few weeks ago.  When I showed her a similar KR on the lot (which I thought would impress her), she literally thought it was a joke as she can't stand the KR interior.  I asked her what should I get instead and she pointed to the Platinum next to the KR and said "just get one like this with plain black seats".  So I am doing just that 🤣

Anyway, the dealer is happy to still take delivery of the KR (build date in mid-July as of this post) and said no problem on ordering the Platinum.  But I have no idea if ordering Platty this late is even feasible.  The dealer I work with sells a lot of SD's but I wasn't sure the best way to verify if I order a Platty it has a high likelihood of getting built between their allotments and factory constraints.  What questions should I ask the dealer or what system can they show me to give me confidence on delivering a 2024 Platinum?  I don't want to be that @sshat who puts in multiple orders at multiple dealers but I need to be realistic in picking the "right" dealer soon.   Thoughts?