Lexus SUED - over lack of response to faulty airbags

igor

The Toyota snowball is growing larger and larger. The defects are multiplying and people are beginning to take notice. They deserve everything they have coming.

There goes Toyota/Lexus' "great" quality reputation :titanic:

Now all we need is for people to figure out that Ford product quality is at the same levels as Toyota.

Edited by rmc523

Comments from below the article

My Lexus ES350 is in the shop (about 1 year old and 11K miles). A few months ago they replaced the tranny due to 'flare'. Now the AC stopped and it works but they don't know the cause. The 'flare' was verified on the new tranny and they have reprogrammed the TCM (transmission control module). I should be able to pick it up today. If the flare shows up again they are then supposed to replace the tranny again. I was told that I am going to receive the top end extended warranty at no charge as a result of a service consultant who offered me 3 months payments, extended warranty or a new car along with the first tranny replacement and then called back within the hour and recinded the offer. AND NOW THIS! I was rear ended last year and no airbags went off so I cannot verify the information above but based on my track history with this, my first Lexus, I'm not a satisfied customer as it relates to the product. Lenny the Lexus Lemon (yes I've named the car) has been much more problematic than its worth. And I thought I was buying a troublefree high-quality vehicle.

I've had multiple transmission problems with my 2004 Toyota Camry (even one that was addressed by a TSB) and the dealer won't admit there is something wrong or replace the transmission; they will only put a band-aid on the problems by trying to mask the symptoms. I am never buying another Toyota-brand vehicle again. Add that to poor assembly and less-than-stellar safety performance and you have a recipe for a sub-par car that shouldn't be the number one selling car in America anymore.

:ohsnap:

Comments from below the article

:ohsnap:

wow, it sounds like Toyota is so eager not to damage their reputation that they will damage it by not fixing these problems. Also, since Toyota/Lexus owners are shining light on these problems, and Toyota refuses to do anything, they're going to lose sales from horrible service/maintinence (is that what you would call it?)

Blah blah blah....doesn't matter which company makes the car they all have the same problems. It also doesn't appear to be hurting Toyotas sales any bit. I see a lot more Tundras around here than I did 2 months ago. And all Japanese cars for that matter. Broken cars means job security for me so its all good. :hysterical:

Give it time. In a few years, the public will start to take notice. In 5 to 10, Toyota will be on the decline, with people talking about how a Toyota used to be a quality vehicle.

I'm doing my part and persuading everyone that will listen.

Now that toyota is stepping up to the big leagues like the big three, they too are having the same problems as the big three.

Fuck em, I hope they go down in flames. Perhaps the anti-china wave that is starting will encompase all asian countrys! :happy feet:

I'm doing my part and persuading everyone that will listen.

Now that toyota is stepping up to the big leagues like the big three, they too are having the same problems as the big three.

Fuck em, I hope they go down in flames. Perhaps the anti-china wave that is starting will encompase all asian countrys! :happy feet:

And if anybody dares to buy a Chinese made automobile. I wish the seven plagues on them too!

This is what is happening with FORD. The Lexus airbag failure if it is in fact a failure ( it has to be proven first) is nothing compared to this. If FORD fails to address this quickly they are finished.

In the early morning hours of May 2, 2005 an Iowa couple woke to the smell of smoke coming from her pickup truck in flames parked inside their attached garage of their house. While the Mr. Mohlis went to put out the fire that was coming from under the hood of their Ford F150, the garage and house became engulfed in flames. Before Mrs Mohlis could escape, she was overcome by smoke and died from smoke inhalation. The Mr. Mohlis attempted to rescue his wife from the burning house, but his attempts were unsuccessful. He was later found by fire personnel outside the residence suffering from smoke inhalation, cuts and bruises.

http://www.fordfires.com/

KISSIMMEE, Florida (CNN) -- Early this year, Laura Hernandez nudged her husband, Nestor Oyola, as he slept in their Kissimmee home and asked him to put the Ford Expedition he had bought her the day before into the garage.

She did not want to risk leaving it on the street, where it might be vandalized.

