2024 Ford Edge Production Will End In Late April

27 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I told you guys this a couple of weeks ago. I guess because I didn’t make it a post it went unnoticed. Lots of contractors in here.  Information is still rather sparse. Job posting info and retooling timeline still not set in stone. I believe majority of workforce will not return until early 25. Leaders and absentee allowances and maintenance people will be here earlier before retool complete. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Oacjay98 said:

I told you guys this a couple of weeks ago. I guess because I didn’t make it a post it went unnoticed. Lots of contractors in here.  Information is still rather sparse. Job posting info and retooling timeline still not set in stone. I believe majority of workforce will not return until early 25. Leaders and absentee allowances and maintenance people will be here earlier before retool complete. 

I heard Job #1 for the 7-seater EV will be February 2025 and it will be a 2026MY vehicle.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, ExplorerDude said:

I heard Job #1 for the 7-seater EV will be February 2025 and it will be a 2026MY vehicle.

Thanks for the info cause some of the rumours in here are wild. Some people think the retool will be 18-24 months. That’s far fetched to me.  I believe your info as being accurate. I can’t help but feel this is gonna be a low volume seller. 

52 minutes ago, ExplorerDude said:

What is the Job one date for the Lincoln version? I’m hearing late 2025. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExplorerDude said:

So I suppose that rules out Ford revealing some sort of concept or something in April. You would think with edge production ending, they'd want to tease future product to keep interest and confidence in the plant alive. But if it's not coming until early 2025, I doubt we'll see anything that early on. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

So I suppose that rules out Ford revealing some sort of concept or something in April. You would think with edge production ending, they'd want to tease future product to keep interest and confidence in the plant alive. But if it's not coming until early 2025, I doubt we'll see anything that early on. 

Nobody except us knows or cares about Oakville.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akirby said:

It’s funny when people complain that the Nautilus is no longer made in the U.S…. ?

A lot of people just don’t know that it was never ever made in the US. The new one is a great product, I would of preferred it to be built on this side of the world but business is business.

23 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

A lot of people just don’t know that it was never ever made in the US. The new one is a great product, I would of preferred it to be built on this side of the world but business is business.

I still think we’ll see C2 hybrid Nautilus and a new hybrid Edge built in either Louisville or Mexico depending on what happens with Escape 

Unfortunately the Edge lost at least 2-3 years.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

With the rate that Ford has been releasing stuff, we'd be lucky to see something by November of this year...still haven't had the official unveiling of the new Explorer or Aviator yet and they are supposed to go into production in the next 90 days or so?

1 hour ago, Oacjay98 said:

For all the time I've spent in SE Michigan, most people there seem to think that Windsor/Canada is just a suburb of Detroit,,,,,

HRG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, akirby said:

I still think we’ll see C2 hybrid Nautilus and a new hybrid Edge built in either Louisville or Mexico depending on what happens with Escape 

Ford seems quite content to export from China it seems. For some reason I can’t see them doing that although it makes sense. 

1 hour ago, HotRunrGuy said:

For all the time I've spent in SE Michigan, most people there seem to think that Windsor/Canada is just a suburb of Detroit,,,,,

HRG

We have ppl at work who transferred from Windsor at our plant when their plants closed in the early 2000s and a lot of them say the exact same thing. 

14 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

Ford seems quite content to export from China it seems. For some reason I can’t see them doing that although it makes sense. 

I think exporting vehicles from their China factories to the U.S. is something Ford is going to want to avoid if at all possible. That 25% import duty is a kick in the pants, though probably less so now with the huge costs of the new UAW contract. They should have stuck with plans for that new Mexican plant.

22 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

I have a feeling its going to be a short term thing that goes away by the end of the decade. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, akirby said:

While a c2 hybrid Edge would be a desirable product in my mind, that sounds too much like the commodity, in Farley's own words "Boring" vehicles that Ford is trying to do away with. I have a hard time seeing how a new edge could align with Ford's new strategy of selling passion products. But at the same time, it's sold well enough that walking away from that segment entirely seems foolish to me. 

Personally, I think Ford should expand the explorer sub-brand with a two row explorer offering. Something that offers similar pricing and market positioning to the previous edge, but has that boxier styling buyers love, and a more iconic name. 

Edited by DeluxeStang

42 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

While a c2 hybrid Edge would be a desirable product in my mind, that sounds too much like the commodity, in Farley's own words "Boring" vehicles that Ford is trying to do away with. I have a hard time seeing how a new edge could align with Ford's new strategy of selling passion products. But at the same time, it's sold well enough that walking away from that segment entirely seems foolish to me. 

Personally, I think Ford should expand the explorer sub-brand with a two row explorer offering. Something that offers similar pricing and market positioning to the previous edge, but has that boxier styling buyers love, and a more iconic name. 

If Ford can make a "passion" affordable entry-level truck don't know why they can't do the same with a mid-sized 2-row crossover. And the new Nautilus? I test drove one yesterday and that's about as passionate a vehicle as I could imagine. Sure, it's upscale from the Edge, but it is in a very crowded luxury segment where I think it will do quite well.

1 hour ago, DeluxeStang said:

I think a 2 row Explorer would be too heavy and too expensive compared to C2.  And it can’t use the C2 hybrid system.  C2 edge could use either the escape, Corsair or nautilus hybrid system and would be lighter and cheaper.  Just give it edgier styling and the high tech Chinese interior.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, akirby said:

Aviator - star concept.

I've read the 3row looks less like the Star Concept and more like the model that was going to be based on the Rivian platform. 

Maybe that's the reason the Star concept is not on Lincoln's website anymore.