Freshened Focus will debut at Frankfurt

Edstock

Oh I didn't realize this was the school of how to judge and form opinions on ownership of the automobile. My assertion of watered down euro Fords to American Fords has nothing to do with sunrise or the other examples you write of, it has to do with my experience with the Focus, and very obvious differences of said vehicle. You want to mark my opinion as an F, I'd say you are not qualified as you have no experience with said vehicles. I do not need a professers input or judgement as well on the subject either to form my opinion.

Wow. Do you understand that there is a difference between opinions and facts?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Someone is looking at history with rose colored glasses....

http://www.blueovalnews.com/documents/sales.2001.pdf

Focus 2000MY sales 286K

Focus 2001MY sales 264K

Focus 2002MY Sales 243K

Focus 2003MY Sales 229K

Focus 2004MY Sales 208K

Focus 2005MY Sales 187K!

Focus 2006MY Sales 177K

Lost over 110K over six years on the market..not good

you forgot about Canada and Mexico. I was looking at the actual production numbers. for Mexico and Wayne. it was between 280-290k units for Wayne and about 70-90k for Mexico.

why have the focus sales fallen? stagnation

As bad as the rangers or Taurus? no.

Edited by Biker16

Yeah. Those 13 recalls had nothing to do with it.

Funny, what's the number 1 excuse the Fusion firemen always bring up?

"Bububu it takes years to change or make a name in this industry (but lets forget about the Altima, Edge, etc)"

By 2012, all things considered, the Focus would have been the segment-best pick, for almost eight straight years.

Not a Honda, not a Mazda... a FORD.

You're only vindicating them by acknowledging there was no reason, or incentive, to give Ford another chance.

Stagnation indeed, as biker said.

Just saying "bubuu the chickens at Dearborn were too scared to take a chance, try to understand" won't change the history books.

Edited by pcsario

Just saying "bubuu the chickens at Dearborn were too scared to take a chance, try to understand" won't change the history books.

Uh. Lessee. Biker's assertion was that STAGNATION ALONE (notice that he doesn't name any other cause) explains the decline in Focus volume.

I would insist that stagnation AND A WELL DESERVED REPUTATION FOR ABSOLUTELY ABYSMAL QUALITY explain the decline in Focus sales.

You go mention "Focus" to anyone you know that can afford one. Tell me if the first thing they say is, "Focus? It's so old!" or "Aren't they unreliable?"

Edited by RichardJensen

Yeah. Those 13 recalls had nothing to do with it.

You guys keep posting that number as if it proves anything but Ford of North america was a bunch of incompetent fools, those problems were fixed by the 02 model year and the Focus was one of Ford's best all around cars, figures you guys will bash what Ford does right, and defend what they do wrong.

It's not the Focus that was the problem, it was Ford of NORTH AMERICA that was the problem, THEY needed to be recalled, and anybody with a brain can see that Mulally discovered what a mess Ford was and is busy fixing it. I'm surprised you haven't started a petition to bring back Nasser...

Edited by Blueblood

You think that maybe, just maybe, a few people that were thinking about buying a Focus heard about all those recalls?

The issue is what caused the decline in sales volume.

It is not 'what was wrong with the Focus'.

Hey, isn't it a fact that the Focus is Ford's best selling car. It outsells the Fusion. After the F-Series trucks, it just may be Ford's second best selling vehicle period. I guess we will know for sure at end of December.

those problems were fixed by the 02 model year and the Focus was one of Ford's best all around cars

Guess you never saw the problems that the SVT model brought to the lineup starting in 02 huh?

Your defending of how great the Focus is/was is as laughable as you bashing current Ford products.

Hey, isn't it a fact that the Focus is Ford's best selling car. It outsells the Fusion. After the F-Series trucks, it just may be Ford's second best selling vehicle period. I guess we will know for sure at end of December.

Using last years numbers, the Explorer was Ford's second best selling product after the F-series.

As of July of this year its a race between the Escape,Focus and Econoline!

Guess you never saw the problems that the SVT model brought to the lineup starting in 02 huh?

Your defending of how great the Focus is/was is as laughable as you bashing current Ford products.

Many of the recalls affect 2002 and 2003 model years as well.

Along with the GM X bodies, the Focus is the most recalled vehicle in history. Any assertion that this had no effect on public perception is pretty hard to believe.

You're just upset that you got a lemon, I know many people with SVT's that have no problems at all.

You're just upset that you got a lemon, I know many people with SVT's that have no problems at all.

You're an exception. Can you honestly say with a straight face that SVT Focuses were well thought out quality automobiles? I generally liked SVT's products, but I liked that one the absolute least.

Uh. Lessee. Biker's assertion was that STAGNATION ALONE (notice that he doesn't name any other cause) explains the decline in Focus volume.

I would insist that stagnation AND A WELL DESERVED REPUTATION FOR ABSOLUTELY ABYSMAL QUALITY explain the decline in Focus sales.

You go mention "Focus" to anyone you know that can afford one. Tell me if the first thing they say is, "Focus? It's so old!" or "Aren't they unreliable?"

rich...i hear NOTHING but GLOWING reports about the Focus's reliability....the drivers/ owners seem to LOVE them...initially there were some minor pho pahs....but as of late the report card is all A's ala Fusion. Even the service guys are in agreement....styling is another matter.....OLD and long in the tooth are putting it mildly.......

rich...i hear NOTHING but GLOWING reports about the Focus's reliability....the drivers/ owners seem to LOVE them...initially there were some minor pho pahs....but as of late the report card is all A's ala Fusion. Even the service guys are in agreement....styling is another matter.....OLD and long in the tooth are putting it mildly.......

Faux pas dammit. Faux pas!! :redcard:

Sorry. Anal retentive English moment.

Exactly. Ford shut the barn door after the horse got out.

drivetrain etc is great, styling needs help as does the interior....I can tolerate the 08 ONLY knowing something better is around the corner and that the 08 is basically a stop-gap.....but whomever signed off on it deserves nothing more than a forced severence package..........

drivetrain etc is great, styling needs help as does the interior....I can tolerate the 08 ONLY knowing something better is around the corner and that the 08 is basically a stop-gap.....but whomever signed off on it deserves nothing more than a forced severence package..........

Drivetrain, while reliable, is in dire need of help. The only engine being offered for '08 is what...130 HP? Ouch. And for that low power level, it still isn't one of the most fuel-efficient small cars.

Drivetrain, while reliable, is in dire need of help. The only engine being offered for '08 is what...130 HP? Ouch. And for that low power level, it still isn't one of the most fuel-efficient small cars.

unbreakable PZEV and 37 mpg is nothing to sneeze at.....my dad gets 35 mpgs going to mexico at 80mph........raves about that car