More Off-Road-Ready Bronco Sport Spied

14 minutes ago, AM222 said:

Ford should export this to more markets. 

Ford should build BS and Maverick in a Thai plant for the Asia Pacific region,

getting anything out of North America or Europe is impossible..

These kinds of vehicles would do well in our region, heck Maverick and a Maverick “SUV” would do.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, jpd80 said:

These kinds of vehicles would do well in our region, heck Maverick and a Maverick “SUV” would do.

True, and a Maverick SUV would be great.  

There are many markets out there where Jeep and Land Rover are enjoying the absence of the Bronco and Bronco Sport.

In the Philippines, rare overpriced gray market Bronco Badlands and Bronco Sport Badlands units have been snapped up by enthusiasts who want something that isn't a Jeep,  Land Rover or a Land Cruiser. How overpriced?  I read both models were priced way much higher than the Explorer Limited AWD officially sold by Ford. Missed opportunity for Ford. 

Edited by AM222
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, AM222 said:

There are many markets out there where Jeep and Land Rover are enjoying the absence of the Bronco and Bronco Sport.

In the Philippines, rare overpriced gray market Bronco Badlands and Bronco Sport Badlands units have been snapped up by enthusiasts who want something that isn't a Jeep,  Land Rover or a Land Cruiser. How overpriced?  I read both models were priced way much higher than the Explorer Limited AWD officially sold by Ford. Missed opportunity for Ford. 

Absolutely no excuses for Ford North American not supplying LHD markets in Asia Pacific,

I can understand RHD but you guys are being left out of easy access….

2 hours ago, AM222 said:

If they can sell the Explorer and Expedition in the Philippines than the BS and Maverick I think could be sent on the same ship. Any import issues from Mexico?

12 hours ago, jpd80 said:

With Ranger and Everest sales so good, is there any capacity left in Thailand?

On 11/11/2023 at 8:38 PM, jpd80 said:

Absolutely no excuses for Ford North American not supplying LHD markets in Asia Pacific,

I can understand RHD but you guys are being left out of easy access….

Ford did bring in the GT500 officially in late 2021 and offered it till it was discontinued. Probably a response to the growing number of gray market units prior to that. 
Gray market models they haven't responded to: Bronco/ Bronco Raptor, Bronco Sport, F150 Raptor. 

One thing I can say, Ford Philippines to be in the 3rd spot in sales with only 3 mainstream models (Ranger, Everest, and Territory) is something.
The F150, Mustang, and Explorer are more niche premium models, with the latter having supply issues after an almost one-year delay. 

Edited by AM222

• 1 month later...
  • ice-capades changed the title to More Off-Road-Ready Bronco Sport Spied
On 11/13/2023 at 2:10 AM, AM222 said:

Ford did bring in the GT500 officially in late 2021 and offered it till it was discontinued. Probably a response to the growing number of gray market units prior to that. 

Incorrect,

GT500 was never offered in RHD, an alternative high end special vehicle was developed and sold in limited numbers.

Harrop did the work.

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

Incorrect,

GT500 was never offered in RHD, an alternative high end special vehicle was developed and sold in limited numbers.

Harrop did the work.

I was referring to the LHD GT500 that was officially offered in the Philippines, one of the few export markets for the GT500.