140,852 Altimas RECALLED.

LincolnFan

lol, they will replace with some new FLAME Resistant ones.. ummm, why should we worry about air filters getting any type of flame near them????? i wonder, if you just replaced the filter with say a frame or something, would that be ok?

i guess some nissian factory filters are prone to spontanous combustion lol.

lol, they will replace with some new FLAME Resistant ones.. ummm, why should we worry about air filters getting any type of flame near them????? i wonder, if you just replaced the filter with say a frame or something, would that be ok?

i guess some nissian factory filters are prone to spontanous combustion lol.

Unfortunately, some folks still smoke. Some of these people flick their still lit cigarettes out the window of moving vehicles. The cigarettes have a tendency to disperse their burning embers explosively when they hit the ground or other objects. These embers have the possibility of being injested into the fresh air intake system of the engine where it gets trapped at the air filter by any vehicles beind the smokers. The increase in air velocity at the filter when the engine is running usually increases the ember's intensity potentially starting a fire if the filter media is ignitable.

Unfortunately, some folks still smoke. Some of these people flick their still lit cigarettes out the window of moving vehicles. The cigarettes have a tendency to disperse their burning embers explosively when they hit the ground or other objects. These embers have the possibility of being injested into the fresh air intake system of the engine where it gets trapped at the air filter by any vehicles beind the smokers. The increase in air velocity at the filter when the engine is running usually increases the ember's intensity potentially starting a fire if the filter media is ignitable.

A couple of years ago, I was driving to work and the person in front of me flicked their lit cigarette out the window and hit the grill of my car. When I got to work, I took a look and the cigarette was lodged in the grill still lit. Good thing I took before heading in to my office!

Hey BOF, NEW PIC TIME!

photo0043jv8.jpg

:beerchug: :beerchug:

Nissan is just simply a Datsun in disguise. Now I know why they changed names back in the 1980's. Datsun was the worst between Toyota and Honda for shitty cars back then. Wait a minute... THEY WERE ALL SHITTY! GEE I WONDER WHY I STILL DON'T SEE ONE OF THOSE CARS MADE BEFORE 1990 ANYWHERE!

Edited by Bored of Pisteon

Unfortunately, some folks still smoke.

:stop:

Some of these people flick their still lit cigarettes out the window of moving vehicles. The cigarettes have a tendency to disperse their burning embers explosively when they hit the ground or other objects. These embers have the possibility of being injested into the fresh air intake system of the engine where it gets trapped at the air filter by any vehicles beind the smokers. The increase in air velocity at the filter when the engine is running usually increases the ember's intensity potentially starting a fire if the filter media is ignitable.

True. But do you know why cigarettes get flicked out of moving vehicles? In many cases it is laziness, but in most the lack of an ashtray is also to blame.

:stop:

True. But do you know why cigarettes get flicked out of moving vehicles? In many cases it is laziness, but in most the lack of an ashtray is also to blame.

People were flicking cigarettes out the window long before they did away with ashtrays as standard equipment. I'm not buying that excuse.