2024 Ford Edge Production Will End In Late April

18 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Right but I don't think adding a sedan back the lineup would be exactly bright either. The Evos is different enough that its not quite a sedan not quite a station wagon or crossover too. 

I don't see the point in Ford bringing back a sedan to compete with the likes of the Camry and accord. An aspirational lifestyle sedan like a new Lincoln flagship or mustang sedan with thicker profit margins makes more sense, but that's apparently not happening. 

It could be a hybrid mustang, but that wouldn't be this mysterious, big surprise product considering Ford has openly discussed making a hybrid mustang countless times. So most likely car based, but not a sedan, or something based on the s650 platform. This could be interesting. 

15 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

I don't see the point in Ford bringing back a sedan to compete with the likes of the Camry and accord. An aspirational lifestyle sedan like a new Lincoln flagship or mustang sedan with thicker profit margins makes more sense, but that's apparently not happening. 

It could be a hybrid mustang, but that wouldn't be this mysterious, big surprise product considering Ford has openly discussed making a hybrid mustang countless times. So most likely car based, but not a sedan, or something based on the s650 platform. This could be interesting. 

Zephyr would be a much better choice than Mondeo both for Ford and dealers.  

Just imagine the options Ford would have if they had redone the paint shop at FRAP years ago.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, akirby said:

Just imagine the options Ford would have if they had redone the paint shop at FRAP years ago.

Agree, the Zephyr would be a better choice 

19 minutes ago, akirby said:

I'm thinking more along the lines of a hybrid or electric Continental, something which would bring a lot of attention to the Lincoln brand as a flagship model, while commanding a hefty price. The zephyr is a nice product, but it's essentially a refreshed mkz. Beyond being a sedan, which is newsworthy by itself, I don't see how it would standout in the sea of entry level luxury midsized sedans. 

The key is to create something that stands out, that's profitable enough to be sustainable, and successful, but not so successful that it puts strain on suppliers. 

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Using this as deduction, with FRAP having height issues-

2024 Mustang 55in tall

2024 Monedo 59in tall

2024 Taurus 59.2

2024 Evos 63 in tall

2024 Edge 68 in tall

So the Edge is too tall, but is the Evos short enough to clear? Maybe some creative height solutions to make it fit?

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Right but I don't think adding a sedan back the lineup would be exactly bright either. The Evos is different enough that its not quite a sedan not quite a station wagon or crossover too. 

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I think Evos would give them an entry into the "sedan" market BUT they'd be able to charge higher prices over a sedan because it's a liftback, which aligns better with their profitability goals.

Not sure if it's slightly too tall vs. the Mondeo sedan, which is effectively a sedan version of Evos.

Zephyr would also be a good choice - I think one good entrant in the segment would be fine for both brands (no need for a Continental size model, as sales taper off there too much to justify the cost).

• Like 1