2008 Fusion Here

FordBuyer

Can someone explain "braille" at the bank drive-thru teller ?

Most cars come equipped with back seats also.

Can someone explain why the Homo Depot has about 20 Handicapp parking spaces, maybe one is ever used? Or my gym for that matter which has about 10, all un-used... :)

Can blame the government for that one. They require a certain percentage of handicapped parking spaces everywhere based upon building occupancy limits. Even a ballet school would require a certain number of handicapped spaces.

And speaking of, Why is it that some people must complicate themselves at the McD's, and at the drive-thru speaker they ask.."And can you put the sauce on the side, can you cut that in half, Oh and no Ice please"... I mean, they are GOING to get it wrong anyways, your slowing down everyone behind you, and they are probably going to SPIT in your food for complicating their lives....

Yeah...this one I can't explain. :hysterical:

I was being "feacecious" (sp?) but thanks :) Actually the one with the handicap spaces I had to describe someone who came into a city commission meeting complaining about that fact. Some little old lady with a cane tells him "Let me whack your knees, and see if you have a need for those spots honey"... ;)

Does anyone know if the 3.0L PIPI engine will debut in the Escape, or Fusion first?

Can someone explain "braille" at the bank drive-thru teller ?

Can someone explain why the Homo Depot has about 20 Handicapp parking spaces, maybe one is ever used? Or my gym for that matter which has about 10, all un-used... :)

And speaking of, Why is it that some people must complicate themselves at the McD's, and at the drive-thru speaker they ask.."And can you put the sauce on the side, can you cut that in half, Oh and no Ice please"... I mean, they are GOING to get it wrong anyways, your slowing down everyone behind you, and they are probably going to SPIT in your food for complicating their lives....

off subject but humourous...how bout this...why did Kamakasi ( spelling? ) pilots wear helmets?

Why do we drive on the "Parkway" but park in the "driveway"?

So, Ford saw fit to leave the big ugly square radio in the 2008 Fusion did they? Well, that's it then I guess, I won't be buying a Ford anytime soon.

I would guess the radios are "bin" parts bought in bulk...to individually design a face plate for each and every would be $$$$$$....and basing a buying decision on the design of a faceplate means you need to go and stand in a corner for a time out....holding your breath to get your way aint gonna work either.......

No what I did say was:

.....which was in response to your comments regarding how fast 'x' car accelerated to 60. Anyhow by heavy foot I meant by going around traffic, which in South Florida tend to occupy all of the wrong lanes on the local freeways. Something which the Fusion has no problem doing.

Something the Fusion could do a lot better if it had the 3.5 V6 and achieve better gas mileage at the same time.

So you drive a Legacy eh? So how were my comments above more 'spin' and 'excuses', even though you don't have real world tangible experience with a V-6 Fusion and I do? Is it because you loathe the car that much that you will find any and everything, even if it doesn't make sense, wrong with it? Or is it because you are so all high and mighty because you drive a Subaru Legacy?

My comments were in regard to the Impala estimated gas milage vs. that of the Taurus and Fusion. You're smart enough to follow the thread. Tangible experience? I have driven, in a testing compacity and even considered buying, the Fusion, especially after AWD was offered. Just couldn't get past the interior, engine, backend, lack of standard ABS or available options. Late availablity, typical Ford fashion, according to the know nothing salesman at Greenwood Ford. I don't loathe this car, its attractive, till the backend and you open the door, its a competent handling vehicle, and it has available AWD. Sure its a start but I rather spend my money on a vehicle done right initially.

No what I did say was:

.....which was in response to your comments regarding how fast 'x' car accelerated to 60. Anyhow by heavy foot I meant by going around traffic, which in South Florida tend to occupy all of the wrong lanes on the local freeways. Something which the Fusion has no problem doing.

Something the Fusion could do a lot better if it had the 3.5 V6 and achieve better gas mileage at the same time.

So you drive a Legacy eh? So how were my comments above more 'spin' and 'excuses', even though you don't have real world tangible experience with a V-6 Fusion and I do? Is it because you loathe the car that much that you will find any and everything, even if it doesn't make sense, wrong with it? Or is it because you are so all high and mighty because you drive a Subaru Legacy?

My comments were in regard to the Impala estimated gas milage vs. that of the Taurus and Fusion. You're smart enough to follow the thread. Tangible experience? I have driven, in a testing compacity and even considered buying, the Fusion, especially after AWD was offered. Just couldn't get past the interior, engine, backend, lack of standard ABS or available options. Late availablity, typical Ford fashion, according to the know nothing salesman at Greenwood Ford. I don't loathe this car, its attractive, till the backend and you open the door, its a competent handling vehicle, and it has available AWD. Sure its a start but I rather spend my money on a vehicle done right initially.

