F-150 vs Tundra Frame Comparison Video

range

and people say we are scared of the tundra, it has HP and TQ and that is about it

our truck has everything except good HP and TQ

but first thing is first, trucks are trucks first, then they can be sports cars

the lightning was good cause you could haul and tow and go fast with it, the tundra only is class leader in HP

I wonder how the Ridgeline (favorite whipping boy here) would do on the same test. :stirpot:

Funny you should ask......it just so happens the Ridgeline will develop body wrinkles from bending while traversing minor ditches.

LINK - scroll down to pics

Notice the wrinkle at the front of the bed.......all that from that little ditch.

"I just noticed about 2 weeks ago a wrinkle behind the passengers side back door where the bed starts, I didnt think much about it but now one has shown up in the same area on the drivers side. Can anyone tell me what is going on? I have never been hit nor have I ever hooked up a trailer to this truck."

Edited by range

Funny you should ask......it just so happens the Ridgeline will develop body wrinkles from bending while traversing minor ditches.

LINK - scroll down to pics

Notice the wrinkle at the front of the bed.......all that from that little ditch.

"I just noticed about 2 weeks ago a wrinkle behind the passengers side back door where the bed starts, I didnt think much about it but now one has shown up in the same area on the drivers side. Can anyone tell me what is going on? I have never been hit nor have I ever hooked up a trailer to this truck."

OMG OMG!!!!! :hysterical: :hysterical:

they are trying to cover it up and saying he abused the truck, i bet a lot of cars could take that better, the Ridgeline is a car with a bed that is part of the whole thing with a raised suspension, i noticed a while ago while riding behind one that they have an independent rear suspension.......you don't put that on a truck meant to tow and haul :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

jbtolbert:

"Listen I was just as defensive with this truck as anyone on this board, before this happend I was convinced that it would hold up to just about anything I put in front of it. But the truth of the matter is they are not as tough as even it competitors. It will prob run longer than any of them but not if you "use" the truck for what it should be built for. I now am convinced that this is compared to the T100 that toyota first released when trying to crack the full size market, it took them several years to get there and now they have the best truck out in that size. I am not saying that Honda will not get there and dont have alot of great ideas but they are misleading in there marketing of what this truck can handle."

so ridgeline buyers don't know shit about trucks!!!

Edited by Ford-150

Yeah. It's an 07 Tundra in the chassis flex video as well.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2007-01-07-tundra_x.htm

Toyota says there's no need for the extra weight of fully boxed rails on some parts of the frame. Adding that weight would cut into the truck's payload capacity without improving the ride, handling, safety or durability, the car company contends.

Somebody at Toyota is gonna end up eating those words.

That's what I was wondering.

I caught the presenter saying the Tundra frame was from a double cab. If it is longer than the F-150 frame, a greater amount of flex would be expected correct?

I don't doubt the F-150's frame superiority, but was this an "apples-to-apples" comparison?

I caught the presenter saying the Tundra frame was from a double cab. If it is longer than the F-150 frame, a greater amount of flex would be expected correct?

I don't doubt the F-150's frame superiority, but was this an "apples-to-apples" comparison?

doublecab isnt al that much longer its the crew max that is....hats funny is they are worried about a heavier frame cutting into payload...how can you cut into an already very low 2000lbs lol

Hysterical. It just goes to prove that there is a difference between quality and durability. Like someone said, like the F-150, I'm sure the Tundra will run to 150,000 miles without any majors issues if treated like a car. Same with the Ridgeline. However, if you're beating on this truck, there's no doubt in my mind that the Toyota and Honda are going to crumble under the abuse, where the Ford will just be asking for more.

Toyota pickups have always been like this. They'll disintegrate over time, but the mechanical parts will always survive.

