Ford 2006 4th Quarter Financial Results

This topic could go way off course with the bible quotes and montanablue.....really are you ready to stop supporting companies like home depot, apple, honda and every other major company that gives equal rights to employees? Please.

Interestingly enough, check out the first few posts over at clickondetroit.com's online forum regarding Ford's loss.

http://forums.ibsys.com/viewmessages.cfm?s...amp;Topic=15210

-Ovaltine

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interestingly enough, check out the first few posts over at clickondetroit.com's online forum regarding Ford's loss.

http://forums.ibsys.com/viewmessages.cfm?s...amp;Topic=15210

-Ovaltine

So let the Christian Coalition boycott. I'd rather see Ford go out of business than cave to these nuts. Then again, if they go out of business, you just know the CC would take credit for it and use it as ammunition for their next target: "We buried Ford, change your policy or you're next."

Personally, I don't see it impacting much of anything. I hang around plenty of forums and chat rooms and real life car people. Only the die-hard car enthusiasts even seem to be aware of the boycott, and of those who know about it, a scant few even really care about it.

I know more than a few churches around here that have talked about boycotting Ford...don't know how it is elsewhere. The bad thing is that many of these people(conservatives) were probably loyal customers.

how many churches do you actually "hang around?" who does those things.....not anyone I know...most of my "christian" friends care about more important things....like a WAR where thousands of people are killed every month!

No let's go boycott Ford because they advertise to the homosexual crowd. I may have to tell my two family members who are gay-sister and brother-n-law to go out and buy ford products....guess they never got that memo because one drive's a mercedes and another drives a toyota.

This is a slipery slope that you cannot win. What is conserative enough for me is not enough for you. And the guy to your right wants to take things even more conserative. Go ahead eddie back to the good old days in 1950 where the dad was a closet homo and the mother was a drunk and, and, and.....this is what I am talking about. Not to mention all the priests that were molesting kids in the name of god.

how many churches do you actually "hang around?" who does those things.....not anyone I know...most of my "christian" friends care about more important things....like a WAR where thousands of people are killed every month!

No let's go boycott Ford because they advertise to the homosexual crowd. I may have to tell my two family members who are gay-sister and brother-n-law to go out and buy ford products....guess they never got that memo because one drive's a mercedes and another drives a toyota.

This is a slipery slope that you cannot win. What is conserative enough for me is not enough for you. And the guy to your right wants to take things even more conserative. Go ahead eddie back to the good old days in 1950 where the dad was a closet homo and the mother was a drunk and, and, and.....this is what I am talking about. Not to mention all the priests that were molesting kids in the name of god.

It's clear that you have your opinion, but don't insult others because they also have an opinion. I don't care if people boycott Ford, but they do have the right to do so. :shades:

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Richard, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Gee. Pioneer gets out his Bible and surprises us all with a quote from Revelations.

So who are the pessimists and Ford haters around here going to pick on when Ford is gone??? :lol:

Not really, but you have to admit that the timing does lend itself to speculation if you hail from the Judeo-Christian world.

The formula is pretty well laid out in the Bible.

"Do or condone things offensive to the Lord, and bad things (traditionally) are usually done to, or allowed to happen, to the offender."

Again.... I'm not saying that's what's happening. But it makes for interesting debate. B)

-Ovaltine

Dang that is funny that Nissan sales have been in the gutter as well and they are the most anti-gay auto company. You would think their sales should be WAY up when all the religious right are looking for a new car. Be a good conservative and send your money to France.

Edited by 2005Explorer

So who are the pessimists and Ford haters around here going to pick on when Ford is gone??? :lol:

No one is picking on them, just stating facts. Ford brought this on themselves with 35 years worth of bad management. Ford execs were more interested in lining their own pockets, playing race politics and giving money to fags than they were in building a decent car.

The deadwood is finally going to get burned. I say good riddance. I hope GM goes the same way soon.

and giving money to fags

Even if you hate a group of people...you should still be enough of an adult to refrain from using language like that. If I used that word or the N word around my house my mother or father would have washed my mouth out with soap.

Edited by 2005Explorer

Even if you hate a group of people...you should still be enough of an adult to refrain from using language like that. If I used that word or the N word around my house my mother or father would have washed my mouth out with soap.

Excuse me if I don't give a shit about PC-ims.

Seriously.

There will be no more mentioning of homosexuality on this topic.

If you want to criticize Ford for their affirmative action or equal-opportunity policies, start your own forum. They will not be debated here.

There will be no further warnings.

What are you worried about? Ford is done. Better look for a new gig now while you can.

Edited by skor

What do you think a relative, friend and neighbor of a Ford employee thinks when he sees that Ford employee driving a non-Ford vehicle, especially a vehicle made by a foreign-based mfr.? If the Ford employee doesn't have the pride and confidence to buy what he toils to make 40 hrs. a week -- or more -- then why should anyone else? Until the Ford employee parking lot is filled with Fords or Ford brand vehicles, there can be no turnaround for Ford! EVER! This was touched upon before in here. The Ford employee has to sell his product! It has to be a grass roots effort starting from within the company! If you work for the cable company, you don't buy AT&T internet service! Let's wake up!

Ford posted a huge loss, but their stock price went up, amazing. So I guess that means Ford is doing slightly better than expected and investors have confidence in Mullaly.

Yahoo: Ford (1/25)

Chief Financial Officer Don Leclair said Ford expects favorable results from its automotive business in 2007.

But because of interest on its debt, "total automotive results are expected to be worse in 2007 than in 2006," he said.

Edited by JM

What do you think a relative, friend and neighbor of a Ford employee thinks when he sees that Ford employee driving a non-Ford vehicle, especially a vehicle made by a foreign-based mfr.? If the Ford employee doesn't have the pride and confidence to buy what he toils to make 40 hrs. a week -- or more -- then why should anyone else? Until the Ford employee parking lot is filled with Fords or Ford brand vehicles, there can be no turnaround for Ford! EVER! This was touched upon before in here. The Ford employee has to sell his product! It has to be a grass roots effort starting from within the company! If you work for the cable company, you don't buy AT&T internet service! Let's wake up!

I would venture a guess that the overwhelming number of Ford employees drive Ford vehicles. That is a part of the employe discount plan. There is also peer pressure to contend with. Certainly some small number drive competitor's products. I agree that it looks very bad for the people who build Fords to show so little confidence in their own work.

I guess time will tell. As far as the members of this forum who are pesamistic, just log off and go away. Then when times for ford get better you can jump back on the bandwagon like you never left.

Ofcourse, everyone does realize that if the financial fate of a company is determinded by the advertising practices, then every large company in America would be bankrupt. Unless the "higher power" is selective and only listens to prayers of the AFA supporters. But then I guess if that was so then Jim Bakers PTL (pass the loot) would have thrived and purchased all diversity supporting companies and disolve them.

Either way, I feel confident that Ford will survive after much restructuring. Thats my opinion, and like assholes everyone has one.

Good luck to everyone..... cause the AFA may boycott you one day.... and we all know that means.....the end of you!!!

Ford posted a huge loss, but their stock price went up, amazing. So I guess that means Ford is doing slightly better than expected and investors have confidence in Mullaly.

Yahoo: Ford (1/25)

The true value of a company is reflected in its stock price. At the moment , Ford is trading at $8.22.

If you check out the price over the past 5 years you get to see the real picture. When bill ford took over the share price rose to over $15.00. It was gas prices and overreliance on F150 that wrecked ford. Everything is cyclic, we're just at the start again.