mustang bitch fest

well once again ttac is ripping on a vehicle. a vehicle the author admits to having not driven or even sat it. that website is officially full of tools. then they rip on fords drive one campaign.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/ford-deat...ve-one-act-two/

and if you read the comments you will notice our old friend p71 talking smack

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the comments on the current stang interior were spot on....i will have to see if the hype generated over the 2010 stang interior is justifiable when i sit in the new model...the current PT dilema is also a problem for myself...dont push ecoboost then just recycle the old crap until later down the cycle model year (same as new f150 with the old PT trash)...just makes no sense....far as P71...the guy was and is correct about ford dishing out far better condiments to europe while we get the trash....that i agree with and have never understood is ford philosophy in why they continue to do that..overall ford seems well positioned..just have to survive the next 24-36 months (hopefully they can)

the guy was and is correct about ford dishing out far better condiments to europe while we get the trash....

Just because we don't get it here doesn't make it automatically better then what we have already.

This whole article is a fucking pointless bitchfest with an attention grabbing title to it...Robert Fargo asked me to write for him years ago and I just ignored him...glad I did since his website is the automotive equivenet to the National Enquirer

OMG a live rear axle on a car in the 21st century!!! Give me a break, from what I've read the only issue with the Mustang is the over boosted steering (which IMO is easily corrected).

And god what a horrible interior on a car that starts @ 21K. Robert Farago and company truly have it out for domestic automakers. Proof? Their silly 'Death Watch' series.

Stupidest thing, I've ever read. Is that why the Mustang ousells every other sportscar on the market? As a matter of fact, it probibly sells better than any 2 other sports cars combined. As for P, I've been torturing him pretty good on AB. I don't think he likes me... :cry:

BTW: does anyone else find it ironic and hypocritical of P71_Clown Vic to be complaining about a solid axle and 320 hp, when he masturbates to solid axle 250 hp grandpa cars?

Edited by chiefstang

Just because we don't get it here doesn't make it automatically better then what we have already.

This whole article is a fucking pointless bitchfest with an attention grabbing title to it...Robert Fargo asked me to write for him years ago and I just ignored him...glad I did since his website is the automotive equivenet to the National Enquirer

yes the whole article is BS and railing on a vehicle you have never even drove is asine..i personally feel however the author is correct on how bad and cheap the mustang interior is and was..again i will pass judgement when i see a 2010 stang on my dealers lot...when i am not reading good houskeeping i read the national enquirer...i like to know who has been impregnanted by bigfoot..worth a good laugh

I absolutely do NOT take ANYONE seriously that touts the taurus X in any form or in any conversation...I sell the damn things...2 inquirys a YEAR, A YEAR, yep lets ride THOSE coatails to profitability, thats it, need I say anymore or are the X worshippers so friggen ignorant that they live in a dreamworld TOTALLY removed from reality...gets REAL old...AMAZING....hey, while we are at it, lets form an opinion of something we have never driven, let alone sat in....but hey, I need to write something to justify my existance....

hey, while we are at it, lets form an opinion of something we have never driven, let alone sat in....but hey, I need to write something to justify my existance....

Kind of like how they are with the Euro Fords too eh? I bet only a handful of people on this site, or that site (or AB, Jalop, or LLN for that matter) have even SEEN a Mondeo or Euro Focus in the flesh let alone actually DRIVEN one.

EDIT - Hell! living in SoCal the amount of Mexican vehicles we see up here in a year is more than P has probably EVER seen.

Chevy Tornado's, Those funky Chevys that look like Kia's, EcoSports and Fiestas still show up around here. I take pics when i get a chance and they arent that great. I started a thread maybe a year ago here wondering what the hell an EcoSport was and i remember saying it looked like a cheap Escape. The last previous gen Fiesta i saw looked like a cheap Focus. Imagine Yaris/Corolla and you get what i mean.

