Glacier Gray

George C

That looks pretty flat and uninteresting, but no vehicle I've ever owned has looked flattering under white shop lights. I'd love to see it in the sun. My F150 is Smoked Quartz, which just looks like a boring dark blue in shop lighting. But out in the sun (and after a wash), people have referred to it as Blue, Gray, or Black and it's almost all of those at the same time. So I'll hold judgement on the color and assume it looks much better in everyday use than in the shop. (And, I have to stay positive since I refuse to touch my 24 order and I picked Glacier. :) )

16 hours ago, d232799 said:

I've had alot of troubles picking a Ford superduty color.  I don't think I'm alone!

You're not alone, there aren't many options, especially if you want a higher trim level there's only 7 options. And realistically less than that since 3 of those are just shades of gray. If you want to make a statement through color, Super Duty isn't the way to do it. 

image.png.6daad1fee5298847156a1e1cc63ae94b.png

On 9/29/2023 at 12:40 PM, Mylriahd said:

I hope you'll post pics here when you get it. My Platinum was scheduled yesterday, so I'm locked in and along for the ride with this color.

Certainly looks more blue outside. It is a tri-coat, so I hold out some hope that the color isn’t as dead as it looks under the shop lights.

I did get pushed back two weeks, so hopefully I have some pics in the first week of November. 
My fingers are crossed that it looks good in person, and that I don’t have to walk away. 

IMG_3243.jpeg

Edited by George C

Oh boy. Ordered this color but may switch to the classic Rapid Red. Some of these pics look like an okay gray, the latest look like a baby blue gray. I'm trading a stunning Atlas Blue truck for this. I don't want to drive something that looks baby blue in good light. I don't have the time to wait until these start rolling out to customers as I can't chance getting a VIN and then not liking the color.

I still want to see it in the sun, because that not only doesn't look "gray", it also doesn't look like the color in the builder. Putting the two side by side I can kind of see a relationship, but... one of those has some depth, the pic you shared doesn't look like a tri-coat at all. 

image.png.9d0034abfcb02acd15560a98b7c61704.png

That said, this "creamy" paint look seems to be super popular lately, after this thread I started looking at other cars and I see it more and more often. It's curious that it appears Chevy and GMC have a very similar color to this as well. I'm "stuck" with it since I won't be rejecting the truck based on the color, I don't particularly care for ANY of the platinum choices. "How do we improve on this? How do you get a baby blue truck and own it, make it look like you did it on purpose?"  My daughter suggested baby blue truck nuts...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That doesn't look as baby blue as I feared; that top picture is the best lit one and I think I like it. I'm looking forward for the first dealer to do a youtube video of it so I can see it in motion. I have a black RSI cap on order for it and think the black on that color will be a slick contrast. 

• 2 weeks later...

Crazy that it's hard to get a read on this color in photos. Appreciate the pics though, I have one ordered. Can you see the metallic well? That Tri-coat paint is tough, but you have to like the color. I may keep it though. Leans more Gray than some photos I've seen which looks like baby blue.

Thanks for sharing pics! I think I like it; it's not the color from the build site, but it's not offensive. I plan on putting a black RSI SmartCap on the back and I think the contrast is going to be pretty sharp. It's definitely light blue, but it's more of a clay tone so it doesn't seem too obnoxious in the sun. 

On 9/29/2023 at 12:35 PM, Mylriahd said:

You're not alone, there aren't many options, especially if you want a higher trim level there's only 7 options. And realistically less than that since 3 of those are just shades of gray. If you want to make a statement through color, Super Duty isn't the way to do it. 

image.png.6daad1fee5298847156a1e1cc63ae94b.png

In 1973, you had more choices...

image.thumb.jpeg.756df40045659de7eb6c68684eab4072.jpeg