I would guess the radios are "bin" parts bought in bulk...to individually design a face plate for each and every would be $$$$$$....and basing a buying decision on the design of a faceplate means you need to go and stand in a corner for a time out....holding your breath to get your way aint gonna work either.......

I'm not standing in any corner or holding my breath or any other nursery school admonishments thank you. I'm voting with my dollars buddy. They changed the radio in the Escape and made the center stack a much needed improvement over the outdated and ugly square radio that's been in Fords literally for decades now. But they didn't do it with the Fusion. They left that ugly thing in there and that was the one and only real drawback I had with the car. That center stack is pitiful. It gets hammered in every review I've read about it as well so apparently I'm not the only one holding my breath and stomping my feet. They should have ditched it and switched to something like the new Escape. I like the car otherwise but things like this are why Ford is losing. I'm not waiting around to see if maybe they wise up for the 2009 model. Long before then I will have bought another car, but not a Ford. You lost again guys, sorry.

I'm not standing in any corner or holding my breath or any other nursery school admonishments thank you. I'm voting with my dollars buddy. They changed the radio in the Escape and made the center stack a much needed improvement over the outdated and ugly square radio that's been in Fords literally for decades now. But they didn't do it with the Fusion. They left that ugly thing in there and that was the one and only real drawback I had with the car. That center stack is pitiful. It gets hammered in every review I've read about it as well so apparently I'm not the only one holding my breath and stomping my feet. They should have ditched it and switched to something like the new Escape. I like the car otherwise but things like this are why Ford is losing. I'm not waiting around to see if maybe they wise up for the 2009 model. Long before then I will have bought another car, but not a Ford. You lost again guys, sorry.

you sound spoiled.....to state one will not even cionsider based on a faceplate appearance screams of it......center stack on the Escape sux from over elaborate styling for styling sake...haphazard to say the least but YES it does look better...EXCEPT TO ALEINATED AFTER MARKET STEREO JUNKIES...me...regardless of how good a car is base my buying decision on how nice the dealership fob is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ahem! some people are never happy blackie.....you seem to have fallen off the horse.....and YOU not buying is bound to raise alarms in Detroit......

Edited by Deanh

The radio's not going to change until the '09 refresh. Not pleased with it still being there, but it makes sense. No point in refreshing the center stack for one model year and then changing it again for the refresh a year later (of course, that used to be the norm when cars actually CHANGED every model year...ah the good ol' days).

As for someone else's question about the PIP 3.0's release: I imagine it will come in the Escape first, as its JOB1 (from my understanding) is 6-7 months earlier than the Fusion's will be for '09 models.

you sound spoiled.....to state one will not even cionsider based on a faceplate appearance screams of it......center stack on the Escape sux from over elaborate styling for styling sake...haphazard to say the least but YES it does look better...EXCEPT TO ALEINATED AFTER MARKET STEREO JUNKIES...me...regardless of how good a car is base my buying decision on how nice the dealership fob is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ahem! some people are never happy blackie.....you seem to have fallen off the horse.....and YOU not buying is bound to raise alarms in Detroit......

You buy cars for the reasons you like (which are apparently getting the dealership guys to kiss your ass) and I'll buy for mine. The Fusion is already behind the competition in a lot of regards such as the engines and features and options content. But I was willing to overlook those because it is a very reliable car and I like the body styling. But I get to spend all the time sitting in it and driving it so it might as well have an interior that I like. The center stack is a joke to me pure and simple. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that. It lacks a certain aesthetic quality to me. Mostly it just looks like they transplanted the center stack from a (insert late 80's early 90s Ford name here). It has nothing to do with being spoiled and everything to do with making the decision on a 20 to 25 thousand dollar purchase. Thanks for trying to trivialize it though, saw that coming from last week. You mean the boys in Detroit are not going to be alarmed if I don't buy the Fusion? :o Yes thank you for that statement from the Department of the Obvious. We both know I couldn't care less about it as much as they don't care less about it.