"That was my dream, to have a Ford Expedition," she recalled to CNN about the $22,000 Eddie Bauer 2001 model SUV -- green with gold trim and leather seats.

Oyola moved the Expedition and they went to sleep.

After years of sharing a single car, the couple -- who moved five years ago to the United States from Puerto Rico -- were finally living the American dream: They owned two vehicles and their home.

At 5 the next morning, half an hour after her husband had driven his SUV to work, Hernandez was awakened by barking from Chakuil, their Chihuahua mix.

"He saved our lives," said Hernandez, who smelled smoke and roused her 15-year-old daughter, Rotsenmary.

They had time to grab only the dog and their pet birds before flames spread from the garage and engulfed the house.

Rotsenmary suffered a second-degree burn to her left leg; the charred remains of their 6-month-old cat -- Beethoven -- were found in a corner; the vehicle, the house and its contents were a total loss.

A fire investigator, hired by their auto insurance company, said the blaze was caused by a cruise-control deactivation switch in the SUV -- a type of switch that Ford installed in millions of its vehicles from 1992 until 2003.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/16/for...les/index.html

My mother and father lost their home and many of their dreams when their 1990 Crown Victoria caught fire in their garage and destroyed their home.

My dad, Bill, had just finished lunch and had gone back to work. My mother, Doris, was loading the washing machine in their McGregor, Texas home, when she heard popping sounds coming from the direction of their garage. She put the clothes down and rushed to the kitchen. What she saw would change their lives.

Smoke was pouring under the door between the garage and the kitchen and rapidly filling the house. The fire that started in the garage would eventually destroy their house and many of their dreams. It was their home for 30 years. Dad built it. I grew up there. We had celebrated many a birthday and holiday there. Mom and Dad were about to start their retirement years in comfort and security there. That's all gone now. In March, Dad and a few friends spent a week or so, cleaning up what was left.

My heart broke each time I saw the look on his face when he returned in the evenings. There's an empty lot now in the neighborhood where they used to live. Mom and Dad are living with me until they can get their lives back together. All of our lives have changed as a result of this. The insurance company's fire investigator said that the fire started in the 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria that Mom inherited from my grandfather. It had been in the garage for at least four hours with the engine off. Can you imagine how angry I was to learn that Mom's car had been recalled and Ford never told her? My Dad even took it to the Ford Dealer for service and they didn't say anything. I'll bet you'll be as shocked as I was to learn that almost half of the 7.9 million cars that Ford recalled in 1996 because they catch fire, are still on the road and not fixed! And Ford and the government aren't doing anything about it.

http://www.safetyforum.com/fordfires/buf.html

On October 22, 2004 I bought a 2003 Ford Taurus from Sunbelt Ford. I drove it about 70 miles over the week-end. On October 25, 2004 I drove it to work which is about a 5-minute drive. My windshield was fogged over so I turned on the defogger. As I turned into the school parking lot I noticed a strange smell but attributed it to the foggy air. I got to school about 7:15 and about 7:40 the secretary announced to whoever owned a Ford Taurus to go to your car.

I ran out and the car was smoking. I went and called the dealership and told them that they needed to come to the school. I ran back out and the car was in flames. The fire department was called and they put the fire out. I was beside myself with grief. The school nurse and another teacher took me to lay down in the nurses' station. As I was given a ride home the tow truck was just arriving to pick up the car. About 11:00 my daughter came to help me sort things out.

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:_-K3Oh...;gl=us&stri p=1

And if that's not enough, check out all the pics of different Fords at this site:

http://www.rvappraisals.com/ford-fires.htm

This is way too easy. Ford should have recalled every single vehicle with these switches five years ago.

You mean a class action attorney is filing a lawsuit? Shocking - I'm sure it has nothing to do with him being a money hungry scumbag lawyer, in my opinion.

It's a front wheel drive modern-tech car ladened with useless high-tech features - they all will be unreliable at some point if you own them ten years like I typically do with my vehicles. That's why I avoid purchasing them.

