Freshened Focus will debut at Frankfurt

Edstock

The Mercury does look good there, but so would a Fusion with a black interior

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...st&p=216813

And now, they are almost identical. The Mecury symbol on the steering wheel does look nicer that the blue oval though. More eye catching.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...st&p=217016

-suv_guy_19

I usually dont agree w/ pscario, but I prefer the darker black upper dash of the Milan, its more tasteful to me personally

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...st&p=216816

That Fusion interior looks MUCH better than the one pscario posted. I agree w/ you about the Mercury emblem on the steering wheel too. The guages on the Milan are a bit more interesting too (not THAT big of a deal though)

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...st&p=217391

-rmc253

Looks almost the same to me.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...st&p=217014

-akirby

So you've got me, with 'no preference', akirby with 'no preference', and rmc253, pcsario, and suv_guy_19 who prefer the Milan interior.

The total is 3 - 2 in favor of the Milan. This is, according to pcsario, and I quote, "mostly everyone."

Note that only pcsario referred to the Milan as "less ugly."

Note also that suv_guy_19 preferred, ultimately, only the Mercury badge (which obviously would go away if Mercury were canceled).

Also, note that rmc253 preferred, ultimately, the badge as well, and referred to the gauges as 'interesting.'

Now, folks here you have preserved for your own edification, an example of spin.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As you pointed out, the balance favored my stance, Ford shouldn't be deprived of the additional bits.

You didn't fool anyone by refusing to admit the Mercury looks less ugly btw, the question wasn't "RJ do you like tan interiors?", so add yourself into the final tally.

You also played dumb denying Dearborn decontents Fords, when it was pointed out that aluminum is indeed J Mays prefered style for Ford interiors on a worldwide basis. Funny how only NA gets the shaft. In Europe, Australia, Japan, etc. you don't have to pay a premium to get stuff like $2 plastic inserts or a $5 analog clock.

So yes, of all the people involved in the discussion, "mostly everyone" is fairly accurate.

But, since you're the master here when it comes to spinning things, I guess I can't contest your judgement.

Edited by pcsario

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...st&p=216813

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...st&p=217016

-suv_guy_19

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...st&p=216816

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...st&p=217391

-rmc253

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...st&p=217014

-akirby

So you've got me, with 'no preference', akirby with 'no preference', and rmc253, pcsario, and suv_guy_19 who prefer the Milan interior.

The total is 3 - 2 in favor of the Milan. This is, according to pcsario, and I quote, "mostly everyone."

Note that only pcsario referred to the Milan as "less ugly."

Note also that suv_guy_19 preferred, ultimately, only the Mercury badge (which obviously would go away if Mercury were canceled).

Also, note that rmc253 preferred, ultimately, the badge as well, and referred to the gauges as 'interesting.'

Now, folks here you have preserved for your own edification, an example of spin.

To be fair, I really didn't prefer the Milan interior as you said. It may simply have been the light that made the badge look more eye catching. I like the Mercury symbol thats all. So actually, I have no preference also.

06Fusion_24_1139011131.jpg

Re: Clock---Now you see it, now you don't.

BTW, notice how the Fusion comes with the same color scheme as the Milan:

06-fusion-interior.jpg

But please, I beg of you, continue to selectively use stock imagery in your responses.

(I must admit until I saw this pic, I didn't know that Ford offered both a charcoal and a darker tan two-tone combo--most of the vehicles I've seen on lot are all black and dark tan/tan--suggesting the dark charcoal on light beige may not be all that popular)

Edited by RichardJensen

Yeah... quite funny.

"Oh shit, I forgot about the base interior... better post something quick!"

Clock, wood/aluminum inserts are standard on every Milan and Sable/Montego.

Again, the only regions where you've to pay thousands extra to get stuff others get for free, is NA.

The 18k Milan has it, though. Fusion starts at what? 17k?

Yes Richard, Dearborn doesn't decontent interiors just to justify a Merc variant, you're right as usual.

I'm sorry. Only Steve Martin could provide the voice for the response I have for this post. Do your best to imagine.

WOW. THANK YOU SO MUCH. IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE NOW...

YOU GET MORE WHEN YOU PAY MORE! THAT NEVER OCCURRED TO ME.

Again, the only regions where you've to pay thousands extra to get stuff others get for free, is NA.

Hmm.

The Mondeo Edge, according to the Ford of Britain website, only comes with one interior color.

I guess if you don't want that color, you have to pay extra.

No HMI on the Mondeo Edge either.

Gee. The way you've been talking, I thought there was only one Mondeo, and it came with everything.

