Neighbor's Edge Takes A Dump

forddaughter

I love my Edge and it's good on gas, my favorite part is the vista roof! Sorry for your neighbors luck!

That can happen to any vehicle. No matter how hard manufacturers try they will never be able to make a perfect vehicle all the time. What matters is how seldom vehicles have a problem.

Well.. if you head on over to the Edge forum - Edge owners have reported a few quirky things popping up - they range from

overfilled trannies

alarms going off in the night

Losing power while driving

miscalibrated odometers

jerky transmissions..

Fortunately for me - no quirks - but I have said..my toyota had a faulty computer mother board from the start - engine light at 300kms - then 2 more at 7000 and 10000 - dealer first replaced carbon filter then threatened to tear my fuel line up - I called toyota HO - suggested they talk to dealer before any other steps are taken - I suggested perhaps a bad puter chip - and lo and behold that was it - and about $3000 warranty job - no more lights

SH** happens - its a car...

Edited by Edgy Girl

That can happen to any vehicle. No matter how hard manufacturers try they will never be able to make a perfect vehicle all the time. What matters is how seldom vehicles have a problem.

I think it is more important how the manufacturer rectifies your problems when they do occur!

Edited by Furious1Auto

All we know is the hood was up could be anything. Without facts this thread is b/s

AMEN to that. How dumb to assume the problem takes away from the dependability of the vehicle. Has this person never left their lights on by mistake and needed a quick jumpstart? Being the owner of a 2007 AWD SEL+ which has performed flawlessly for the last eight months, I take serious exception to generalities when someone is just trying to trash the product. Get the facts and make realistic conclusions. By the way, will we ever know the depth of the problem or is this just idle nonsense?

AMEN to that. How dumb to assume the problem takes away from the dependability of the vehicle. Has this person never left their lights on by mistake and needed a quick jumpstart? Being the owner of a 2007 AWD SEL+ which has performed flawlessly for the last eight months, I take serious exception to generalities when someone is just trying to trash the product. Get the facts and make realistic conclusions. By the way, will we ever know the depth of the problem or is this just idle nonsense?

The fact that she never replied speaks for itself!

The fact that she never replied speaks for itself!

The fact that poster posted this supposed problem before more was known makes it very disengenuous in itself. And then to not follow up post with more info is really bad posting. That makes you nothing more than flamer. How surprising...another poster with an agenda. Nothing to bring to the table, just flames.

Maybe it was the poster him/herself and yeah it would be stuck in the driveway if someone ran OUT of gas!!!! :ninja:

Well, I hope the owner didn't open the hood to put gas in it! :hysterical: I wont suggest that their wasn't any problem even new parts fail occasionally. When I was hauling cars once, I loaded ad load and a new Crown Vic with 3 miles on it was on my headache rack. And when I went to unload it the tranny was toast. Shit happens, it probably lost vacuum on the tranny fill and was low on fluid. Either way I know it was not sold like that. If you get a car with a bug or two that's why we offer warranty coverage, once a cars broke in they normally last a long time with no more than scheduled maintainance!

Before slamming forddaughter, I do remember she isn't a flamer/troll. The reason I say so is because she is the daughter of a Ford employee and also had inquired on getting a new Ford with wheelchair capability (I think it was a discussion of Freestyle vs. Edge).

Don't assume the worst among less prolific users.

Other posts by the OP do not appear to be from someone trolling. It would be good though if she followed up with a report. A car can fail to start for a number of reasons; some the fault of the manufacturer, some the fault of the owner. Could have been a mechanical error, could have been the owner accidently leaving the car running and it ran out of gas (don't laugh, I've seen it happen).

"Neighbor's Edge Takes A Dump, Only a Few Months Old" is a bit harsh of a topic title without knowing the verdict though.

• 2 weeks later...
Before slamming forddaughter, I do remember she isn't a flamer/troll. The reason I say so is because she is the daughter of a Ford employee and also had inquired on getting a new Ford with wheelchair capability (I think it was a discussion of Freestyle vs. Edge).

no, but she does tend to bitch and moan and complain about all things Ford.

• 1 month later...