jpd80

• Last visited

• Days Won

jpd80 last won the day on April 8

jpd80 had the most liked content!

Recent Profile Visitors

11,102 profile views

jpd80's Achievements

1. Thanks, they do some testing in Michigan as part of global projects, Im waiting for the press to spot it and run wild with assumptions….
  2. I just noticed that there’s over 53,000 Explorers in inventory with just under 44,000 at dealer’s nationwide. Need some incentives to get sales moving or cut production.
  3. Something tells me that was one of the goals with original E-Max BEV project but then it was turned into something completely different with higher expectations. Im curious to see the technical details on the BEV Puma to see exactly what Ford did to go from ICE to BEV, maybe similar could be done with C2 architecture provided that it could be altered correctly for efficiency and low costs..perhaps the clean sheet CE1 does all of that with far less complication….
  4. That earlier Everest was on a different platform and had a Tupperware interior, there was no T6 Everest until last year, so it’s a share with Ranger, not a premium utility. In any case, Everest is by all accounts never coming to America The real issue with Bronco is the high prices that Ford thinks it can charge, that’s an easy fix if Ford chooses to do so, incentives or good lease deals.
  5. I wouldn’t expect it but considering there’s a change of product emphasis, it’s maybe another remote possibility….
  6. Aussie top ten for April, it’s been a long time since Ford had two vehicles in the top ten which is normally dominated by Toyota and the Korean brands. The rise in hybrids is also happening here in Australia https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/vfacts-april-2024-record-month-hybrids-and-plug-in-hybrids-surge Top 10 Brands - Toyota 20,771 +72.7% Ford 8648 +71.3% Mazda 7301 +5.4% Kia 6653 +7.3% Mitsubishi 5314 +19.7% Hyundai 5185 -9.5% Isuzu Ute 4256 +46.6% MG 3781 +9.2% GWM 3330 +50.3% Subaru 3246 +29.3% Top 10 Models - Toyota RAV4 5857 Ford Ranger 5569 Toyota HiLux 4693 Ford Everest 2400 Isuzu D-Max 2380 Toyota Corolla 2097 Toyota LandCruiser wagon 1970 Isuzu MU-X 1876 Toyota Camry 1873 Mitsubishi Outlander 1848 SUVs - 55.7% Light commercial vehicles - 22.0% Passenger cars - 17.8% Heavy commercial vehicles - 4.5%
  7. The reason that the Mustang is now the only V8 muscle car left is because that buyer group has reduced to the point where the strongest (corporate support) example survives. I don’t know that there’s anything extra that could be done save reducing prices to increase sales. So when it gets to that point, Ford is keeping the Mustang simply as a mark of respect for those rusted on buyers who want one and also other V8 buyers than have no other choice but Mustang.
  8. LOL, all that means is you opinion is as worthless as mine… but as someone who has actually seen both in the flesh, I do have an advantage… And yes, I bet the Everest rear body was based on Durango styling exactly because it was never intended for sale in the USA… If Bronco sales are just flagging because of high prices, the remedy of incentives takes away Ford’s reason for making such a premium vehicle in the first place but 26,000 in inventory doesn’t mean that Ford should panic, and buyers should get ready for a summer with good cash incentives or killer buy back leasing deals
  9. The best part about Ford’s April sales is F Series sales being over 64,000, they are Ford’s main profit earners. Inventory levels at 203,000 almost guarantees that there is now plenty of stock at dealerships so wait time is now back to pre-pandemic levels. Bronco is an example of how Ford tried to develop a strong income stream from a lifestyle vehicle with heritage roots that resonated with “gotta have”buyers. It now seems that most of the hardcore buyers have their vehicles and now Bronco sorta competes with the rest of the market where something like a Ranger based Everest SUV that’s more day to day may have been a more financially sound vehicle.
  10. Below is the link to a great read about what was happening at Ford in the 1980s and how, Don Petersen, Jac Telnack and Lou Veraldi plays their parts in making the FWD Taurus happen. Even though Petersen was a strong supporter of RWDs like FOE Sierra and Scorpio (Bob Lutz) he was instrumental in allowing the US team to develop the best possible answer for their market. https://www.curbsideclassic.com/automotive-histories/automotive-history-the-ford-taurus-was-almost-going-to-be-rear-wheel-drive/
  11. For me, it’s Lightning Blue, Everest looks great in it too…
  12. Tesla is being enigmatic about this, the basis of the 2 being low cost was changed construction process. I assume that was cutting out more time consuming steps in the body shop area, the rumour was the vehicle being gigacastings in a few major pieces that could be quickly joined…that process could be applied to the next generation 3, Y, S and X if Tesla chose to do so. And I suspect the deflection of the rumoured 2 to an autonomous taxi vehicle is probably an smart way to cover what is really planned without lying in investment calls. Of course, this is speculation but you’re right about Musk announcements ending up being inaccurate but it serves the purpose of redirection away from disappointment over Q1 results falling short of expectation. At some point, Tesla sales wil start to level out unless it offers a 2 sized vehicle that markets like Europe and China crave but I doing so that will probably carve into 3/Y sales as people in those regions probably chose a smaller vehicle for their needs.
  13. First of May inventory numbers for Ford will tell us the actual days supply for each vehicle type. If combined F Series inventory remains below 200,000 I think that will help supply rather than hinder. We all know how much Ford has jacked up MSRPs over the past few years or even encouraged XLT buyers to buy higher trim levels so this is where incentives and discounting gets interesting…..remember those XLT that used to have lux PACs? All I’m saying is that Ford may take a different route….
  14. Yeah and it’s been saying that for the past six months….
  15. Why is Farley still receiving a bonus for being such a terrible manager? The board should be cutting his and all the Senior VPs’ bonuses until KPIs are met.