No analog clock on the Mondeo Edge. No fancy stereo display. Just a (gasp) brick.

Edited by RichardJensen

YOU GET MORE WHEN YOU PAY MORE! THAT NEVER OCCURRED TO ME.

Oh so we get a couple of $2 pieces of plastic and a $5 analog clock for the bargain price of one thousand plus dollars?

Cool, no wonder Ford NA is the only division in the shithole, customers aren't retarded.

Funny how the competition doesn't charge you thousands extra for such ridiculous stuff.

And who can forget about Ford removing HID's out of the 500/Taurus at the last minute just so the Merc could be justified?

Yeah. I'm sure that's what happened. I'm sure at the last minute Ford execs came in and said, "You can't have THIS, so Mercury can have -something- exclusive."

That explains why the MKX doesn't have HIDs either. It's to justify the Mercury version.

BTW, the '08 Sable doesn't have HIDs.

Funny how the competition doesn't charge you thousands extra for such ridiculous stuff.

They don't?

Maybe you should actually do some research before you say stuff like this.

For instance, the Toyota Camry starts at about $700 more than the Fusion. So at the cost of that clock and trim, you get an entire car.

toyota_camry_ce5spdmt_2007_dashboard_instrumentpanel_640x480.jpg

toyota_camry_ce5spdmt_2007_dashboard_10_346x270.jpg

What's this? Redundant steering wheel controls on one model and none on the other? Heresy!

Wood trim on one and not on the other? Appalling!

And have I told you lately that the failure of the Fusion is something that exists largely in the space between your ears, and nowhere else?

Eh? Who's talking about bricks now?

The outgoing Mondeo had aluminum inserts and analog clock standard in every trim.

Does the base Mondeo lack the aluminum inserts? Does FOE charge you extra for the strongest visual parts of the interior?

Oh that's right, you get a decent looking interior STANDARD on every trim, unlike this:

You're grasping at straws now Richard.

They don't?

Maybe you should actually do some research before you say stuff like this.

For instance, the Toyota Camry starts at about $700 more than the Fusion. So at the cost of that clock and trim, you get an entire car.

Thanks for proving my point.

Base model and the overall contrasts remain intact, they even have inserts on the center console.

If I buy a base Fusion, I don't get contrasting anything. Just moulded plastic.

If the Camry was a Ford NA car, all the silver parts would be GREY or whatever color the dash is.

Edited by pcsario

Does the base Mondeo lack the aluminum inserts? Does FOE charge you extra for the strongest visual parts of the interior?

Oh. It's the 'strongest parts of the interior' now.

Yeah. The $17,770 Fusion S doesn't have trim bits and an analog clock. Wow. That's just appalling. Especially given the Accords and Camries to be had at that price.

Oh, wait, that's not the point. The point is that those trim bits and that clock are the 'strongest visual parts'.

Gee, uh, yeah, thanks Mr. Pc.

The point is that those trim bits and that clock are the 'strongest visual parts'.

Gee, uh, yeah, thanks Mr. Pc.

Do you even realize the ammount of contradictions you're making now?

If they're not the key points in this case, why does the base interior look like crap without them?

BTW, the base Accord can be had for 18k, and Honda doesn't charge you thousands to give you a decent interior, if you pay more, it only gets better. That's the key part you're obviously missing. There's a difference between doing what Honda and FOE do, and forcing people to pay extra just to get a FIXED interior.

A friggin' base Rabbit has a better interior than the S Fusion.

Edited by pcsario

What's the excuse for being able to get a V6 and AWD for $24k on a Fusion, but not on the Accord?

Yeah, a V6 with only 221 HP Vs. 270 you get with other current players. I mean it's only a 50 HP gap. lol_2.gif

Last time I checked the Accord was frozen in the last century, and wasn't intended as Honda's main entry for the '06-'12 gen in the marketplace, it has a more powerful V6 engine than the Fusion, and --as verified by most reviewers-- outhandles a base Fusion without baby wheels.

For 2009, according to insiders, Fusion still gets LESS HP and WORSE fuel economy than a 7 year old Accord.

So yeah, wanna talk about excuses, what are the excuses for that?

Edited by pcsario

Sorry, I must have missed your explanation about the LEDs, aluminum, extra 50HP, etc?

The new Accord has AWD, and in itself, it's hardly a popular option. We would get into a "fractions of fractions of customers" thing.

Unless the majority of people had it, it's pointless to say "well --WITH AWD-- Fusion could..."

Now, about that answer...

Edited by pcsario