My buddy has a Lexus ES330 - I don't even think he knows how to open the hood on the thing.

Maybe you should see the thread on this web-site about the Chinese auto safety test of how poorly it failed and how that car looked after the test. I wouldn't feel sorry for you in your Chinese car under any circumstances.

Well at least I would have to be involved in an accident to find out its poor crash test result. Most of the self exploding FORDS are hazardous to their owners by their mere existence. ( Conversly, I wouldn't feel sorry for you when your FORD catches fire with you inside it.)

Edited by andy82471

Well at least I would have to be involved in an accident to find out its poor crash test result. Most of the self exploding FORDS are hazardous to their owners by their mere existence. ( Conversly, I wouldn't feel sorry for you when your FORD catches fire with you inside it.)
Edited by andy82471

I won't feel sorry for you when your brain catches fire from the shoddy wiring job thats been done inside lol. The number of vehicles that would actually have this problem are very small. It wasn't even Fords fault and really could not have been predicted. I'm sure some of my fellow posters will help me out by offering examples of other automakers cars killing their owners.

Edited by suv_guy_19

I won't feel sorry for you when your brain catches fire from the shoddy wiring job thats been done inside lol. The number of vehicles that would actually have this problem are very small. It wasn't even Fords fault and really could not have been predicted. I'm sure some of my fellow posters will help me out by offering examples of other automakers cars killing their owners.

Oh I see, 20 to 30 Camshafts fail in the Tundra and Toyotas are POS. 3.6 million ( maybe more since we don't know the number of affected vehicles) recalled because of a defective switch that could set your car and house on fire costing anywhere from tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage and FORD fans say nothing to worry about. Is it any wonder Toyota sells more cars and trucks in the US than FORD. I hope Ford's management has a different attitude towards their customers than you.

It wasn't even Fords fault and really could not have been predicted.

Do you think people are stupid enough to buy that ? FORD PUT THAT CRAPPY SWITCH IN THEIR CARS SO YES IT IS THEIR FAULT. JUST LIKE THE POWERJOKE ENGINE THAT GOES IN THEIR F250 TRUCKS.

Oh I see, 20 to 30 Camshafts fail in the Tundra and Toyotas are POS. 3.6 million ( maybe more since we don't know the number of affected vehicles) recalled because of a defective switch that could set your car and house on fire costing anywhere from tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage and FORD fans say nothing to worry about. Is it any wonder Toyota sells more cars and trucks in the US than FORD. I hope Ford's management has a different attitude towards their customers than you.

It wasn't even Fords fault and really could not have been predicted.

Do you think people are stupid enough to buy that ? FORD PUT THAT CRAPPY SWITCH IN THEIR CARS SO YES IT IS THEIR FAULT. JUST LIKE THE POWERJOKE ENGINE THAT GOES IN THEIR F250 TRUCKS.

First, if you don't like Ford, then why do you come here,

Second...

• 2006 Toyota Sequoia

Recall Date: 20070329

Component: SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:FOUNDATION COMPONENTS:MASTER CYLINDER

Number of Units Affected: 13128

• 2005 Toyota Sequoia

• 2007 Toyota Sequoia

• 2004 Toyota Sequoia

• 2006 Toyota Tundra

Now...hmmm....I wonder how those 13000 people will feel when their master cylinder fails....its not 3.6 million, better find more...

Hmmm, a million trucks with steering linkage problems. That could be interesting. I'm sure its not Toyota's fault though. I mean, they only put it in their vehicle.

NHTSA Campaign ID Number: 05V389000 - Get Details

Recall Data: 09/06/2005

Components: STEERING:LINKAGES:ROD:RELAY:CONNECTING

Units Affected: 977839

Headlight problems, that could be fun for night driving....With all the exterior lighting recalls, its amazing Toyota sells anywhere that people may drive at night.

NHTSA Campaign ID Number: 06E023000 - Get Details

Recall Data: 03/13/2006

Components: EXTERIOR LIGHTING:HEADLIGHTS

Units Affected: 292000

See....its easy to find random examples.