2008 Ford Escape Unveiled

Blue Oval Guide

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick, sorry to burst your bubble, but those pics are of the Hybrid version. They have the optional 110V power outlet. The regular gas ones won't have this option.

Is this something you know through insider knowledge? There's no reason a non-hybrid car can't have an inverter -- a bunch of the small SUV competitors have them.

I'm starting to wonder if powertrains were carried over simply because the Escape will receive the value pricing that the Expy and Explorer received. Which would make since, considering the Edge will occupy a portion of the retail market that the Escape laid smack dab in.

If Ford offers up the quality enhancements at a lower price. Then good work.

Correction: Ford BETTER value price the hell out of the Escape. Judging from the new VUE that was recently unvieled, it is going to have some rough competition.

Edited by Michael Reynolds

Is this something you know through insider knowledge? There's no reason a non-hybrid car can't have an inverter -- a bunch of the small SUV competitors have them.

I didn't say that. All I did was answer his question about the Escape having a 110V outlet. I wanted to correct him and letting him know that the picture of the Green Escape was of the Hybrid version. You read into it way too much. Oh, and about insider info, I'm a Ford salesman, and I have the ordering guide infront of me.

Edited by 05fordgt

I didn't say that. All I did was answer his question about the Escape having a 110V outlet. I wanted to correct him and letting him know that the picture of the Green Escape was of the Hybrid version. You read into it way too much. Oh, and about insider info, I'm a Ford salesman, and I have the ordering guide infront of me.

re:

They have the optional 110V power outlet. The regular gas ones won't have this option.

Just to clarify: inverter = the 110V outlet option. In which case, it's not "reading into it way too much", it's saying exactly what you said :P

I don't suppose the order guide is publicly available anywhere?

The photos seem to answer NO, but does anyone know if this new Escape will be offering a compass?

Dodge has a similiar display for temp/mpg/... mounted above its rearview mirror. It seems to be a handy feature and the handiest feature is its compass, followed by outside temp and then DTE and other mileage-related calculations. But its compass is a standout feature according to its owners.

So what all is Ford going to display in all that empty space on top of the stack?

They have pictures of it. Also it has a AC 110v plug to, thats great.

330.jpg

Order guides are out for the '08 Escape??????? Thought '08 Escape was just announced. Is the order bank open for these and pricing available already too???

Edited by bilge

I don't suppose the order guide is publicly available anywhere?

No they aren't. Thought your local dealer should have them for you. If you want, send me a PM, and I can fax you a copy.

They have pictures of it. Also it has a AC 110v plug to, thats great.

330.jpg

Again, that 110V power outlet, is ONLY on the Hybrid. The regular gas-only Escape won't have this

Order guides are out for the '08 Escape??????? Thought '08 Escape was just announced. Is the order bank open for these and pricing available already too???

The vehicle had been announce a while ago. The guides came out November 1st, and the order banks have been open for a few weeks now. My dealer already has put an order in for one.

If Ford offers up the quality enhancements at a lower price. Then good work.

Correction: Ford BETTER value price the hell out of the Escape. Judging from the new VUE that was recently unvieled, it is going to have some rough competition.

agree with you michael....that vue is pretty nice looking. I like the escape-even the grill-much better packaged than the explorer or expedition...but the competition continues to develop very good product as well....

kind of like the buick enclave-that is the first buick I would ever buy-just think it is going to be a huge seller and some of the shortcomings of the lincoln are magnified-and I happen to like the mkx-just don't see it being the best in it's class.

got to give the general some credit....they are starting to run on all cylinders-probably 3-4 years ahead of where ford is right now

Given that Saturn is getting moved up market (see the Aura starting at nearly 20K, the Outlook fully stickering at over 40K) I doubt the Vue is going to be competing directly with the Escape and will be better target for the Edge to take care of, where it matches up better.

Keep in Mind that the Escape is the Small "Truck" where as the Edge is the small CUV.

I don't think the edge is considered a small CUV

In the Ford line up it is, its just like the Equinox and Torrent, they are considered small Crossovers, not Small SUVs, when they are nearly the size of an Explorer! I'm still not 100% sure where they classify what makes a SUV over a CUV, esp when most small "SUV"s are car-based like a CUV.

Big square black radios. They'll never learn. At least it does sport the graphic screen to enhance it some. Other than that I like the interior. The green paint scheme is nasty as hell, the black looks pretty good. The body design is neither the typical nacrolpetic Ford design, nor is it cutting edge fresh. It's just so / so, acceptable I guess.

too many damn SUV\CUVs... getting confused... iam not much of a truck man, love sedans... by looking at the VW and Vue, they look more Edge competion, not escape.. and they new escape looks nice too me...

too many of you are critial of ford, like any of you are design techs... you look at something else and think ford should copy.. get real people.

Well after looking at the escapes two new competition that were unveiled today also at LA:

The VW Tiguan:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/11/28/vol...es-world-debut/

and the Saturn Vue:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/11/29/200...-vue-announced/

The escape just seems old and dated.

You must be joking. I don't like either of these. The Saturn looks like a Kia and the interior is no where near as nice as the Escape.

I think your bias is clouding your vision.

Do you have any pricing info and when will it hit the dealer showrooms??

It looks much better than the previous Escape, but the design is very old-fashioned and it may not be able to tap enough of the people who are still interested in clunky and bumpy SUV shapes of the 90s. The Edge will fill the desire for sleeker CUV design, but the Escape won't be able to compete well against the new wave of CUVs.

I fear that the Escape has completely missed the mark, this is NOT what people want anymore.

Big square black radios. They'll never learn. At least it does sport the graphic screen to enhance it some. Other than that I like the interior. The green paint scheme is nasty as hell, the black looks pretty good. The body design is neither the typical nacrolpetic Ford design, nor is it cutting edge fresh. It's just so / so, acceptable I guess.

WTF?!?

Radio systems without the Nav head unit won't even use that design, I'm sure you were around to complain about the Mariner when pictures surfaced not to long ago, didn't you notice it then? I'm sorry are you expecting the Nav unit to be round? Geez....