2025 Dodge Charger (Daytona) EV Leaked, But the Sedan's Return Is the Major Surprise

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah i have no idea what that is

Its a bit esoteric 

Used on select Dodge production vehicles between 1962 and 1975, the fratzog was never used in advertising, but instead on emblems, badges, and in print on owner's manuals and service manuals. We asked the historians at Dodge and they told us it was first used on the 1962 Dodge Polara 500.

https://www.motortrend.com/features/what-is-the-fratzog-logo/

It would be like Ford using the Philco (which was a name for Ford branded electronics and appliances from the 1960s) name on its EVs

Edited by silvrsvt
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

It would be like Ford using the Philco (which was a name for Ford branded electronics and appliances from the 1960s) name on its EVs

We had an old Philco tube TV in our attic until a few years ago.

12 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Its a bit esoteric 

If Ford were to reintroduce a logo from the past, I think it would be the 1950-1963 Heraldry logo. If Sellantis were to use an old non-automotive subsidiary logo it would probably be Airtemp (1957 shown).

images.jpeg

7db65d430fcfa4d7200415151aa9f08c.jpeg

Edited by Chrisgb

22 hours ago, Chrisgb said:

If Ford were to reintroduce a logo from the past, I think it would be the 1950-1963 Heraldry logo. If Sellantis were to use an old non-automotive subsidiary logo it would probably be Airtemp (1957 shown).

images.jpeg

7db65d430fcfa4d7200415151aa9f08c.jpeg

I know this Ford crest because our mid-70s British Ford Cortina had it (see Wikimedia reference below). For this version it was inside a circular grill badge. The "FORD" on the upper part of the crest was replaced with a crown. Probably the last time Ford used the crest?
800px-1974_Ford_Cortina_2000E_(238503650

Edited by AM222

On 3/9/2024 at 7:52 PM, twintornados said:

Its the Fratzog symbol....

cde705598544ba5adc1642273a236500.thumb.webp.3613ba940517f05303040a732ed04737.webp

I wonder how they even came up with the odd "Fratzog" name for the logo, then again, it was the 1960s.

My God that is one of the worst reveal vids I've seen in some time. At least we've established this new charger can time travel. Hopefully this means someone will go back in time to stop me from ever watching this ad. 

It feels like I'm watching a playthrough of a free to play mobile game. That speech the CEO gives the dodge brothers at the end especially feels like the sort of thing a character would say to you in the conclusion after defeating the final boss or something. This ad is something else. 

Edited by DeluxeStang
  • Haha 1

On 3/9/2024 at 9:56 PM, silvrsvt said:

Its a bit esoteric 

Only a purist will understand it.  Everyone else will be like WTF is that.  I personally don’t think it’s great marketing.  

This car is going to be BIG....121 inch wheelbase and 206 inches overall.    It is interesting that they are going to offer the two door version.   Large coupes were very popular many years ago but this will be one of the few available in today's market.   The last Challenger was huge compared to the Mustang but this Charger even dwarfs the outgoing Challenger.   They will really have no direct competitor but will they have any buyers?    I do not like the fact that it is apparently a lift back and not a proper coupe with a trunk.

4 minutes ago, brucelinc said:

This car is going to be BIG....121 inch wheelbase and 206 inches overall.    It is interesting that they are going to offer the two door version.   Large coupes were very popular many years ago but this will be one of the few available in today's market.   The last Challenger was huge compared to the Mustang but this Charger even dwarfs the outgoing Challenger.   They will really have no direct competitor but will they have any buyers?    I do not like the fact that it is apparently a lift back and not a proper coupe with a trunk.

That is insane-its like 16 inches longer then the current Mustang.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

That is insane-its like 16 inches longer then the current Mustang.

The weight is also insane, over 5,800 lbs for the EV version. We don't know the weight for. The ICE version yet, but I'm betting it's on the high side of 4k, maybe even in the low 5s. 

I'm predicting even the high output 550 hp V6 is going to struggle to match the GT in acceleration, and track performance. 

3 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

The weight is also insane, over 5,800 lbs for the EV version. We don't know the weight for. The ICE version yet, but I'm betting it's on the high side of 4k, maybe even in the low 5s. 

I'm predicting even the high output 550 hp V6 is going to struggle to match the GT in acceleration, and track performance. 

Just looking at the battery pack, it weighs roughly 1300lbs. I'm guessing the ICE with a transmission will be half of that. 

21 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

I see no reason for the ICE version to weigh more than  4400 - 4500.   My BMW weighs a tad over 4300.   It is not quite as big as the Dodge but has a V8 and is a pretty robust piece of machinery.   Just based on size alone, this doesn't seem like a Mustang competitor so I am not sure comparing acceleration or track times would even matter.     I am not exactly sure what this big ICE two door competes with.   I do admire them for stepping out on a limb with something different but time will tell if it makes sense from a business perspective.