Specialty Allocation Tied to EV Sales

tbone

I read on Ford Raptor Forum that Raptor allocation would be tied to the dealership’s EV sales. I reached out to my dealer to verify, and he said beginning in Q1 all specialty allocation will be tied to EV sales volume.  What a brilliant F’n plan by Ford to screw customers. 

2 hours ago, tbone said:

I read on Ford Raptor Forum that Raptor allocation would be tied to the dealership’s EV sales. I reached out to my dealer to verify, and he said beginning in Q1 all specialty allocation will be tied to EV sales volume.  What a brilliant F’n plan by Ford to screw customers. 

So, is Ford trying to play favourites and give certain Dealers an advantage over others?

If so, they betta watch out doing this…….

Ford executive compensation has a "Global EV Retail Volume to Customers" component, which was added a few years ago due to how critical that is for Ford's future existence. So it makes sense Ford expects its dealerships to do their part promoting and selling BEV, and that Ford corporate uses BEV sales metrics as a basis for assigning specialty vehicle allocation to specific dealerships.

Hopefully a Raptor version of F-150 Lightning is planned!

image.png.ee7c09d5bdbe5dd9f49d91b10db98aea.png

23 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Ford executive compensation has a "Global EV Retail Volume to Customers" component, which was added a few years ago due to how critical that is for Ford's future existence. So it makes sense Ford expects its dealerships to do their part promoting and selling BEV, and that Ford corporate uses BEV sales metrics as a basis for assigning specialty vehicle allocation to specific dealerships.

Hopefully a Raptor version of F-150 Lightning is planned!

image.png.ee7c09d5bdbe5dd9f49d91b10db98aea.png

nutshell...they made a grave error by buying into the hype, and now they are basically extorting dealers to help them get rid of their building stockpiles of units buyers have lost interest in.....not going to help the Dealers in the slightest if buying trends of EVs continue the way they are....

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, jpd80 said:

So, is Ford trying to play favourites and give certain Dealers an advantage over others?

If so, they betta watch out doing this…….

Certainly appears that it will benefit the coasts where the EV density is greater, most likely due to better public charging infrastructure.  So now more specialty allocation will go to the coasts where dealers love ADMs costing the consumers more.  

My dealer didn’t know what the impact was going to be since the policy hasn’t started yet, but he didn’t like the implications.  I think it’s a terrible plan and I hope it costs them sales.

I think Midwest dealership organizations should be raising alarms about this change, and should consider legal action as far as I’m concerned.  They are likely going to be the most affected since EV density is probably the lowest. 

• Like 1

• ice-capades changed the title to Specialty Allocation Tied to EV Sales
8 hours ago, tbone said:

I think Midwest dealership organizations should be raising alarms about this change, and should consider legal action as far as I’m concerned. 

Instead of legal action, Model e Certified and especially Certified Elite Ford dealerships in the Midwest (and elsewhere) should consider further ramping up their infrastructure/fixed ops, sales promotion, and consumer education initiatives involving BEV. They'll do themselves a favor and any additional allocation of specialty vehicles from Ford as a result will be icing on the cake.

• Haha 1

We're almost to the "can't give them away" point out here- Dealer in Mankato, a college town of about 50K population, has a new Leaf discounted down to the mid $20Ks. The few people and organizations that have invested in EVs, charging, etc. out here largely got burned and they're warning all their friends and enemies. I dipped my toes into battery storage and solar with a $3K investment, unit doesn't work correctly and "support" won't even talk to me so that hundred pounds of HazMat will be disposed of at Costco's returns counter. 

This is the 2020s version of what GM did to diesel passenger cars- The technology has been pushed out before it's mature and the "evangelists" have only worsened the growing hatred of EVs. Would have been wiser to evolve through PHEVs and biofuels before electrics, but with the EV backlash that's building it will be had to sell even a simple hybrid out here for years. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GearheadGrrrl said:

This is the 2020s version of what GM did to diesel passenger cars- The technology has been pushed out before it's mature and the "evangelists" have only worsened the growing hatred of EVs. Would have been wiser to evolve through PHEVs and biofuels before electrics, but with the EV backlash that's building it will be had to sell even a simple hybrid out here for years. 

So your anti EV-we know this already, repeating it and twisting shit around isn't going to make you convince anyone either way that has their mind set on what side they sit on. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GearheadGrrrl said:

Actually I'm quite pro-EV, I just realize the reality that trying to force them on people they won't work for will backfire. 

But that is the thing-no one is forcing the issue for at least another 10-15 years...adding new products to get ready for the transition isn't forcing people to buy anything. 

Plus it leaves time to keep improving range/recharging or pricing. 

But in the rural market I live in pushing EVs is counter productive- First we have to sell customers on PHEVs in familiar packaging, and after people take a liking to that little taste of electrification they'll go EV next decade. The market for EVs and even PHEVs is even worse in urban neighborhoods where the majority of the housing is rental and often with street parking only- Parking lot and on street chargers are too expensive for landlords to invest in and public funded curb side chargers will get plundered for copper if they don't get run over first!