OMG OMG!!!!! :hysterical::hysterical:

they are trying to cover it up and saying he abused the truck, i bet a lot of cars could take that better, the Ridgeline is a car with a bed that is part of the whole thing with a raised suspension, i noticed a while ago while riding behind one that they have an independent rear suspension.......you don't put that on a truck meant to tow and haul :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

jbtolbert:

"Listen I was just as defensive with this truck as anyone on this board, before this happend I was convinced that it would hold up to just about anything I put in front of it. But the truth of the matter is they are not as tough as even it competitors. It will prob run longer than any of them but not if you "use" the truck for what it should be built for. I now am convinced that this is compared to the T100 that toyota first released when trying to crack the full size market, it took them several years to get there and now they have the best truck out in that size. I am not saying that Honda will not get there and dont have alot of great ideas but they are misleading in there marketing of what this truck can handle."

so ridgeline buyers don't know shit about trucks!!!

Hahahaha, I was just saying the other day how Ridgelines were cars with beds, not trucks..

And of course their owners know nothing about trucks, or they wouldnt call them trucks, nor say the Tundra is the best truck.

This just confirms what I saw the other night, I was going to mke a thread about it.

I saw a new white Tundra on the freeway in L.A. the other night and the bed was wobbling around like in the video but less intense. It was on one of those old concrete sections of freeway with the bumps that are spaced about every 15 feet., I thought I was imagining things, guess not, never seen a truck dothat from another manufacturer..

And about that Ridgeline, cars cross much worse stuff everyday without any sort of damage, my friend went off roading in a Focus and the only thing that was damaged were the tires, and they were jumping the thing. A friend of mine once got a convertible 95 Mustang 10 feet in the air and the only thing damaged in the landing was the front air dam, no bent frame, no busted anything, even my Chevy loving friends were impressed at the Mustang's durability. What a joke that Ridgeline is..

This just confirms what I saw the other night, I was going to mke a thread about it.

I saw a new white Tundra on the freeway in L.A. the other night and the bed was wobbling around like in the video but less intense. It was on one of those old concrete sections of freeway with the bumps that are spaced about every 15 feet., I thought I was imagining things, guess not, never seen a truck dothat from another manufacturer..

And about that Ridgeline, cars cross much worse stuff everyday without any sort of damage, my friend went off roading in a Focus and the only thing that was damaged were the tires, and they were jumping the thing. A friend of mine once got a convertible 95 Mustang 10 feet in the air and the only thing damaged in the landing was the front air dam, no bent frame, no busted anything, even my Chevy loving friends were impressed at the Mustang's durability. What a joke that Ridgeline is..

I can vouch for the durability of normal cars offroad. People I know have regularly offroaded Malibus, Town Cars, Grand Prixs, Tauruses, and old Cutlass Cieras, at RATHER high speeds over horrendous terrain (think rally racing, without prepping the cars for offroading first). Among the worst damage I can recall was the failure of a steering box of the Town Car after ramming a very large dumpster at an unsafe speed. Aside from that and getting hung up on rocks and stuff, we haven't had any structural or mechanical issues at all.

Our most remarkable structural failure was the disintegration of engine mounts on a 1993 Chevrolet Lumina coupe, causing the engine to fall right out of the bay at highway speed, but that has much more to do with merciless Pennsylvania road salt than any abuse of the car.

I can vouch for the durability of normal cars offroad. People I know have regularly offroaded Malibus, Town Cars, Grand Prixs, Tauruses, and old Cutlass Cieras, at RATHER high speeds over horrendous terrain (think rally racing, without prepping the cars for offroading first). Among the worst damage I can recall was the failure of a steering box of the Town Car after ramming a very large dumpster at an unsafe speed. Aside from that and getting hung up on rocks and stuff, we haven't had any structural or mechanical issues at all.

Our most remarkable structural failure was the disintegration of engine mounts on a 1993 Chevrolet Lumina coupe, causing the engine to fall right out of the bay at highway speed, but that has much more to do with merciless Pennsylvania road salt than any abuse of the car.

Ok, something about this just sounds like a hell of a lot of fun to me.