Edited by Sixt9coug

the comments on the current stang interior were spot on....i will have to see if the hype generated over the 2010 stang interior is justifiable when i sit in the new model...the current PT dilema is also a problem for myself...dont push ecoboost then just recycle the old crap until later down the cycle model year (same as new f150 with the old PT trash)...just makes no sense....far as P71...the guy was and is correct about ford dishing out far better condiments to europe while we get the trash....that i agree with and have never understood is ford philosophy in why they continue to do that..overall ford seems well positioned..just have to survive the next 24-36 months (hopefully they can)

Give me a break! If Ford intends on using the Escape as mold for the roll out of the Mustang's new powertrain, the current carryovers won't even make it a year. Like it or not, but Ford's staggered roll outs of new transmissions and engines has worked. The reliability and efficiency appears to be there, something that I (as well as most consumers) place a lot more emphasis on. You of all people that has complained about Ford quality, should know better.

And another thing. What makes Ford of Europe's product lineup so much better (aside from the Focus)? Dollars to doughnuts vehicles such as the Mondeo wouldn't sell here as well.

Kind of like how they are with the Euro Fords too eh? I bet only a handful of people on this site, or that site (or AB, Jalop, or LLN for that matter) have even SEEN a Mondeo or Euro Focus in the flesh let alone actually DRIVEN one.

one can make an opinion based on photgraphs, but nothing ranks with the "in the flesh, hands on looky loos", I had the pleasure to check out a higher line Mondeo ( no drive ) in Ireland,,,my opinion...a vey handsome vehicle that exuded class....

they look better in the pics then what we have...perception wise its makes north american ford products looks inferior while they (europe) gets the superior looking stuff...a pic is worth a thousands words and from where i stand ford is shafting its north american buyers

Obviously suffering from a major credibility-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------gap. P still posts on there with impugnity. Oh, and everybody knows photographs tell you everything you need to know about a car. Just ask Car and Driver Magazine. I rest I my case. :ohsnap:

Edited by RichardJensen
I don't like horizontal scrollbars.....!

Give me a break! If Ford intends on using the Escape as mold for the roll out of the Mustang's new powertrain, the current carryovers won't even make it a year. Like it or not, but Ford's staggered roll outs of new transmissions and engines has worked. The reliability and efficiency appears to be there, something that I (as well as most consumers) place a lot more emphasis on. You of all people that has complained about Ford quality, should know better.

And another thing. What makes Ford of Europe's product lineup so much better (aside from the Focus)? Dollars to doughnuts vehicles such as the Mondeo wouldn't sell here as well.

the ONLY thing I saw was that the cars are generally smaller, or have more fuel efficient drivetrains ( a necessity of the inherantly higher gas prices ) they are also HEAVILY optioned, so even though smaller and more compact they are like shrunken luxo cars. That said, I doubt performance would be acceptable here, we don't accept manual transmissions as well, and lets face it Americans are just plain bigger ( and spoiled ) Smaller cars are veiwed as BUDGET cars here....they are NOT on the DARK side....

That article couldn't have been written any better if it were commisioned by Toyo-nda.

Only one bit of truth I cared for, the powertrain.

I'd like to get a '10 Mustang, but I think Ford should have put in a 6-Speed auto-tranny to help improve mileage. My 06' V6/auto5 can get about 26mpg... IF you drive the speed limit. Where I live even the truckers go faster than that! The 6th gear would increase mileage in the 75mph area (I hope), which is the average hwy speed around here.

Also, the Cologne V-6 is fun enough but not very smooth. I think 250hp should be the minimum on a Mustang.

Lastly, I noticed P71 failed to mention what car he drives! :lol:

That article couldn't have been written any better if it were commisioned by Toyo-nda.

Only one bit of truth I cared for, the powertrain.

I'd like to get a '10 Mustang, but I think Ford should have put in a 6-Speed auto-tranny to help improve mileage. My 06' V6/auto5 can get about 26mpg... IF you drive the speed limit. Where I live even the truckers go faster than that! The 6th gear would increase mileage in the 75mph area (I hope), which is the average hwy speed around here.

Also, the Cologne V-6 is fun enough but not very smooth. I think 250hp should be the minimum on a Mustang.

Lastly, I noticed P71 failed to mention what car he drives! :lol:

P reminds me of that Carnie game where you have a hammer and hit Clowns that pop up randomly.....he pops up everywhere it seems...usually full of anti ford sentiment.

Geez what a bunch of hyperbole!

Everyone (the author and the commentors) reach further and further to make a simple point, trying to outdo one another. Is there room for improvement? Sure. A 5.0/400 HP in the 2011 Mustang should be OK don't ya think? The 4.6/300 HP in my 05 GT has been enough.