Edge's Rocky Launch

ANTAUS

You have to consider the locations where the parts are sourced from to make that assertion.

As far as I know the Chrysler plant recieves no parts directly to the plant via rail. Everything comes in by truck. They have no railroad dock to unload parts. And they recieve parts from all over.

Edited by Bluecon

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you talking about the Stickney Ave. plant? That plant stopped production when the new Wrangler went to Toledo North. Parkway plant stopped a few years back.....or do I have them backwards......anyway, the only Jeep plant left in Toledo is the Toledo North complex. They make the Liberty, Nitro, and the new 2 and 4 door Wrangler.

Actually Chrysler group claims to have 2 plants in Toledo.

1)Toledo North Assembly Ohio Liberty and Nitro 2.1 mil sq ft, 2,969 emps, started 2001 (1997 groundbreaking).

2)Toledo Supplier Park (Toledo South) Ohio Body, paint, chassis of JK Wrangler Owned and operated in partnership with KUKA, Magna Steyr, OMMC starting 2006. 3,408 emps, 2.5 mil sq ft.

1+1=2

However on BON forums in the Pioneer dreamworld they only have one plant.(or possibly in Monroe, Mich. 1+1=1)

http://www.allpar.com/corporate/factories.html

All I can say is I have yet to see an Edge on the road around here. We live at high altitude, mountains of New Mexico where most people drive either AWD or 4X4 vehicles, especially this winter. Frankly, I've been looking to see a new Edge as I don't like the styling from the pictures - reminds me of the way I felt about the 500.

Sure hope it's not another very nice vehicle wrapped in styling that no one notices or appreciates much.

For the past 2 weeks in the morning, well afternoon by the time I wake up...I visit a local Starbucks and while waiting at the drive-thru, there's an Orange Edge parked on the commercial parcel next door to it. Seeing it was parked in front of my local Insurance policy company which I happen to know some people there, I just ventured in and just questioned it belonged to. Lady was sort of surprised but she says that she has been getting thumbs up for it's styling. She's very happy with it. Ironically she had a Honda Accord previously, and the tranny issue ticked her off. Then she went on to say the odomter issue Honda had was the last straw because one was related to the other, no one wanted to fix the issue because she was supposedly over warranty, etc.etc

Well she bought an Edge and loves it. She said nowadays it just seems to be that from she has heard word of mouth and others experience, that the domestic manufacturer's were just about as reliable their japanese counterpart, so she shed the biasness she has had for the past 10 years and bought a Ford.

I guess things might be looking up...well, just a little.

So far in MA I've seen three on the road, all on the highway. One black, one silver, one white, all nice looking. Doesn't matte whether we're seeing them or not, just matters whether Ford is selling them or not. I could care less how many are at my local dealership as long as they're selling well overall.

Toledo North is comparable to the Rouge complex. However, there is only ONE Jeep plant in Toledo. The others are supplier plants that feed the Toledo North plant. How do I know this? One of my former Journeyman left Ford on a buyout and now works at the Kuka plant. I could care less what allpar says.

Also, there is no Jeep plant in Monroe. However, there is an ACH plant there.

I realize that is only the Chrysler Group claiming they have 2 vehicle assembly plants in Toledo.

Obviously your tradesman buddy has secret insider knowledge and the Wranglers are not assembled in a seperate plant. The Wrangler assembly plant is for some reason actually empty. (for a reason that only Journeymen know)

Wikipedia also says your wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toledo_Complex

I had two Edge sightings, within 15 minutes of each other, in Mesa AZ. One was silver, and the other was a tan color. They looked very nice, and were rather distinctive of anything else on the road.

On that same topic, while down in the valley yesterday, I must have seen 30 Fusions on the road. As they don't blend into the background, it is easy to spot them.

Finally, while I realize this is a bit off topic, I have a question for everyone. Why is Ford universally panned by some on here, for putting the chrome grille on a few cars, and having a "corporate" identity............... when Nissan does the exact same thing............. only worse??? I saw new Altimas and Sentras, and could barely tell the difference. Only when they are side by side, does the size difference make itself known. Also, the new Altima looks so much like the old one, that the only way I can tell the difference is with the head and taillights............... yet there is no complaining about that. Just something I have noticed.