You buy cars for the reasons you like (which are apparently getting the dealership guys to kiss your ass) and I'll buy for mine. The Fusion is already behind the competition in a lot of regards such as the engines and features and options content. But I was willing to overlook those because it is a very reliable car and I like the body styling. But I get to spend all the time sitting in it and driving it so it might as well have an interior that I like. The center stack is a joke to me pure and simple. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that. It lacks a certain aesthetic quality to me. Mostly it just looks like they transplanted the center stack from a (insert late 80's early 90s Ford name here). It has nothing to do with being spoiled and everything to do with making the decision on a 20 to 25 thousand dollar purchase. Thanks for trying to trivialize it though, saw that coming from last week. You mean the boys in Detroit are not going to be alarmed if I don't buy the Fusion? :o Yes thank you for that statement from the Department of the Obvious. We both know I couldn't care less about it as much as they don't care less about it.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: funny....obviously you seem to forget i work at a dealership sellin the damn things....yet to hear a similar complaint. Its a great car...and that comes from the service drive...they DON"T have any problems.....obviously you are entitled to have your own hot buttons for a purchase but veiw the WHOLE car NOT base anything on one gripe...other wise you will NEVER but ANY car...each is a compromise...it is ones ability to see the good ...NOT the bad....I agree the center stack is not the most attractive....BUT it appeals to the masses AND is aftermarket friendly....THAT is perhaps the bigger of the two....a LOT of people rip out factory and go superior aftermarket...try that on an Escape.....my suggestion would be after market for you...case closed...better quality potential as well.......Blackie you need to chill....$hit...I sound like a damn objection overcoming salesperson...apologies......

...other wise you will NEVER but ANY car...

Oh sure I will, just not this one. lol Furthermore, I'm not really interested in putting after market stereos in man. I neither have the time to mess with that and frankly I have better things to spend my money on.

Also you may want to correct your spelling error there just for accuracy, but I knew what you were saying.

Oh sure I will, just not this one. lol Furthermore, I'm not really interested in putting after market stereos in man. I neither have the time to mess with that and frankly I have better things to spend my money on.

Also you may want to correct your spelling error there just for accuracy, but I knew what you were saying.

:hysterical: gave up on my spelling a LONG time ago...AND my typing is pathetic...it is the reasons 99% of my damn posts are edited...CORRECTIONS DAMMIT! now do you still object to the Nav head-unit? Personally I am curious at how the appearance will be when it comes to the new Synch syatems....i will add i think about 85 % of people will want this option so perhaps your wish will be granted...dammit i even had to backup and retype "granted"....Ford may have a windfall with this system since i beleive they are the sole supplier..at least initially....and it blows MY theories up in flames...people WILL buy based on ahead unit!!!! LOL!

Oh and trust me I understood where you were going with that. The bit about 'excuses' and so-on left me scratching my head, especially when there isn't any real world evidence to backup the arguments being posed.

Having said that, I realize the Fusion is far from perfect. I'm not even going to argue it is a good buy, because quite frankly there are things that I would have liked to see on it that aren't even available. What I am claiming is that it is a great first try, an all new nameplate on a heavily revised platform competing in a very cut-throat market. Of course your Legacy is a bit better sorted out, it's a vehicle that has been around for quite sometime allowing Subaru the ability to sort through what works and what doesn't. Previous generations of the Legacy were not anywhere as remotely sorted out as the current gen, which is a testament to continuous improvements.

Edited by Michael Reynolds

:hysterical: gave up on my spelling a LONG time ago...AND my typing is pathetic...it is the reasons 99% of my damn posts are edited...CORRECTIONS DAMMIT! now do you still object to the Nav head-unit? Personally I am curious at how the appearance will be when it comes to the new Synch syatems....i will add i think about 85 % of people will want this option so perhaps your wish will be granted...dammit i even had to backup and retype "granted"....Ford may have a windfall with this system since i beleive they are the sole supplier..at least initially....and it blows MY theories up in flames...people WILL buy based on ahead unit!!!! LOL!

Honestly I'm neither here nor there on the nav unit. It is of no value to me personally because I would never use it. Perhaps a digital stereo with the touch screen interface would be a better choice then the current radio block thing and it would still fit in that double din hole. Don't talk to me about cost either because they offer them on cars in the same price range. That might give that center stack a better look and at the same time offer a stereo with a wider range of appeal. But that's me.

You stole that from Gallagher's 1988 comedy special.

(Doubt it, but I remember him doing that joke. I'd be amazed if you did.)

I'm not going to take credit for it because I heard it from somone else, but it wasn't Gallagher, I can't stand that guy. I wouldn't doubt if whomever I got it from got it from the Gallagher show however. I was in high school in 1988 so I remember the 80's pretty well.

I'm not going to take credit for it because I heard it from somone else, but it wasn't Gallagher, I can't stand that guy. I wouldn't doubt if whomever I got it from got it from the Gallagher show however. I was in high school in 1988 so I remember the 80's pretty well.

Stephen Wright.