2004 Lincoln LS V6 with 15k miles for sale

2004 Lincoln LS for sale in Wexford - 1LNHM86S14Y616923 - Wright Automotive Group (wrightcars.com)

Saw this posted in an LS group.  I had an 04 V6 equipped the same as this one but mine was Pearl White (Cashmere Tri Coat) and looking through these photos brought back a lot of great memories.

The price they are asking is way too high but this is probably one of the last LS's at this low of miles sadly.  I know there are a few folks from the LLSOC on this board too and figured they would appreciate this.

My 04 LS was my favorite car I owned till my 17 MKZ Black Label.  It handled so well and driving it felt special.  I know a lot of Ford guys for some reason don't like the LS because "ItS jUsT a JaGuAr" which isn't true but still holds that image in many eyes.

Thought you guys would appreciate it though.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I had an LS V8 for about 15 years and loved it.  Cosmetically, it was in pristine condition inside and out, but it became a mechanical nightmare toward the end and sat idle for a couple years.  I finally got rid of it last summer.  When it ran well, it was a lot of fun.  It was a beast in the corners.  Nice little Jaguar V8 roar, even if it wasn't the quickest.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2024 at 7:10 PM, mustang84isu said:

I had an LS V8 for about 15 years and loved it.  Cosmetically, it was in pristine condition inside and out, but it became a mechanical nightmare toward the end and sat idle for a couple years.  I finally got rid of it last summer.  When it ran well, it was a lot of fun.  It was a beast in the corners.  Nice little Jaguar V8 roar, even if it wasn't the quickest.

My 04 was a V6 which granted wasn't really fast but the extra HP bump it got in 03-05 was very noticeable vs the earlier models that only had about 210 or so.  IIRC the V6 had a better weight ratio than the V8 having a more 50/50 vs the V8 being heavier.  Either way both handled great, I test drove a lot of them before I settled on my 04.

10 hours ago, Andrew L said:

My 04 was a V6 which granted wasn't really fast but the extra HP bump it got in 03-05 was very noticeable vs the earlier models that only had about 210 or so.  IIRC the V6 had a better weight ratio than the V8 having a more 50/50 vs the V8 being heavier.  Either way both handled great, I test drove a lot of them before I settled on my 04.

I loved that Jag v8.  Not huge power but so smooth.  Only disappointment was the cheap dash.  Covered mine with a wood kit.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I loved that Jag v8.  Not huge power but so smooth.  Only disappointment was the cheap dash.  Covered mine with a wood kit.

Yea that silver plastic Lincoln was in love with scratches so easily.  My Aviator has it too.  Been considering doing a wood kit for it to keep the scratches down... they still sell them.  

15 minutes ago, Andrew L said:

Yea that silver plastic Lincoln was in love with scratches so easily.  My Aviator has it too.  Been considering doing a wood kit for it to keep the scratches down... they still sell them.  

We also has an 03 Aviator at the same time I had my LS.  Don’t remember any problems with scratches.  That was a great interior especially for its time.  And the cooled seats would freeze your butt off.  Literally.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, akirby said:

We also has an 03 Aviator at the same time I had my LS.  Don’t remember any problems with scratches.  That was a great interior especially for its time.  And the cooled seats would freeze your butt off.  Literally.

I wonder why they stopped offering cooled seats. I think the only Ford product that still has them is the Mustang.

Edited by The Handler

12 minutes ago, The Handler said:

I wonder why they stopped offering cooled seats. I think the only Ford product that still has them is the Mustang.

AFAIK most Ford products do still offer it as an option and all Lincolns do.  I want to say some have it standard but I think the Corsair its an option.

25 minutes ago, Andrew L said:

AFAIK most Ford products do still offer it as an option and all Lincolns do.  I want to say some have it standard but I think the Corsair its an option.

Yes, but they’re ventilated, not cooled. My 2021 Expedition has them, and they don’t put out cold air like the “climate controlled seats” of the previous generations.

3 minutes ago, The Handler said:

Yes, but they’re ventilated, not cooled. My 2021 Expedition has them, and they don’t put out cold air like the “climate controlled seats” of the previous generations.

It’s the same technology - peltier device with a fan.  They changed the seat designs over the years and it reduced the airflow and exhaust so they just don’t work as well.  They may have also switched to cheaper devices.  Changing the name to ventilated was a marketing move to stop complaints.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, akirby said:

It’s the same technology - peltier device with a fan.  They changed the seat designs over the years and it reduced the airflow and exhaust so they just don’t work as well.  They may have also switched to cheaper devices.  Changing the name to ventilated was a marketing move to stop complaints.

I was under the impression that they got rid of the Peltier completely and went to just a ducted fan and resistive electric for the heat.  Looking at ford parts, they list a seat heating pad and a blower motor for my '19 expedition, no Peltier device.

21 minutes ago, Flying68 said:

I was under the impression that they got rid of the Peltier completely and went to just a ducted fan and resistive electric for the heat.  Looking at ford parts, they list a seat heating pad and a blower motor for my '19 expedition, no Peltier device.

It’s possible they changed it or changed it on some models.  I remember when the F150 got it around 2016 and they messed up the airflow ducting within the seat back.  Some guy 3d printed new ducting to fix it.  And I know our 2016 MKX had TEDs (thermo electric devices) because someone posted the parts.

I would have sworn the seat fan runs for both air and heat in our 22 Nautilus but I’ll have to check it later.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Andrew L said:

I was going to say the "cooled" or "ventilated" seats in my MKZ get pretty damn cold.  I have a feeling its just a marketing thing but same technology.  

They marketed them as "cooled" seats in both the MKZ and the Continental.

19 hours ago, akirby said:

It’s possible they changed it or changed it on some models.  I remember when the F150 got it around 2016 and they messed up the airflow ducting within the seat back.  Some guy 3d printed new ducting to fix it.  And I know our 2016 MKX had TEDs (thermo electric devices) because someone posted the parts.

I would have sworn the seat fan runs for both air and heat in our 22 Nautilus but I’ll have to check it later.

I know my '12 Explorer had the Peltier.  It got the seat much cooler than the Expedition gets.  But the Expedition's seat heater gets hotter than the Explorer did.  I suppose the phase out was dependent on model refresh cycles, so I wouldn't doubt that some vehicles had them longer than others.

2 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

Seeing these low mileage examples are certainly interesting, but don't these low mileage examples tend to have more issues? Just because they've been sitting for so long without being driven a ton?

They can if they've been sitting for long periods.  15k miles over 20 years is 750 miles lol.  Maybe grandpa only drove it to church and to the store.

4 minutes ago, Andrew L said:

They can if they've been sitting for long periods.  15k miles over 20 years is 750 miles lol.  Maybe grandpa only drove it to church and to the store.

Exactly, there's nothing. We're averaging about 3k miles a year on our explorer and it feels like we barely drive the thing.