Who's to say somebody like yourself didn't write that wiki? :rolleyes:

Tell ya what, next time I go to visit my wife at her work, Toledo North is in the area. I'll take some pictures of the plant for ya since it is probably on the other side of the country to you. ;)

No need to take a picture.

This is good practice for training mules or working with electricians.

"The Toledo area has benefited from two new assembly plants as well as new vehicles. Besides the Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Wrangler Unlimited production at the Toledo Supplier plant, production of Jeep Liberty at the Toledo North Assembly plant began when the plant opened in 2001. Production of the new 2007 Dodge Nitro began last month. The new Toledo Supplier Park replaces Chrysler Group's Parkway and Stickney assembly operations which have built Jeep brand vehicles since the 1940s."

"The TSP location is 2.0 million square feet with 1,400 employees while the Toledo North Assembly Plant is 2.10 million square feet and has more than 2,700 employees. Employees at both plants are represented by United Auto Workers Local 12."

http://www.rockcrawler.com/features/newssh...st/jk_plant.asp

post-20881-1172444863_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bluecon

Thanks for proving me right.

Toledo North Assembly = Jeep plant

TSP = Toledo Supplier Park = Supplier plants

Once again--a/Toledo North builds both Jeep Liberties and Dodge Nitros and is one of the two plants(they do not build Jeep Wranglers in this plant)

b/Toledo Supplier Park builds Jeep Wranglers and is another one of the two plants(they do not build Jeep Liberties or Dodge Nitros in this plant)

Little math lesson 1+1=2 (you probably learned that sometime in the Munroe High School system and then forgot it)

When they say 'two new plants' it is a big clue.

"The Toledo area has benefited from two new assembly plants as well as new vehicles. Besides the Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Wrangler Unlimited production at the Toledo Supplier plant, production of Jeep Liberty at the Toledo North Assembly plant began when the plant opened in 2001. Production of the new 2007 Dodge Nitro began last month. The new Toledo Supplier Park replaces Chrysler Group's Parkway and Stickney assembly operations which have built Jeep brand vehicles since the 1940s."

The only explanation for this lack of ability to read and count to two is the American Public School system. This is an example of why the Public School system must be reformed. Break the stranglehold of the MEA on Michigans youth.

In this instance, 1+1=1. A supplier park/plant is not a Jeep plant.

Wow! Must be new math.

Toledo Supplier Park where the Jeep Wrangler is assembled is not a an assembly plant for Jeep?

What is your definition af a Jeep assembly plant?

What is the Toledo Supplier Park plant?

Are you not man enough to admit you are wrong?

The Edge is on sale in the detroit area for $199/month to A/Z plan members on a lease.

Bec's prediction is looking real good.

Actually I believe part of his prediction was that they would not give them away.

Yes, because all of that proves that Ford is getting worried about moving vehicles in a market that is still very much in recession. Give me a break.

It just gets worse and worse with you doesn't it?

OH.....

OMG BMW is getting desprate. They are offering lease specials on the newly released 328/330i coupes and the X5. GOD!!!!

Edited by Michael Reynolds

The Edge is on sale in the detroit area for $199/month to A/Z plan members on a lease.

Bec's prediction is looking real good.

Actually I believe part of his prediction was that they would not give them away.

The reason that they can give a $199 lease rate is not because the can give them away, but because they expect the end residual to be high.

So you are saying they cannot move them when they are brand new so they sell them at a big discount, but in 3 years when the lease is up everybody will want one? Economics doesn't work like that. Think supply and demand. There is not to much supply yet there is little demand. Houston we have a problem.

So you are saying they cannot move them when they are brand new so they sell them at a big discount, but in 3 years when the lease is up everybody will want one? Economics doesn't work like that. Think supply and demand. There is not to much supply yet there is little demand. Houston we have a problem.

NO, they are saying that residuals dictate that the Edge will depreciate a lot less in a specified time frame than say some of the competition. A lease after all is comprised of interest and depreciation. So what big discount aside from A/Z plan and retail cash on select models is there?

NO, they are saying that residuals dictate that the Edge will depreciate a lot less in a specified time frame than say some of the competition. A lease after all is comprised of interest and depreciation. So what big discount aside from A/Z plan and retail cash on select models is there?

$199 per month lease.