New spy shots of 2009 F-150

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it...a lot! I love the interior of the new Escape. I like how the radio read out is higher on the dash so it is easier to see. I like how the front doors are larger on the supercrew too. Now if the powertrain is not the same clunky 4-spd and sluggish engine feel, then there is my next vehicle.

LOL I'm no where near that myself...but I do like the MKZ and MKR grills

I just hope they don't overdo it...AKA like the Navigator...hells bells..chrome overkill.....just look at Euro cars....NOT a lot of chrome and TASTEFULLY done....MKR was as close to perfect as I have seen a concept car.....watch them screw it up............

I just hope they don't overdo it...AKA like the Navigator...hells bells..chrome overkill.....just look at Euro cars....NOT a lot of chrome and TASTEFULLY done....MKR was as close to perfect as I have seen a concept car.....watch them screw it up............

I saw a new Navi at a dealer sunday morning sans the chrome on the lower bumper (aka brace face)...looked good

I saw a new Navi at a dealer sunday morning sans the chrome on the lower bumper (aka brace face)...looked good

must have been custom....is it just me or could you throw Potatoes at a moving Navigator and have french fries pre-cut....

Screw the buttons! Styling taken after the horrid looking 08 Super Duty?? The truck that's universally hated for it's hideous front end? Good going ford design! Ruin your bread and butter!

Fields? Mulally? Please do something!!

Errr, no, you're being wrong again.

That "universally hated" styling is rolling out of dealerships at a very rapid rate. I LIKE the styling, and have since I finally saw it in person months back.

I'd say you should gather information before assuming you have any idea what "universally" means. :hysterical:

The Super Duties look tough unlike the Chevy which screams to me "Truck for a ***".

I still think they reigned in the stylists on the SD's too much....should be even MORE Tonka-ish....F150 different beast...more of a day to day daily driver...should be "classy" rather than too "Tough".....

i was on the highway the other night and i looked at the on coming lane and saw an 18 wheeler, it got closer and i noticed that it was smaller than an 18 wheeler, then it became parallel with me and i noticed it was an 08 SD 350 or 450 dualie, it looked huge, much more in your face than the new GM HDs, and i don't even mention the Dodge HD, if i had the money i would consider it for hauling my boat, even though it is kinda overkill when that truck has like 8,000 lbs on its competition in towing, and i could still use my F-150 to tow it...LOL

Edited by Ford-150

I don't know if I am the only one here that is thinking that Fords Three bar grill may adapt better to Fords F150 pickup than any of the vehicles it is on now...I remember a concept drawing with the 3 bar that looked fantastic....

Edited by Deanh

Dude can you get an enema or something? It seems like you have nothing good to say about Ford...

I've seen several 08 Super Duties and they aren't ugly at all, even with the cheap ass fleet black grills on them...

I saw a blue 08 F-250 yesterday and it reminded me of a brawny Power tool with its styling..its not ugly at all...it looks like a truck that ready to goto work, not look pretty...

They are ugly as sin, it may work on the SD's, but many light truck buyers WILL be turned off by the gruesome styling, hopefully that's nothing but Edmunds horseshit.

12.7 billion, keep thinking about that number...

Errr, no, you're being wrong again.

That "universally hated" styling is rolling out of dealerships at a very rapid rate. I LIKE the styling, and have since I finally saw it in person months back.

I'd say you should gather information before assuming you have any idea what "universally" means. :hysterical:

OMG! Because the SD's still sell despite being hideous means they are not hideous?

You fools will still be singing the praises of mediocrity when Ford is out of business, I just don't understand why you people even bother posting here if you hate Ford so much??

You fools will still be singing the praises of mediocrity when Ford is out of business, I just don't understand why you people even bother posting here if you hate Ford so much??

Just because Ford doesn't do what YOU want them to doesn't make them mired in mediocrity...

Maybe you should take some of your own medicine since you NEVER have anything good to say about Ford? Are you terminally depressed or something?

Oh well this all moot...your not going to change Ford and I'm not gonna change you so whats the point :rolleyes:

More than anything, I'm really curious to see how the Mark LT turns out for 2009. The current model has sold to expectations, and has usually outsold the Escalade EXT. I wonder if it will start aping the Navigator, or continue as a slightly Lincoln-ized F-150.

I'm guessing it'll adopt the Navi's grill. Seems as for trucks and "crossovers" that is the grille, then for passenger cars it'll be the waterfall grille.

The Mark LT has done well, considering how many people put it down for just being a Ford clone with more chrome. I won't venture out and say that since it's done well, maybe Ford will take a few more steps to differentiate at it.I believe the current Mark LT was them testing the waters, just as they did with the first Navi. Then as time passed, it grew away since it made a business case to do so.

LT is dead after 08.

Wow. That was REALLY unexpected. For a vehicle that's basically free to develop, I'm surprised Ford doesn't continue to milk the profits.

On the OTHER hand, if Ford spends the money on the makeover to redesign the sheetmetal of the Town Car, they can probably make more money on 10,000 additional Town Cars than 10,000 Mark LT's.

Just because Ford doesn't do what YOU want them to doesn't make them mired in mediocrity...

Maybe you should take some of your own medicine since you NEVER have anything good to say about Ford? Are you terminally depressed or something?

Oh well this all moot...your not going to change Ford and I'm not gonna change you so whats the point :rolleyes:

Looks around... Walks through Ford dealer...

Nope.. no signs odf mediocrity or product abandonment round here!!

Things are starting to change though, the Edge/MKX and Flex are signs that things are changing.

When Ford does stupid stuff they deserve to be criticized for it, if nobody ever said anything then we'd be stuck with a guy like Nasser forever, people would be afraid to say what needs to be said. If you haven't been keeping up with what the new boss is doing, he's changing that system, it's not wrong to say products like the TC/GM/CV are ridiculously outdated, or products like the Ranger, or that half ass re-designs that look like they were styled by the blind (2008 Focus) need to never happen again when the company is on the ropes.

I want Ford to make class leading cars and trucks, not last in class, not "just good enough", the Mustang, the Edge, the Flex, the F-150 (minus the powertrains) are class leading, they can do this with everything they make if they just have the desire, and thinking mediocrity is good enough doesn't produce class leading vehicles. I just hope they don't make the new F-150 look like crap, or you may run off a lot of buyers to other makes, and Ford cannot afford to do that with their bread and butter, seems nobody cares around here.