Ford introducing new colors for 2008 MY

More signs of life at Ford. With the male-dominated management of car companies, they often underestimate how important color is to buyers, ESPECIALLY women. I remember a few years ago at NYIAS, my lady and I were at the Jaguar display, and she was completely blown away by the Black Cherry paint on the new XJ Portfolio, which as some may recall, was a beautiful metallic black color that shimmered red when hit by light. She was so smitten by it, that we came very close to buying one (but since I'm not high on my local Jaguar dealer's priority list, I couldn't order one).

I also like how the MKS is being used as a showcase of Ford's latest tech (Powershift, TwinForce, new paint). The way things SHOULD be.

Does this mean "Oxford White" will be gone? I always thought it was nice yet, pun unintended, too pedestrian.

If they get rid of Oxford White, what color are they going to dump on all the fleet whore vehicles?? Fleets love white vehicles. They are the easiest to paint over.

Fleet vehicles sometimes get colors not available to the public, such as some state police cars. I suppose 'oxford white' would be fleet only?

They sometimes get colors that are not supposed to be available even to fleet cars. :) Like the pinkish Panthers the MN highway patrol got several years ago. Supposed to be Maroon. They got pink.

Peace and Blessings

Ford shouldn't take the workers advice on fashion, period.

Hey, what I know is that the color of '07 was orange.

The color of '08, my understanding, is semi-deep browns and navy blues.

It sounds like we're sort of going back to the late 1970s with colors -- look at the greens, the browns and the other adventurous/off-kilter colors. Stuff like Calypso Green was straight 1992. Stuff like Ice Blue and the new green they're using to replace the Titanium Green is like straight 1974.

Edited by Roadrunner